Coastie

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that supposed to be pictures?

If so, there are a bunch posted on the bottom of page 2

It is, I saw them but one can never have enough peesures

• 2 weeks later...

Updated pic! It doesn't show well but there is quite a large acro at the top of the tank in the back.

Also the tank now has a skimmer! It's quite an pieced together setup but it's working well, Odyssea skimmer with an air pump hooked up to the air inlet.

20131214_164110_zps6cxy4sir.jpg

Updated pic! It doesn't show well but there is quite a large acro at the top of the tank in the back.

Also the tank now has a skimmer! It's quite an pieced together setup but it's working well, Odyssea skimmer with an air pump hooked up to the air inlet.

20131214_164110_zps6cxy4sir.jpg

Love your scape! Your tank is filling in so nicely :)

So now that you've had the photon a while, how do you like it?

I have the value, debating on ordering a photon actually. But I have zero qualms with the value thats for sure. Polyp extension with the value is better than I had with my odyssea fixtures. I do maintain my tank a bit better now but still, its drastically better.

I have the value, debating on ordering a photon actually. But I have zero qualms with the value thats for sure. Polyp extension with the value is better than I had with my odyssea fixtures. I do maintain my tank a bit better now but still, its drastically better.

what intensity are you running it at? I'm trying to turn mine up but I already bleached a bunch of birds nests at 45%.. They've all recovered but it scares me Lol..
  • 4 weeks later...

New picture on first post. Uploaded from my phone so the formatting seems weird.

Oh and got me one of these things:

20140113_170605_zpsklxqzevi.jpg

Also a view of my tank two days ago after a nem esploded in my tank! (I think I did a good recovery job):

20140113_075055_zpstm4mygrn.jpg

Is that a WP-10? How's it working so far?

Also I just moved to Louisville, any LFS's you recommend? Already visited Sandy's and Aquatica.

Welcome! I love this city!

I know a guy that buys full systems and breaks down tanks. He usually has some pretty good stuff, PM me if youre interested. And Greentree in Clarksville is definitely worth checking out. Sandy's has 20% off everything on monday, and make sure you acclimate fish from aquatica well, he keeps his fish only tanks at a lower salinity. I havent really bought much from him despite working .5 miles away. There is also another shop opening up in south louisville, preston hwy area. Its actually a shop thats changing locations, looked promising before the move.

Anyhow regarding the nem, I bought it from aquatica (prob shouldn't have due to it hiding in his tank and upon further inspection was bleaching already). Once I added it to my tank it hid under a rock and bleached bad. I was only able to feed it successfully once despite numerous attempts and eventually it died. I woke up the next morning to anemone soup. There were chunks everywhere. Pulled all the larger pieces and the gross chopped up tentacles, then did a 10 gal water change. Have done 2 5 gallon changes since and will be making another tomorrow. Only thing I lost was my candy hogfish... Sadly.

Oh and yes a wp10, its no replacement for a mp10 in a 40 but its still pretty cool. Everyone says the wp25 is too strong, I was thinking about getting one of them and trimming the blades if it is too strong. Not sure what to do though.

Archived