SaltCritters.com

Dylan's Corner of Relaxation- New Update

Dylan.N

Went to Living Reef because I was bored and walked out with a $20 Diamond Goby!

10001122_777961642215806_492166283_o.jpg

Starting sifting through the sand right away.

1798943_777961615549142_87757943_o.jpg

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ole muscle head !!! So ridiculous how big their heads are and little the bodies are lol. Such a cool fish to watch though,I love them. Good pick up btw.

I just started going to Top Shelf a few weeks ago. They are much better than the other place I've been. Looking forward to their expansion!

timothymarsh

As your mentor in this hobby, I have to say that your tank actually looks better than mine does lol. Then again you get the benefit of not having to go through my mistakes. ACANS!!!!!!!!!!

They room they are tiling is for Freshwater I believe, That was where they were culturing their frags. There are taking over the storefront to their left as well. I think I've seen them moving their Grow tanks to that side.

Woke up and the water was about 95% clear. Got home from class and did some cleaning. Got all of the dust off the glass and spent some time working on the rockscape. I really like how it turned out, granted it's not as impressive as some of the other scapes I've seen on here :P I'll post pics either tonight or tomorrow. Whenever the water is completely clear.

Tim when filling up my new tank I used a small air line hose and siphoned the water into the tank. I have a mr aqua 12 it took a little longer but I had virtually 0 cloudy water it works great

It is a sad day. R.I.P. Diamond Goby. He had all the caves he ever needed, but decided to take his own life by jumping. He was found under my dresser.

dresser_zpsc6ae3e2d.jpg

WHAT MADNESS DROVE HIM THERE?!?!?!

On the bright side I did pick up a new acan and a watermelon zoa frag. Did a water change and they are acclimating now.

Oh, and I also had a bacterial bloom.

Sorry to hear about the goby. They seem determined to escape. Mine would never leave its cave then one day it went missing. It was Fish jerky under the stand :/

Just bought some INSANE zoas from rare reef.com. They are having a clean-out sale. I highly encourage you all to check it out. Especially if you are in Florida. $17 next day shipping!

Archived