Coral Vue Hydros

Le 45gal build! *Refugium pics pg10!*

Angel<3Nanos

Angel<3Nanos

i dig the elevation in your scape!!!! its gonna look sick once its mature!!! My 50Gal should be getting here within the next week. ill let ya know when i have the build thread up! :)

Thx man! Can't wait to see your 50g. Its gonna be amazing!

You and me both! I'm itching to work on my display again too.

Loving how clean everything is looking. Lots of potential on this one!

Thank you! I need to start saving money to order from you soo! ;)

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Angel<3Nanos

No jumpers! That plate looks sweet. Glenn is a great guy.

That's right! Lol these fish can get cray cray.

Yup Glenn has the good stuff ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Angel<3Nanos

Update:

Been fighting diatoms for almost two months. They seem to be going away. Must be the new rock. Have some fish now, all healthy and chunky lol

Glued some frags. And everything is looking good. Pics to follow.

Also setting up my RODI station tomorrow. Got tired of going to my buddies house for water.

Angel<3Nanos

I was curious about that skimmer. Very nice to see it pulling some good skimmate.

Yep, its a really good investment. Love it.

Angel<3Nanos

Finally found the cause for diatoms :/ stupid me!

So I was getting my water from a friend, and since he claims its 0 tds water I never checked. Well I installed my new spectrapure RO/DI unit and fill up my 35g reservoir. Since I still had some water left from my friend I decided to test it.... 45tds!!! Damnit!

My new water reads 000tds!

Uggghhhhh.... lol

Thats with a hannah handheld tds meter.

Angel<3Nanos

Always nice to have your own RO system. Now you know your water is clean.

Yeah it is!

I previously had the RO buddie from Aquaticlife but the di filter runs out quick! And so I switched to spectrapure. Much better.

Lookin good man. :)

Thx man. I need to add a new FTS since ive added some stuff.

Lookin good man. :)

Hey man. Are you in our Vegas Reef group om Facebook? If not check it out, its local and we are about to do giveaways.
Angel<3Nanos

Some pics.

(Frags on sandbed are zoas that my local club are giving away)

14560586432_68f9430599_b.jpg

14374979857_9425a19b72_b.jpg

FTS 07/02/14

14559781504_f162a6bdd5_b.jpg

Angel<3Nanos

Tank looks sooooo much bigger than it is.

It sure does. Sometimes, even I cant believe it only hold 45gals lol
Angel<3Nanos

Ya man. I'm the mike with the long last name.

Lol good to know you are a member already of Vegas Reefs. Thought you were someone from Reefers of LV.
  • 3 weeks later...
Snow_Phoenix

Is it just me or all the freaken HYDRAS bleach the shit out of corals.... ugh asdfghjkl :rant:

Have you tried dimming it down? I had a problem as well when I upgraded my T5s from 48W to 96W. The jump in lighting caused my brains to bleach, even though I light-acclimated them. They're now recovering (albeit slowly) after being placed under a LR ledge.

Angel<3Nanos

Have you tried dimming it down? I had a problem as well when I upgraded my T5s from 48W to 96W. The jump in lighting caused my brains to bleach, even though I light-acclimated them. They're now recovering (albeit slowly) after being placed under a LR ledge.

Ive been having them for a while now. The sertings are fine but my sps keep bleaching after a while. All params are fine. LPS and softies do fine. Just tgose goddamn sps!!! Uggh

Snow_Phoenix

Ive been having them for a while now. The sertings are fine but my sps keep bleaching after a while. All params are fine. LPS and softies do fine. Just tgose goddamn sps!!! Uggh

Unfortunately I don't have much experience on SPS, so I can't offer any guidance/info on this one. Sorry. :(

But maybe just do a quick parameter check - especially Alk, Ca and Mg levels to make sure everything is okay?

Archived