inTank Media Baskets

Drilled and sumped 8 gallon

Dnanoreefer

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks. I didn't think it was too early to run the skimmer. I have been feeding my midget damsel a tiny bit for a week, diatoms are on a good majority of the rock and my nitrates spiked pretty good. So I changed the water and set the skimmer up.

I will post updates on how the Reef Octopus BH50 works for me.

Thanks. I didn't think it was too early to run the skimmer. I have been feeding my midget damsel a tiny bit for a week, diatoms are on a good majority of the rock and my nitrates spiked pretty good. So I changed the water and set the skimmer up.

I will post updates on how the Reef Octopus BH50 works for me.

I was less concerned of how long you waited to set the skimmer up as opposed to when you were starting to add live stock. How long has the damsel been in there?

I added the damsel after 2 weeks of the tank running. It's doing great riding the waves in the tank. Been in the tank for more than a week. He was pretty bitten up from the store cuz it was the smallest fish in a tank of 30 damsels. The skimmer is running great now with very few microbubbles leaving it.

Days worth of running.. Too much water but I will dial it in so there is more sludge and less water.

0EEFB9A3-2384-4046-B662-116293F72502-192

The microbubbles have confined into the diffuser chamber.

808C0EC4-6E81-459E-8AFC-1C5B86AC1DD4-192

Equipment shot

F991AC3F-A5F2-45AB-BD4C-4372E9DA5A76-192

Full system. The little man loves the tank!!!

9157696F-96C9-44FD-8ABB-737359160AC0-192

Tank and fish.

CDCD3B71-D845-4E13-8CE9-7CD30C2E1C92-192

27E13413-66BC-4C75-A5BB-FC54631C5E6A-192

Thank u. Yeah I'm pretty excited to see it grow stuff also. The scape will be much more simple when coral starts getting put in.. Most is going into the sump.

I personally like the scape now it is now. Maybe take that piece of tonga branch rock out,on the right hand side to free up a little bit more space. What are your stocking plans ? If you've previously mentioned them,I overlooked it lol.

I want to give sps a try. So acros and tabling montis. But if the flow isn't enough for the sps without a powerhead I am going to find coral that will like it. Chalice is another coral that I'm interested in.

Just received an email from a really good Lfs saying that they are having a Black Friday sale.. Most coral is 30% off or more.. Uh ohhhh!

Snag some sexy Zoa's and Paly's or some Acan's maybe a chalice or two !!! I'd wait for a little before you grabbed any sps. Lps are always a good choice

The SCA 301 is not immune from bubbles.

Mine needs floss on the outflow to tame them.

Just wrap your outflow with say a small piece carbon floss(just tie strap it in place), and change it out regularly. Mine just slips into the first bubble trap and works well.

I was thinking only a few cool lps now, possibly some zoas. I will most definately post up pics of what I find. I am working tomorrow so I won't make it there until a little later, hopefully it's not completely picked through.. We will see..

The skimmer has actually tamed down very nice, It also came with foam for the outflow pipe. It just needed to run for a little wile and it settled down. It's running perfectly now producing good green water.

Nope not yet ? I'm working now, I plan on heading there this afternoon. I will post pictures of any additions. I hope the selection is good when I get there.

Last night my damsel went missing.. Completely. :/ tool all rocks out.. Gone! I think it may have gone carpet surfing and my dog found a salty treat.. Kinda sucks!

So besides the fish missing, the store I went to is called Best Fish. It's in Milwaukee, they have an incredible selection. Very healthy fish and coral. The sales they had going on we're very good. I picked up 3 frags for 6.00 each, two snails and a citrinis clown goby. The goby is a slowly exploring the tank more, he's definately not scared, swimming all over the tank. I will be fashioning a mesh top. I don't want any fish to jump out.

1FB18318-2D48-49FE-916A-3C163E8EF8F4-543

3D0232B5-9759-4AE8-B0F2-8AFCEAE53DA9-543

1A9F2F4D-5E5B-404E-8D22-788EDDBC299B-543

Well I really hope the clown goby doesn't jump out. The guy I was talking to recomended the clown goby because he said they are not likely to jump out. I mean any fish could jump out if they want but he swas confident the goby wouldn't. I have a couple ideas for a mesh top for the tank. We'll see what happens. The new fishes name is Gilbert. The kids liked that name also.

I am pretty excited to get a few sps corals along with a few other things I saw at the Lfs, they had some really cool chalice there.

I'm thinking the halide will work out well. I really like the light. The shimmer is awesome. Color is really nice too. Hopefully my buildmyled fixture will add some good colors and growth to the corals along with the Halide.

Thanks for looking!

My lighting will be coming together soon. I plan on moonlighting. Just hadn't gotten it ordered yet.

With my AI Nano, I leave the RB at 1% which seams to help.

I drove back down the the Lfs today with the family. Got 3 more frags, and some chaeto. The store is soo cool. Most small frags are 6.99-10.00. Larger colony's obviously more. Did a water change today as corals were getting acclimated. Added the chaeto in the sump. They also had a bulb for my fuge light. They had a led light that I really wanted but I spent the money on frags.

I picked up 2 sps frags and what I believe is a chalice. Here are some pics. The pictures are not that good. But it's something ?

Chalice

15874DBB-7074-4C89-9DFF-C1DF36FAE6AD-840

Sps and Gilbert the goby. (Daughter thought Gilbert was fitting for him/her)

11448DB2-2825-4C27-B584-DDC6E6FA6A3C-840

B6849BF3-837C-442D-96F8-6AB8CDCC54FB-840

Full tank shot

2E138704-6350-41B7-9725-E57CDD3D9D3D-840

Here is two tanks from the Lfs. Everything for sale in them. They have much much more but I didn't take pics of everything.

Mini maxis and flower nems

712CD756-CC41-4E21-A8F4-00573CACA336-840

Beautiful zero edge

6CE4CDAA-1D7A-4F29-8573-BC1DB4B479C3-840

Enjoy!

I'm pretty impressed with the skimmer.. It's been running for about 2 weeks now and it's dialed in pulling gunk out.. The microbubbles issue is completely gone. A few fall into the first bubble trap but they do not make it through the sump! Very happy with the progress of the tank.

Archived