SaltCritters.com

SϒNERGϒ·REEF

ReviloM

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you're getting cadlights zen?

Probably will just stick to my de-rimmed 10 gallon for now until I get my larger tank.

Edit: If I do decide not to before I go to sleep, I will get another 10 gallon and de-rim it better because I chipped some of the glass on the current one.

11430446455_bf86d4f183_z.jpg

11430492086_509506711b_z.jpg

11430492576_549a6339fb_z.jpg

The rainbow mushroom is not looking too good. I hope it recovers. It was looking bad when I got it which is why it was so cheap but I think I can turn it around.

Lolol not a rainbow mushroom ahahah. That's a bleached out red/green blastomussa. Very common coral as well.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR2.TRC1.A0.Xblastomussa&_nkw=blastomussa&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Example,

$_12.JPG

that's not the rainbow mushroom....that's a blasto. Also that blasto isn't bleached. It has always been light in color since I have seen it in the store 3 weeks ago. That was free piece from the buy 3 get 1 free(equal or lesser value).

I didn't take the image of the mushroom yet. I will once it heals up.

Oh ahha, thought you were referring that blasto of yours as the mushroom....And yes, it is bleached out lol. Believe me, I know when a blasto is bleached out or not, I used to collect blastos, had some pretty smexy ones in the past that I've sold not cheap.

Oh ahha, thought you were referring that blasto of yours as the mushroom....And yes, it is bleached out lol. Believe me, I know when a blasto is bleached out or not, I used to collect blastos, had some pretty smexy ones in the past that I've sold not cheap.

I thought the same when I first saw it quarantined. It was in the frag tank in par around 250 at most area (shadow zone of the radion gen 2). That's not enough to bleach a coral. Also, that was 3 weeks ago. Plenty of time to start coloring back up. But hey, if it turns out to be the case. it was still free.

On another note, I will see if I can order some stuff from UC soon.

Lol, yeah that's great that it's free. But I 100% guarantee you it's bleached. You can even post it over on reef2reef.com and ask for the experts' opinion.

Lol, yeah that's great that it's free. But I 100% guarantee you it's bleached. You can even post it over on reef2reef.com and ask for the experts' opinion.

Well time will tell.

You will be excited to find that it will color up dramatically, especially if you feed it, because that coral has been bleached at some point... I had some Acans bleach out during late summer when my tank got too hot and they are just now coming back into *full* coloration.

When I add the sand, I will do an aquascape similar to this minus the grass:

0.jpg

or

6295_60p_11242011_034c.jpg

I am tired of looking at flat sand tanks with piled up rocks.

Archived