Le 45gal build! *Refugium pics pg10!*

Angel<3Nanos

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright the plumbing was finished last night at 2am lol

I think it came up OK.

13976666174_66ffb57a70.jpg

In this pic the hoses are not installed yet. (But now they are)

Will be wet tomorrow :)

Just a quick observation here. I have noticed a lot of people put Tee fittings for the drain with a pipe that extends to the top of the tank with a small air hole(i'm assuming this is for a carb/sound) I noticed you did not put one. Please excuse the extremely novice questions because I am just trying to learn about to start up a project myself. Is there really any difference/benefits in putting a tee with an air hole vs just a straight 90 degree elbow? Everything is coming along very nicely!

Steensj2004

Just a quick observation here. I have noticed a lot of people put Tee fittings for the drain with a pipe that extends to the top of the tank with a small air hole(i'm assuming this is for a carb/sound) I noticed you did not put one. Please excuse the extremely novice questions because I am just trying to learn about to start up a project myself. Is there really any difference/benefits in putting a tee with an air hole vs just a straight 90 degree elbow? Everything is coming along very nicely!

If I am not mistaken this is to vent air to allow a full siphon....Results in a more efficient ,less noisey overflow?

If I am not mistaken this is to vent air to allow a full siphon....Results in a more efficient ,less noisey overflow?

That's what I was thinking, kind of like the beer cans that you punch a hole in the top lol allows water to flow more smoothly I guess. With that being said I'm gonna put a tee on mine. The hole could always be covered up if it doesn't help

Steensj2004

That's what I was thinking, kind of like the beer cans that you punch a hole in the top lol allows water to flow more smoothly I guess. With that being said I'm gonna put a tee on mine. The hole could always be covered up if it doesn't help

I could be wrong, but I thing people usually cap the top and put a small hole in the cap. Some even add an airline too, unsure of exactly the best way to do it. I know that they help the noise and flow considerably...

Angel<3Nanos

I've seen the Ts with a cap and an airhose like steensj2004 mentioned above. They work great. Tho, mine is extremely silent. And so it my other 13.3 that's plumbed same way. But its not always the same with everyone.

It doesn't hurt to add the tee as a precaution, if it doesn't work with a hole drilled in it it could always be replaced with a new cap as there is really no need to glue it on considering the location of the cap. It's whatever works in the end.

Angel<3Nanos

It doesn't hurt to add the tee as a precaution, if it doesn't work with a hole drilled in it it could always be replaced with a new cap as there is really no need to glue it on considering the location of the cap. It's whatever works in the end.

Yup. I would've added the Tee but it didn't crossed my mind. So far its working good ;)

Angel<3Nanos

I just used there dry rock again. Nice and porous, and more lbs. than I ordered.

I've been wanting to try this Life Rock, so far it looks good :)

I like the first scape more but that is just a matter of personal preference. You would be able to get more coral in your track with the second option tho.

Angel<3Nanos

I like the first scape more but that is just a matter of personal preference. You would be able to get more coral in your track with the second option tho.

This is what I ended up with.

13989888964_b6fda78622_c.jpg

This is what I ended up with.

13989888964_b6fda78622_c.jpg

Liked everything I read and saw till the scape IMHO, is your scape scaped around your mp10s placement? Always been bias to the two island look. Keep up the good work tho, following.
Angel<3Nanos

:haha:

:happydance:

Liked everything I read and saw till the scape IMHO, is your scape scaped around your mp10s placement? Always been bias to the two island look. Keep up the good work tho, following.

Mp10s haven't been set on a permanent place. I went with this scape because I wanted to take advantage of the depth of the tank and coral placement. As well as crevices where fish can swim and hide :).

And that scape fit the profile :)

Lookin' good man! When is the ETA for wetness?

Seeing all of these new builds makes me REALLY want to get to work on getting my display tank back up!!

Angel<3Nanos

Seeing all of these new builds makes me REALLY want to get to work on getting my display tank back up!!

It just got wet :)

Its just clearing up from the sand :)

And do it! Can't be a seller with no DT! ;) hehe

i dig the elevation in your scape!!!! its gonna look sick once its mature!!! My 50Gal should be getting here within the next week. ill let ya know when i have the build thread up! :)

Legendary Corals

You and me both! I'm itching to work on my display again too.

Loving how clean everything is looking. Lots of potential on this one!

Archived