Top Shelf Aquatics

GTi's CAD Lights 34G Mini-II

GTi

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, seems VW owners are more likely to pick up the reefing hobby... there's a couple more of us on here i've seen posting lol

VW fan bois :rolleyes:

LassenVolcanicPark1.jpg

Best car I've ever owned, by far... :)

To my eye, this looks better. But, ultimately it's your choice.

I agree. It's more balanced.

It's a keeper! I'm not sure my undiscerning eye notices the difference that much but I certainly like the extra space around the edges for cleaning and flow. Thanks to everyone for their input!

Haha, seems VW owners are more likely to pick up the reefing hobby... there's a couple more of us on here i've seen posting lol

1981 VW Vanagon Camper over here!

I just realised I didn't post a photo of my car on this thread - I thought I had but it must be on my 55 gallon thread. I haven't modded this car at all. Considered doing an APR tune but decided to leave it alone. Before this I had a WRX with a lot of modifications.

IMG_0817_zps576186a4.jpg

The red linckia starfish in my 55 took a dive in to the MP10 at some point during the day yesterday with predictable results.

Overnight, the anemone in my frag tank somehow managed to get through the pump grill on the Whisper in-tank filter.

If this keeps up I won't need to worry about swapping stuff over to the new tank...

SouthFlorida_Tron

I used to be all go no show, now I'm wishing I focused on show instead of going, as I suffer horrible mpg, deteriorating parts from perform pounding over the years, from now on, Springs and 19s for me, no more motor mods!

Nano sapiens

The red linckia starfish in my 55 took a dive in to the MP10 at some point during the day yesterday with predictable results.

Overnight, the anemone in my frag tank somehow managed to get through the pump grill on the Whisper in-tank filter.

If this keeps up I won't need to worry about swapping stuff over to the new tank...

Oh my, that's a mess :( I'm sure you've removed as much as you can.

Nano sapiens

I used to be all go no show, now I'm wishing I focused on show instead of going, as I suffer horrible mpg, deteriorating parts from perform pounding over the years, from now on, Springs and 19s for me, no more motor mods!

Very true that the allure of high HP/TQ is hard to resist :). I managed to keep mine near stock with just a mild chip, upgraded springs/shocks/f/r bars.

I'm starting to like all the comfort features more and more as I get older!

Oh my, that's a mess :( I'm sure you've removed as much as you can.

2 legs and the body were in the MP10 which de-coupled. There were a few bits on the sand but not enough to add up to the remaining 3 arms. Skimmer went nuts.

Oh hot damn. :/ Is everything else in the tank ok?

Seemed ok last night. Hopefully still the case when I get home later.

Very true that the allure of high HP/TQ is hard to resist :). I managed to keep mine near stock with just a mild chip, upgraded springs/shocks/f/r bars.

Sounds nicely balanced! I miss the winter performance of the WRX - AWD with winter tyres and no stability control was unstoppable!

<- 2011 Autobahn driver

Also, jealous of this tank...makes my BioCube look boring.

^ Nice!

BTW I started out with a Biocube. Decided I preferred a more open look so I went with a 55 gallon rimless tank. With my work and travel schedule it's too much so now I'm downsizing to this AIO. If you really get fed up with it there's a reasonable second hand market for the Biocubes. Just saying... Also some people convert the Biocube in to a rimless and add external lighting like a Kessil or even a PAR 30 bulb.

In other news, THE CYCLE HAS STARTED IN MY HOLDING TANK! With Dr TIms and some arag-alive water, dry rock and ammonium chloride it started after 10 days. I thought it would never happen. Ammonia 1, Nitrites 0.25, Nitrates 0.

LassenVolcanicPark1.jpg

omg how did i just now see this beast that was posted two days ago?? nice to have a fellow R member

i dont mean to take over or anything GTI but i think you guys might like some more vw love? my mk6 R and my gf's B7 r36. these are kinda old as i have 20mm spacers in the back and 13mm spacers in the front now. (stance is much more flush) these were taken at H2Oi

Not a problem - glad you shared this. Cool car! I wish I could drop my GTI a bit but the Michigan roads are never good and after this winter, they're in the worst shape in 19 years.

Nano sapiens

i dont mean to take over or anything GTI but i think you guys might like some more vw love? my mk6 R and my gf's B7 r36. these are kinda old as i have 20mm spacers in the back and 13mm spacers in the front now. (stance is much more flush) these were taken at H2Oi

IMG_0272_zps3f3ac655.jpg

b7e4cf52-cee9-4d02-b59c-fa394df52d54_zps

Nice! Instead of 'Cars and Coffee' we have 'VWs and Reef Tanks' :)

^ Nice!

BTW I started out with a Biocube. Decided I preferred a more open look so I went with a 55 gallon rimless tank. With my work and travel schedule it's too much so now I'm downsizing to this AIO. If you really get fed up with it there's a reasonable second hand market for the Biocubes. Just saying... Also some people convert the Biocube in to a rimless and add external lighting like a Kessil or even a PAR 30 bulb.

I removed the top and have been running an AI Nano for awhile now. B)

I removed the top and have been running an AI Nano for awhile now. B)

I couldn't find a build thread - do you have one? That was the main thing I didn't like about the BC - I'm sure yours looks good.

I couldn't find a build thread - do you have one? That was the main thing I didn't like about the BC - I'm sure yours looks good.

No. All I have for a camera is an iPhone 5S so getting decent pictures is impossible. I don't feel a build thread is worth a thing without good pics. Maybe one of these days when I decide to change my setup. :)

No. All I have for a camera is an iPhone 5S so getting decent pictures is impossible. I don't feel a build thread is worth a thing without good pics. Maybe one of these days when I decide to change my setup. :)

I see. LEDs are a real challenge to photograph. Much easier if you can adjust white balance.

Didn't know so many people with dubs were on here! Scape looks good! I really like these little tanks. The curve is awesome.

Didn't know so many people with dubs were on here! Scape looks good! I really like these little tanks. The curve is awesome.

I live near Detroit and even with the predominance of Detroit 3 cars I see quite a few around here.

The tank is styled really nicely. I just need to get it wet...

I'm going to my first Frag Swap shortly. I've preordered some bits and pieces and will see what else is there, too. Photos to follow!

Tested the holding tank last night. Ammonia 1, nitrites 1, nitrates 10! Things are moving along now!

Archived