ReefCleaners.org

Dylan's Corner of Relaxation- New Update

Dylan.N

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn,that sucks about the hornets. Was it a fresh cut frag ?

The surface skimmer looks pretty good. I was going to get one,but it won't fit my girlfriends pico.

I'm not sure about the hornets. When I was acclimating them they looked ok to me. I didn't see any pests. I put them in the tank and hoped for the best. But when everything else started opening up I was getting a little worried. Now they are pretty much a total loss. But I have seen some crazy things happen with this 1 zoa frag in our living room tank. It was completely dead and then very slowly more polyps started to grow. So I'm just going to leave them in the tank for now.

Still sucks though,maybe contact rare reef ( that's where you got them from right ? ) and see what they think.

I had the same thing happen to a lot of my Zoa's in my first saltwater tank. Some withered away completely almost no flesh left and then sprouted new polyps after awhile.

He has a policy that you have to take a pic of the dead coral within 1 hour of receiving it. And even then you only get store credit. Can't get a refund for shipping. I don't like that policy. But I guess it's the price you pay for ordering online. I won't dwell on it.

Hmm,most places it's 2 hours,but like you said that's what you get from ordering online. It's always hit or miss. That's the only downside.

Maybe just let them be and they'll re grow for you ? That'd always be nice. I wouldn't consider them goners just yet. How's everything else doing ?

That's the plan. Just going to leave them. It'll be a little science project I guess haha. Everything else is doing great. I'm home for the long weekend so the tank is in my roommate's hands. Clowns and wrasse are looking very healthy, acans are always hungry, and the zoas are still growing. I'm interested to see how my clowns react to the new surface skimmer. They always sleep in that back left corner and I kind of took it away from them.

Ah. And the cleaner shrimp molted for the first time the other day. Scared the shit out of me because I saw the skin getting sucked into the skimmer and thought it was him. Then I realized it was just a molt lol.

• 1 month later...

It's been a while! The tank is still going strong. Not much had changed until this past Sunday when I got a red firefish! Love this fish. He's still very timid and has not come out of the rocks much. He will poke out but then if a fish swims by he backs up into the rock. I'm sure he'll get more brave in a few days.

10479362_832946136717356_802353847979648

Thanks guys. Well the firefish came out from the rock but isn't looking good at all. Breathing heavily and starting to float. I took him out of the tank and put him in a bucket of tank water. We'll see if he makes it. He was probably stressing out to death.

I'm calling it :(

Not sure what exactly happened. I guess he was just too stressed. Nothing out of the ordinary on his body. Other fish in the tank are doing great.

not sure if i want to try again or just get a clam. one of our LFS has some nice derasas. my roommate just got one for the living room tank.

sorry for the shitty iphone pic

10509653_833011566710813_544236297409738

• 1 month later...

Update time! Went to Living Reef today because I didn't feel like driving out to Top Shelf. While I was there I got a nice $10 duncan. Some other changes to the tank are the frogspawn that I got from Top Shelf last week, the rock flower has receded into a rock (might be dying), some pulsing xenia, mummy eye chalice, and some other things. We moved into a house so the tank and my roommates tank are in the office. We also have a tank in the living room and he has a 7 gallon cube in his room.

BM219UD.jpgtsTN20p.jpgiGYEu85.jpgMMe9GkI.jpgpJfOWYo.jpgHMlNFL8.jpgl8x0gyT.jpgkZgbwzB.jpg

Archived