Coral Vue Hydros

Free Frag Tank?

Marine Depot

Did anyone here from marine depot about the new product or the posting of our videos?

Nope. I am curious as to where they are located too.

Also, did any of you guys win the frag tank? It would be a cool reef build.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope nothing on a tank and maybe we will here something about the videos there's still a little time left today..I think they are on the west coast.

Marine Depot

Sent test team members an update on your first round of videos and the next round of products. Still waiting for some replies. Hope all is well!

Jeff @ MD

Sent test team members an update on your first round of videos and the next round of products. Still waiting for some replies. Hope all is well!

Jeff @ MD

Hey Jeff, I sent you an email about some unforseen changes.

Marine Depot

Hey Jeff, I sent you an email about some unforseen changes.

Got it and already replied. I don't think this will be a problem since everyone else is being pretty open about what they can and cannot test. I think we'll get you something you can use.

Marine Depot

Has everyone's product been shipped? I have not got word of what's being sent.

4 of the 5 products for the next round have gone out; one of our reviewers is waiting on an unreleased protein skimmer.

4 of the 5 products for the next round have gone out; one of our reviewers is waiting on an unreleased protein skimmer.

very cool ... when do our videos from last month get released?

Marine Depot

very cool ... when do our videos from last month get released?

Very likely next week. The plan is send an email to our mailing list of hobbyists with links to two video playlists of all your review videos.

In future months, since everyone will be reviewing different stuff (that's the plan anyway), we'll just provide links to individual videos. But we'll likely share your videos individually on social media as well.

I don't want you to think our not sharing your first round videos yet has anything to do with their quality; there is just a lot of cool stuff happening internally and we have a small team so it's a bit of a balancing act.

We just want to introduce them to the world properly. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

No idea, I still have to make a video of the skimmer I received. I wanted to give it time to fully break in before I reviewed it.

Did the videos get released?

Anyone know what the plan is for May?

Marine Depot

Videos haven't been released, still waiting on 1 video from one of the review team members.

Going forward, we'll likely release them as we get them.

Marine Depot

Im wondering if there will be a May product?

We're working on the next round of products now. Once we get your first and second round of videos out into the world, this campaign will build momentum and get recognized, which will make more brands want to buy in and support what we're doing. Whether we stick with a strict 6-month assignment or make it a little longer (likely the latter), each test team member is going to get an opportunity to review 6+ products and share their opinions about them on our video channel. Thank you for patience and participation!

• 3 weeks later...
Marine Depot

Any word on video release?

We were waiting for one final video so I just gave the reviewer a final notice we're going to press ahead with or without it.

The first round will be released the second week of June; after that, we will release them one-by-one.

I'll be in touch via email with each of you to collect the next round of videos. My sincere apology for the delay. We have some huge projects going on internally to improve our website so resources have been slim.

Jeff @ MD

BattleAthletics

How can I become a member of the product test team? I'm very interested.

You can, but the entrance exam is an 8 hour oral test coupled with U.S. Navy Seal like 8 week training.

Still interested? I gave up when I got off the bus, I couldn't take the yelling from the Marine Depot female evaluators.

Archived