Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Desktop Tanks

DaveFason

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woohoo....

Built the furniture for the 24" yesterday.

I have a tunze nano osmolator, but the float mount doesn't seem to play well with rimmed tanks.

I wonder if this one would do better for this tank:

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/26/smart-ato-autoaqua-heating-arms-race-automatic-top-systems/

If the tubing size were compatible this might work without using the included clamp.

That is what I am planning on using too. Getting one of the Synergy ATO boxes customized to run 2 tanks.

OD of supplied tubing is 3/8".

I have a tunze nano osmolator, but the float mount doesn't seem to play well with rimmed tanks.

I wonder if this one would do better for this tank:

http://reefbuilders.com/2013/08/26/smart-ato-autoaqua-heating-arms-race-automatic-top-systems/

If the tubing size were compatible this might work without using the included clamp.

That looks perfect. May have to invest in this! :D

-Dave

The only other concern I would have is flow/filtration, especially on the 24 inch model. I'm thinking an HOB would destroy the aesthetics completely. Would .75 # of live rock per gallon and a korelia nano be enough filtration for the 12" (2 for the 24"?). A Vortech would be nice but the tank and nano box plus ATO is about(over, lol) the limit of my budget. A little black box type thing in the corner to hide the heater would be great.

Pity there isn't a way to use purigen/chemipure on a setup like this short of an HOB. Maybe there would be room in the "black box" to hide an HOB filter intake in addition to the heater? Would that be even practical?

Of course, I could be over-thinking this, as if I got it, I doubt there would be any fish involved.

I'm *this* close...A blue tank with a blue nanobox would look sweet for zoas.

SpencerShepard

I bet you could install the bare float switch (without the mount) into one of those pre-drilled holes in the rim! For the nano osmolator does the wire come out of the top or bottom of the float switch when it's installed? If it's the top I think you're in business.

• 1 month later...

Would LOVE to see this tank light combo offered as an empty AIO. Just a baffled box on the back to accommodate heater, pump, filtration chambers.... All the things you know you would upgrade in a stock kit anyway. That's something not currently available. And the best part.... the "stock" light IS the light you would upgrade to already!

• 3 months later...

Just wondering is this still available or going on? Tried communicating with synergy about a month ago about putting together a pico or nano and they were not taking custom orders they said I could talk to the owners at Macna which wasn't gonna work for me. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Je

Just wondering is this still available or going on? Tried communicating with synergy about a month ago about putting together a pico or nano and they were not taking custom orders they said I could talk to the owners at Macna which wasn't gonna work for me. Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Je

I do have a few left over. I honestly have turned these into show tanks.

I have 2 - 12" left over and 2 - 24"

-dave

Archived