Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mirya's Mini Garden (Nuvo 8) - Yasha Love Shack

Mirya

So I meandered over the Salt Critters Facebook page, so this, and my brain exploded:

10353265_10152462349652948_8791988485124

I haven't placed the order yet for the shroom. I sent them a message to see if they can postpone deliver for a week since my husband just left town for a business trip. Normally he works from home so is able to accept deliveries for me. I do see the Salt Critters is having a live sale on Memorial Day. /swoon

I also managed to pick up an open box Neptune EB8 for cheap off Saltwateraquarium.com today. :)

The zoas from Legendary are finally showing their faces. The Red Hornet is open and the Petroglyph and Strawberry Daiquiri is almost there. The Starry Night and Blue Ghosts are still frumpy though.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asked Salt Critters if they could hold my shipment until the week of the 26th. They can't. :( So, I guess I will roll the dice and wait and see if they still have those St. T mushies available during their Memorial Day sale.

Here's the new acquisitions from this week. My Legendary Corals zoas are getting less grumpy:

ZoasLC_zpsa1eff3a6.jpg

My Rastas and Mindblowing Palys I picked up at the club swap yesterday. The Mindblowing Palys look much better in person. The Rastas were a steal at $15 for plug:

ZoasCORA_zps25db5235.jpg

And the dwarf toadie, he looks so much greener than this in person:

Toadie_zpscdab9f22.jpg

Steensj2004

Pictures aren't showing up? I just got a frag of Purple hornets and Blue Hornets....stayed grumpy the last few days also. Also, you interested in some airstones. I listed them on the hardware sale section but doubt anyone wants them. If you want em you can have em, Ill ship em over to yah.

FlowerMama

I saw that Saltcritters pic on Facebook but I didn't see where that unique item was on the site yesterday. But if they have that many of those bubbly St Thomas maybe I may have to try it. I think Aquascaper's used to have them but then they went away so I didn't look anymore.

New thread in Members Tank Forum!!!! That's where I'll see it the most :).

Very exciting news. Congrats on everything!!!! That new dwarf toadstool is so cool!!!!!

Pictures aren't showing up? I just got a frag of Purple hornets and Blue Hornets....stayed grumpy the last few days also. Also, you interested in some airstones. I listed them on the hardware sale section but doubt anyone wants them. If you want em you can have em, Ill ship em over to yah.

I think I fixed the links. :) Didn't realize I broke the links since the pics still loaded from my cache. I think I will pass on the airstones for now. I've had the skimmer unplugged the last few days as I can't decide how much it helps in a tank this size vs how much I might be hurting by skimming out beneficial bacteria. IDK...

I saw that Saltcritters pic on Facebook but I didn't see where that unique item was on the site yesterday. But if they have that many of those bubbly St Thomas maybe I may have to try it. I think Aquascaper's used to have them but then they went away so I didn't look anymore.

They are having a live sale on Memorial Day, so that is maybe when we will see them pop up on the website.

New thread in Members Tank Forum!!!! That's where I'll see it the most :).

Very exciting news. Congrats on everything!!!! That new dwarf toadstool is so cool!!!!!

I posted the toadie knowing you in particular would really like it! :)

I've always loved those green toadies :). I'm actually giving mine away to jack1978 to make room for something new. A BTA :happydance:. It's always exciting to try something new :).
Steensj2004

I think I fixed the links. :) Didn't realize I broke the links since the pics still loaded from my cache. I think I will pass on the airstones for now. I've had the skimmer unplugged the last few days as I can't decide how much it helps in a tank this size vs how much I might be hurting by skimming out beneficial bacteria. IDK...

They are having a live sale on Memorial Day, so that is maybe when we will see them pop up on the website.

Ok, well if you change your mind Ill send em over, free. Just dont need em, lol. Tank is looking amazing!

unboxed_zpsdcef62c4.jpg

Awe, doesn't the 8 look tiny next to the 24?

The 24 doesn't appear to have any damage and is indeed the 7mm glass version. I probably won't add water to leak test it until this weekend though, in case something bad does happen while I'm out of the house.

I just placed some orders with Marine Depot and BRS, taking advantage of their pre-Memorial Day sales. I have stuff like a PM1 module for my Neptune, salt, Chemi-Pure Blue, sand, and a fuge light en route!

FlowerMama

unboxed_zpsdcef62c4.jpg

Awe, doesn't the 8 look tiny next to the 24?

The 24 doesn't appear to have any damage and is indeed the 7mm glass version. I probably won't add water to leak test it until this weekend though, in case something bad does happen while I'm out of the house.

I just placed some orders with Marine Depot and BRS, taking advantage of their pre-Memorial Day sales. I have stuff like a PM1 module for my Neptune, salt, Chemi-Pure Blue, sand, and a fuge light en route!

I know what that feels like, going from the Evolve 8 to the 34. I love the matching furniture pieces!

omgomgomg

That looks amazing!!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder...I need to order some salt and magnesium from Marine Depot :)

I think one of the parts I enjoy the most about preparing for a new tank is how I have a new package or two delivered nearly every day. It's like it's my birthday, but daily! (Ironically, my actual birthday is this weekend. :D) Today the EB8 I found discounted because it was an open box item was delivered. I also got my finisher's t-shirt from the Indy Mini Marathon! Friday I should get shipments from Marine Depot and BRS. Also on Friday my husband gets back from his business trip. (That might be the best delivery of all.) Then the weekend will be all birthday/Memorial day fun times!

I did start a thread in the Member's Forum for the new tank. I have a link in my signature.

As for the 8, things are humming along. All the zoas from my Legendary Corals ordered have finally opened up. Well, except for the Blue Ghost, that one melted but Darwin has me covered next time I place an order. The colors are very faded on the Starry Night and Strawberry Daiquiri and faded to a lesser extent on the Petroglyphs. I'm sure with some TLC they will be back to being glorious in a little bit. (It would probably help if my snails stopped molesting them though.) The trumpets have been the fattest looking since I got them and greedily stick out feeder tentacles whenever any food hits the water. The wire coral and the nems are doing well too. Even Gimp is looking a little less gimpish.

FlowerMama

Well then, Happy Birthday this weekend. Yeah, I had so much fun too. It's not often you get hobby items in the mail almost daily. That's why I had to put some pics up as mine came in clumps. A little of this, little of that, then the coral buying continues and so does the deficit at the bank!

I've been a fan of all your tanks so far.

natalia_la_loca

Happy future birthday :) glad most of your order pulled through. Sorry to hear about the blue ghosts though :(

Is the floridian flower garden link photo a question mark?

Yup! I'll update the photo once I have the tank up and running and can take an actual livestock photo. :)

Yup! I'll update the photo once I have the tank up and running and can take an actual livestock photo. :)

That's a cute in between photo :).
natalia_la_loca

Hey, how are your yasha and shrimp doing? I'm thinking about bailing on my no-fish rule and getting a pair for my Nuvo 8 :)

LiveAquaria says they need to be fed at least 2x/day, are you finding that to be the case? I thought I read a while back that you only fed your yasha every couple of days.

Hey, how are your yasha and shrimp doing? I'm thinking about bailing on my no-fish rule and getting a pair for my Nuvo 8 :)

LiveAquaria says they need to be fed at least 2x/day, are you finding that to be the case? I thought I read a while back that you only fed your yasha every couple of days.

Fat and happy! I really love the two of them, so much personality. The table we eat at is right next to the tank, so at dinner time Goby pops her head out to watch us. And Shrimp -- it is remarkable how loud something so small can be. We will randomly hear his snaps clear across the apartment. I think the 8 is a perfect showcase for them, since they are both pretty small. The only potential downside is if you have frags on the sandbed near their burrow, the pistol may rearrange them. I lost the tiny frag of green Kenya tree I had because I think Shrimp took it into the burrow.

I only feed them every other day. I target feed directly in front of the burrow since the Yasha doesn't venture very far. She eats til her belly is pudgy. The shrimp will sometimes dart out too. He'll snatch a piece of food and drag it back to the burrow to eat. He will grab ridiculously large chunks. The goby has a good body condition, even on the off feeding days she doesn't have a caved in abdomen and she isn't sunken over her spine at all. This shrimp has practically doubled in size since I got him.

natalia_la_loca

Thanks, glad they're doing well :)

Not sure they would work so well in my tank as I do have a few frags on the bottom and they probably would make good nest building material. Maybe a yellow clown goby instead.

Not sure they would work so well in my tank as I do have a few frags on the bottom and they probably would make good nest building material. Maybe a yellow clown goby instead.

Ya, that is the only drawback, Shrimp rearranging his corner of the tank nightly. At least he doesn't stray more than 4" from the burrow, so I put the frags I don't want him to rearrange in the opposite side of the tank from his burrow.

So for my birthday today so far I went out on a nice long run. The weather is gorgeous, and I trail ran along one of the major rivers here in Columbus. I shall now eat wings later without guilt. ;) Jason Fox is having a live sale today on Reef2reef... IDK the confluence of a coral live sale and my birthday sounds dangerous! Going to have to see if I can score a dollar frag. fingerscrossed I'll definitely be taking part in Saltcritters live sale on Monday to nab one of their St T mushrooms and some Rics.

Archived