Coral Vue Hydros

got2envy's Mr. Aqua 12g me love u LONG time

got2envy

Thanks G! hopfeully it cycles quickly...but we know how that goes :lol:

Hope you had a good Holiday...just chillin' watching the HEAT play the Lakers and drinking Puerto Rican Coquito :)

I've had a lot of luck cycling fast with that Dr. Tims bacteria in a bottle. You should look into it!!!

It's been wonderful, thank you :). Enjoy that Coquito :happy:.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks! :)

I am sure some stuff will get moved when I add coral.

I don't sump my nanos :P

I am going to run a canister filter and see how that goes.

Thanks for stopping in!

I see. So you will be using the eheim pipes I'm assuming? Well that does look better than the hob ahah. Another way to hide those equipments is painting the back glass black. Just giving you idea ahah.

Lily pipes are good replacements for the green eheim pipes but those can be an eyesore once it gets dirty and everything because it's clear blown glass.

Yeah, I was thinking about that...this is the first tank ever that I didn't paint the back :mellow:

I kinda like the clear look on it. I will prob eventually just go natural with just flow and no bio media eventually...all I run in the HOB is filter floss anyways but I can do that after water changes...the other thing is surface skimming.

I see. Well, whatever works for you. Won't the eheim pipes be too tall for your shallow Mr. Aqua? Hmmm

Yea, I use to just run filter floss on my hob filter with cheato algae, then I switched to canister filter, Eheim with the original pipes, filter floss, carbon as well. Then I switched the green Eheim pipes to lily glass pipes, you know the knockoffs on ebay for cheap, then added a mp10 and removed the canister filter(filter floss only). I'm actually running filterless right now, it's been a few weeks already, so far my tank is doing same as usual. It's kinda ballsy to go filterless but it is doable if you do large weekly water changes. Actually, my surface is pretty ugly but it doesn't harm the corals at all imo, unless you're doing sps....they're super sensitive lol. Lps and softies are fine if you have very low bioload, I mean this is just what I believe, many have disagreed with me but eh lol.

I got a nano Sunsun filter from eBay lol it comes with clear intake and spay bar :)

The only thing is I will have no where to hide the heater :/

Yeah, the surface scum and the heater are my two least fav things about running sumpless. That and occasionally I think about buying another fish.

I can deal with the heater...surface scum I can't lololol

I'm dealing with it on my pico. Not much I can do on such a small tank with only a HOB. Those surface skimmers that attach to aquaclear filters are too big. Luckily the corals/macro I'm keeping don't seem to mind the hazy surface. :)

I ended up buying it on eBay. Free shipping and about $6 more than DFS. Can't wait to get it :). Thanks again!!!! I had no idea they even made something like that. :D

Archived