Coral Vue Hydros

SϒNERGϒ·REEF

ReviloM

Oh wow, how did I even miss this thread!! And dude thanks man, I've never been an inspiration to anyone on here so you're the 1st ahah!! Thanks dude, appreciate it.

Whoa that is sick!! Dude, I'm glad you're switching out the tanks for a real rimless clean fit. :)

Yeah, use a black heater to hide over the black background. :)

lol no problem. Yeah I wanted to get the real deal. Also, the Inline heater will be outside the tank on the back glass panel connected to the return pump and the closed loop system. There will be zero equipment in the tank. I will finish the rendering soon to show a visual of what I am referring to.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see. So you're adding a sump? I thought this was a no filtration setup with just the mp10 ahah.

Good stuff though, you see nano setups ain't too bad imo. :)

You get to use that other money for high end corals ahah, drools.

And, how did you get that letter "ϒ " Lol. Pretty slick ahah.

I see. So you're adding a sump? I thought this was a no filtration setup with just the mp10 ahah.

Good stuff though, you see nano setups ain't too bad imo. :)

You get to use that other money for high end corals ahah, drools.

Nope. I have already seen my living quarters for where I am going, there is a table and everything will sit on there. The pump is external and so is the heater. No filtration. Just water changes. The rendering will make it clearer. Yeah nanos are ok but I still want a large tank for varieties of fish. I got a quote from PicO for $139.99 +sh for the tank so that isn't bad but the time to make is long. I am waiting reply from other companies. Yeah I plan to add at least 2 scolys in the future.

Character map program under Windows Accessories.

I see. Damn, I was actually thinking of switching out to a picO cube with black silicone and black background sometime next year....lol. Ya beat me to it ahah. I'm still debating, might just wait on it..I was thinking of the black background to hide the mp10 and lighting wires ahah.

How are you hanging the kessils? Oh and you're getting scolys? This can't get any better ahaha.

I see. Damn, I was actually thinking of switching out to a picO cube with black silicone and black background sometime next year....lol. Ya beat me to it ahah. I'm still debating, might just wait on it..I was thinking of the black background to hide the mp10 and lighting wires ahah.

How are you hanging the kessils? Oh and you're getting scolys? This can't get any better ahaha.

Someone referred me to picO. I've never bought a tank from him. I am using the gooseneck attachment. Of course, I am getting some scolymias. I will get 2 scolys but not at the same time. I want some either like these or the ones you have:

scolymia_l0152.jpgBleeding-Warpaint-Scolymia.jpg

Someone referred me to picO. I've never bought a tank from him. I am using the gooseneck attachment. Of course, I am getting some scolymias. I will get 2 scolys but not at the same time. I want some either like these or the ones you have:

scolymia_l0152.jpgBleeding-Warpaint-Scolymia.jpg

Dude, that is awesome. Well if it helps, I have bought a picO tank before, the craftsmanship was pretty darn good, but there was a problem....I bought the regular glass and it wasn't great at all for pictures...I'm using the same camera as I have did before on the picO, and compared to the ada glass, it's different. So you would have to go with low-iron glass. And the waiting period....that hurt me ahah. Sucks to wait! But picO is the only nano rimless with black silicone that I can think of...reef savvy is way too expensive with their shipping quotes...and elos...oh man lol.

And those scolys are great man, I like the 2nd more though because it's super duper round and the patterns are phenomenal. The 1st one would be better if it was round ahah.

Dude, that is awesome. Well if it helps, I have bought a picO tank before, the craftsmanship was pretty darn good, but there was a problem....I bought the regular glass and it wasn't great at all for pictures...I'm using the same camera as I have did before on the picO, and compared to the ada glass, it's different. So you would have to go with low-iron glass. And the waiting period....that hurt me ahah. Sucks to wait! But picO is the only nano rimless with black silicone that I can think of...reef savvy is way too expensive with their shipping quotes...and elos...oh man lol.

And those scolys are great man, I like the 2nd more though because it's super duper round and the patterns are phenomenal. The 1st one would be better if it was round ahah.

I will decide if I will go with picO or not once I get the quotes. If I do, I will have to get the tank shipped to me at my training site which may be hassle to setup the closed loop design at that point. I leave for Missouri on Jan 6. and he won't be done with the tank until a week after.

It will have the 3 sided Starphire/low iron glass. I made sure I added that in the specifications.

I am waiting on quotes from Reefsaavy, cadlights, even though I hated my last tank from them, SCA, and Acrylic Tank Manufacturing(ATM).

i just choose those scolymias based on the patterns and colors. Of course, they will have be perfectly round. I will have a circle cut out to make sure.

I see. Well, I can guarantee you that picO's quality and silicone alignment is much much better than SCA, cadlights... but compared to reef savvy they're very close, reef savvy might be slightly a little more aligned...but I would just go with the picO. Screw sca or cadlights lolol, sorry. Oh and are you sure you want to go acrylic?? They scratch easily.

Believe me, you won't be happy with the prices reef savvy are asking for.....I've done quotes with them from the past...most recent was just a few months ago... it's about $200 for the tank (cube 14 x 14) not including the shipping (another $150).

Oh you cracked me up on the "cutting out a circle" part haa.

I see. Well, I can guarantee you that picO's quality and silicone alignment is much much better than SCA, cadlights... but compared to reef savvy they're very close, reef savvy might be slightly a little more aligned...but I would just go with the picO. Screw sca or cadlights lolol, sorry. Oh and are you sure you want to go acrylic?? They scratch easily.

Believe me, you won't be happy with the prices reef savvy are asking for.....I've done quotes with them from the past...most recent was just a few months ago... it's about $200 for the tank (cube 14 x 14) not including the shipping (another $150).

Oh you cracked me up on the "cutting out a circle" part haa.

Well I don't doubt picO. I am just in the shopping around phase. I trust SCA because my 65G rimless was built by them and I loved it. Cadlights not so much. I just quoted ATM just to see how much they charge for tanks. For you cube, did it include an overflow box, drilled, and any other accessories such as the phantom bottom? TBH I am interested to see what Reefsaavy will quote.

Yeah will do a perfect circle cut out and use it. I am considering driving to MO instead of flying so I can stop at some LFS along the way. It will be a 7hr drive from my home to there.

Lol nope. Just the tank, no additions other than it being low iron glass...lol. Maybe I might have requested a white background?? Lolol not sure... I think it was clear silicone with white background ahah, while back when I had poppy pipes and not mp10...lol.

I see. Well, hope you just stick with the picO. I think Chris offers really good pricing based on his craftsmanship and tank quality.

Or you can get an ada, but you would have to paint the back yourself....pita lol.

Lol nope. Just the tank, no additions other than it being low iron glass...lol. Maybe I might have requested a white background?? Lolol not sure... I think it was clear silicone with white background ahah, while back when I had poppy pipes and not mp10...lol.

I see. Well, hope you just stick with the picO. I think Chris offers really good pricing based on his craftsmanship and tank quality.

Or you can get an ada, but you would have to paint the back yourself....pita lol.

Lol. I will wait their quote and see. I will see if i can get the tank expedited with picO. ADA is cool but I don't want to do any work to the tank besides setting up the closed-looped.

Lol. I will wait their quote and see. I will see if i can get the tank expedited with picO. ADA is cool but I don't want to do any work to the tank besides setting up the closed-looped.

I agree hence why I'm going with picO for my upgrade/switch out tank....I really am starting to like the cube style. Btw, that rainbow lobo you have looks real nice. Looks expensive too ahha. :)

Well just because you have me set on as a inspiration, I need to find a perfect scoly for your tank. ;)

I agree hence why I'm going with picO for my upgrade/switch out tank....I really am starting to like the cube style. Btw, that rainbow lobo you have looks real nice. Looks expensive too ahha. :)

If I had the space for cube I probably would have gotten one especially since I have the kessil. I got that for free from my buddy for helping him sell some of his hi-end fish online. It was originally part of a 4 head lobo colony. 1 piece was given to me, 1 piece was bought by my LFS, and the other 2 were sold to a guy on reef2reef for $250.

Dayumm!! Now that's what I'm talking about. :)

I'm trying to get it back to that coloration. I feed it everyday and I moved it to a lower par area now.

Yep its starting to come around.

The Chalice I won from Unique Corals during an event. It's the Raging Waters chalice. That coral I used to win that event is now turning blue.

Dayumm! You gots the good stuff ahah. That rainbow lobo...mmmm...drools ahah. I can't wait to see what you collect next! :D

I have a red discosoma mushroom that I am waiting to open up. It is an eye candy. I paid $10 for it at the LFS. Most of the zoas I bought came from the lfs for like $5-$20.

Even the red hornets? Lolol nice. Get some jawbreakers dude!!! That'll break everyone's jaws here haha.

Yep. $20 for the frag with 6 polyps on it. I got a quick picture of red mushroom partially open and another one I forgot I had.

11348904096_e60d90ee5a_c.jpg
11348823015_eaa771295d_c.jpg

Lol, I've seen those typicals before. Jawbreakers....mmmm....haha.

They may be typicals to you but they were nice to me. I will get a lot more corals after I get my custom tank. jawbreakers are "ok". I will get one eventually.

Archived