Pod Your Reef

Nano Box Desktop Tanks

DaveFason

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correct or a Mp10. As well I am working on a small "box" to hide heater, carbon bag, etc.

Pricing this weekend as well!

My Mp10 on the lowest setting still moves things around a lot in my 20g cube, so was not sure how that would work on something this size.

Anyway, the "black box" is a good idea. I cannot wait to see pictures of your booth.

Pricing will be up tomorrow along with.....

24"x12"9" Nano Box tank!

-Dave

Mmmm....love those dimensions! How many nano-boxes would it take to light one of those for LPS/zoas?

Pricing as followed.

Tank Only :

12"x12"x9" Clear Brace - $110

12"x12"x9" Blue/Green/Red Brace - $125

24"x12"x9" Clear Brace - $165

24"x12"x9" Blue/Green/Red Brace - $180

Tank and Nano Box Light Combo :

12"x12"x9" Clear Brace & Nano Box Tide w/ Storm - $380

12"x12"x9" Blue/Green/Red Brace & Nano Box Tide w/ Storm - $390

24"x12"x9" Clear Brace & Nano Box Duo w/ Storm - $590

24"x12"x9" Blue/Green/Red Brace & Nano Box Duo w/ Storm - $600

Current lead time will be 4-5 weeks on tanks and tank combos. Every tank will come standard with two holes on rim for dosing tubing, hole for ATO tubing and notch for heater wire.

-Dave

WOW. I want more pics under brighter lighting. Seems like a great deal w/light to me! Love the looks of those tanks! Is acrylic as clear as starphire glass? Just asking because I am comparing. I will likely buy this instead of the ADA 60f.

acrylic is clearer than glass by nature, I think even clearer than low iron glass. ADA does not use PPG's starphire, they use Pilkington's Optiwhite; which is slightly more tinted imo

I will have new and better pictures shortly. Reefbuilders should be posting something soon as well.

WOW. I want more pics under brighter lighting. Seems like a great deal w/light to me! Love the looks of those tanks! Is acrylic as clear as starphire glass? Just asking because I am comparing. I will likely buy this instead of the ADA 60f.

Thanks nips, I think you are correct as well. Synergy uses the best acrylic you can buy as well. I believe it is C4 or something like that.

acrylic is clearer than glass by nature, I think even clearer than low iron glass. ADA does not use PPG's starphire, they use Pilkington's Optiwhite; which is slightly more tinted imo

Thanks! I have had a acrylic tank for 6+ years now and no fading. I know plexiglass can but nothing even close to that is used.

The sets look wonderful. Without being rude, is it true that acrylic tanks fade over time?

Legendary Corals

Wow... I'd love to grow some crazy zoa gardens in this tank... Asdfg...

Was wondering if they can come with overflows assembled?

Dave - if you need a local guy to help out with this at all, you know, I'm not sayin' I'm just sayin'... ;)

To the same end, I know the brace has holes drilled in it, but are these meant to be sumped out of the box (i.e. do they come drilled for plumbing or is that extra)? If not, will they have enough room for an HOB? How are these designed to be run?

patrickbruno91

Pricing as followed.

Tank and Nano Box Light Combo :

24"x12"x9" Clear Brace & Nano Box Duo w/ Storm - $590

24"x12"x9" Blue/Green/Red Brace & Nano Box Duo w/ Storm - $600

Current lead time will be 4-5 weeks on tanks and tank combos. Every tank will come standard with two holes on rim for dosing tubing, hole for ATO tubing and notch for heater wire.

-Dave

Eventually will there be a bluefish controller,tank,light combo?

P.S I was also looking on your flickr account at the recent pictures, how do you like the color control ability of the bluefish controller? It seems really cool to be-able to get the perfect color to what you desire.

They can be drilled for a sump. The rim is only a 1/2" so it should not be a problem adding a HOB.

I will have the bluefish controller option shortly.

Wow... I'd love to grow some crazy zoa gardens in this tank... Asdfg...

Was wondering if they can come with overflows assembled?

I am sure I can do that for you. Heck a simple bulkhead with strainer would work. I am also working a cut outs for a canister filter with lily pipes or other pipes.

-Dave

patrickbruno91

lily glass pipes would be B.A with zoa garden. I think we might be seeing a slight "good" change in the hobby with these nano tanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to these! I'm gonna have to beg and plead for one as a graduation gift. That green one looks super slick.

Archived