SaltCritters.com

got2envy's Mr. Aqua 12g me love u LONG time

got2envy

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Start with 5 but lower height of left side and extend it more toward the right side of the tank ... Unless you are planning to use the dead space in the middle. /shrug. I suck at scaping. :)

Thanks guys! yeah I think 5 is where it will stay. I like #1 but I really want to try something different.

I kinda like the empty sandy space in the middle :P I am sure some stuff will get moved around once I start adding coral.

The rock will def be a bit outta the water or at least the tip will be.

Here's one I did before I left for work leaning the large rock and using the small ones for height.

Thanks VAbumpkin for the idea!

Scape#5

11518449034_492ffed9f7_o.jpg

This one is nice too!! Scape 1 and scape 5 are the best ones imo. So why not just do a voting poll for either 1 or 5? Takes it to the winner.

Thanks guys! yeah I think 5 is where it will stay. I like #1 but I really want to try something different.

I kinda like the empty sandy space in the middle :P I am sure some stuff will get moved around once I start adding coral.

The rock will def be a bit outta the water or at least the tip will be.

Oh nevermind lol, 5 it is then!! Sweet. :)

Just wanted to say that because of you and my growing Davinci clown in my SPEC V I'm going to have to set up my 12 long now. Just want to get some glass for the top to help with evaporation. When I ran mine as a FW tank I was topping off every day and it got a bit tedious. I'm lazy.

BTW, l like #5 as well FWIW. Can't wait to see it get wet and stocked!

Thanks Speaker73! I will be filling her up today! :P

I am used to topping off by hand everyday anyways on my other 2 tanks :lol:

Ohhhh....#5 looks great!!!!!

I still like #1 the best and if I ever get a Mr Aqua 12L, I'm gonna copy that scape :).

Ok! it is a nice scape but i really like the open spot in the middle for some ricordias :happy:

Ok! it is a nice scape but i really like the open spot in the middle for some ricordias :happy:

It will be PERFECT for ricordeas :).

How many tanks do you have going now? 3 with this one?

It will be PERFECT for ricordeas :).

How many tanks do you have going now? 3 with this one?

This is reef # 3 and I have a 20L FW moss cherry shrimp tank.

I have some nice Rics and Yumas that need more room from my 40g :)

Scape #5 looks awesome! This build is gonna be good :)

Thanks for following!

Scape 5 or 2 were the strongest imo, the right side of the left rock structure angles gently inward toward the center of the aquarium leading the eye that direction unto a flow into the smaller island. A few of your similar attempts to improve on 2 had a very sharp dropoff at the right side of the left structure causing the eye to stop there.

Also playing with the the negative space of a reef tank is just as exciting if not more than filling every inch of it with coral i wouldn't call this style minimalistic its simply a carefully thought out layout and certainly not your average liverock pile, looking forward to this progressing!

Filled her up and added a piece of live rock for seeding, it has 3 colors of nice coraline :)

I was lazy and didn't want to wait for my RO/DI so I bought 10g of NSW from Petco LMAOoo it's sad that I do not trust my LFS's H2O mix...the last few times I tested it, salinity was way off.

My light should be here Friday!

IMG_20131225_152118.JPG

I also have a HOB for now but ordered a cannisted filter, should be here next week. I also will be getting a WP10 in mid January. For now just gonna let it cycle. May get a damsel to move things along next week.

I really like the DFS HOB with surface skimmer. Looks like they have been discontinued :(

IMG_20131225_152232.JPG

IMG_20131225_152012.JPG

Thanks for following!

Thanks G! hopfeully it cycles quickly...but we know how that goes :lol:

Hope you had a good Holiday...just chillin' watching the HEAT play the Lakers and drinking Puerto Rican Coquito :)

Archived