Pod Your Reef

Goodbye cruel world! I'll miss my tank!

Coastie

that sucks about the nem! I cant ever keep em. I since stopped trying.

tell me how that wp10 goes. I have a Koralia 425 in my 20L and am thinking of going this route.

edit: oops just read the title, I thought this was a 20L. is the wp10 going to be the only flow?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the return pump is decently strong but at the moment I have the wp10 only in there. I may toss the mp10 back on there and see how I like 2 pumps in there. Right now I have the wp10 maxed out.

Hmmm, I run an MP10 and WP25 on high in my 40 and I think I need more flow. :)

Yellow tang and thin strip hermits eliminate 99% of my algae. Thin Stripes might be doing most of the work, but these guys get big.

Yeah I'm thinking I may get a wp25 and run it on low (50%) and may put the wp10 on the other side with the return. The polyp extension on the SPS was better with the mp10 at full.

Can anyone compare the power of an mp10 at full and a wp25 at full?

WP25 is a lot more powerful. Think the MP10 tops out at 6k LPH and the WP25 is around 8k LPH.

Hmmm, I run an MP10 and WP25 on high in my 40 and I think I need more flow. :)

If I turned my WP25 on anything other than low i'd have sand all over the place. LOL Maybe my sand is light? I still have a lot of flow on low.

WP25 is a lot more powerful. Think the MP10 tops out at 6k LPH and the WP25 is around 8k LPH.

If I turned my WP25 on anything other than low i'd have sand all over the place. LOL Maybe my sand is light? I still have a lot of flow on low.

I have a larger grain size, so that may be it. The WP 25 also loses power between cleanings, and my MP10 is full of bubble algae ... so I guess I know what I'm doing tonight.

It blew up sand in my 40B on the lowest setting on the "reef mode" and I have a fairly large size sand but rock work will effect the flow too. I could see it working great in a SPS tank.

I'm on wave mode, W1. On full mode it can send water over the rim, I remember that much. It must be slowing down and I'm just forgetting how long it's been since I cleaned it. :)

I do have a ton of rock in my tank. I will say its kinda hard to judge because the wp10 is so quiet so maybe its just a perception .

Wave mode works fine actually. But the wp20 on the random reef mode was blowing crap all over. So ya.. if you like waves, it will work great! In fact, better than a mp10 imo for waves... motor inside = silent.

So I was just looking and the wp25 is 8000 l/h and the wp10 is 4000 l/h so in theory a wp25 at 50% (I'm told that's as low as it goes) is as strong as a wp10... Is my logic screwy?

Meanwhile the mp10 maxes out at 6000 l/h+

Thinking I should look into a wp25

Wave mode works fine actually. But the wp20 on the random reef mode was blowing crap all over. So ya.. if you like waves, it will work great! In fact, better than a mp10 imo for waves... motor inside = silent.

I'm digging wave mode.

Only thing I hate about wp25 is it is fairly large pump and has that cord inside. For anyone where thats not important and they want to create some killer waves. Wp25 is worth the $.

I tried my mp10 on wave mode once and.. oh hell no! It will drive you crazy! You can hear that motor on the outside whirring up on down to make waves. On random-reef it is silent though.

I'm digging wave mode.

Only thing I hate about wp25 is it is fairly large pump and has that cord inside. For anyone where thats not important and they want to create some killer waves. Wp25 is worth the $.

I tried my mp10 on wave mode once and.. oh hell no! It will drive you crazy! You can hear that motor on the outside whirring up on down to make waves. On random-reef it is silent though.

Well since I have a gl@ssholes overflow box there is a convenient gap for the wp's and since they're directional it is more in the back of my tank than right in the middle.

All this love going around will u guys vote for my tank? its in a contest for marine depot. Just click on the link in my signature

The only post that won't get a like in my thread.

how's your kole doing? I really want to get one of these.

. Unfortunately he passed, not sure he was eating.

Archived