Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Brad's 18" Rimless Reef & ADA 45p Planted| New Pics Page 36

brad908

Sweet, I priced a reef savy 58 and it was a little too steep at $700 plus shipping. I want a custom 40bish size that is going to be better quality than my current setup.

Yeah that is another thing, I don't want to spend anything crazy for a tank that will most likely be set up for only a year.

ADA 60p - $130 - no shipping

ADA 75p - $330 - no shipping

I am hoping Reef Raft can do the custom tank for like $550 or less, and no shipping would be involved.

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New build? Sa-weet!

Yea, most likely. New couch will force me to put the tank on the left side of the wood wall.

Yea, most likely. New couch will force me to put the tank on the left side of the wood wall.

No shots with the wood wall in the background? Boo! At least you get to have a new tank though!

No shots with the wood wall in the background? Boo! At least you get to have a new tank though!

It will still be on the wood wall. Just on the left instead of right corner

Why not run a Landen 60P (FT-007)? They're ~24x16x16 (a nice deep footprint like the 75P) and only $230 shipped on amazon?

Never even heard of that brand. Sounds pretty much perfect tho

edit.

I'm going with this tank, thank you so much for pointing this out.

Never even heard of that brand. Sounds pretty much perfect tho

edit.

I'm going with this tank, thank you so much for pointing this out.

Haha. From the dimensions of the two other tanks you posted (especially that custom tank), I had a suspicion that you would prefer a deeper tank.

Haha. From the dimensions of the two other tanks you posted (especially that custom tank), I had a suspicion that you would prefer a deeper tank.

Yeah, this is perfect. I was holding back on the 60P with it only being 12" wide, and the 75p was a little longer and taller than I wanted.

Do I do the MAME or life reef overflow?

ANyone know how much clearance a MAME needs between the wall and tank?

Do I do the MAME or life reef overflow?

ANyone know how much clearance a MAME needs between the wall and tank?

The one I saw only needs like 3 inches. I think I had seen the medium model if I'm not mistaken.

Get the Mame! I don't regret it.

I'm not looking at it but I'd estimate 2-3" max of clearance

The one I saw only needs like 3 inches. I think I had seen the medium model if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks guys. Going to order the tank, mame, and return pump this weekend.

I went to World Market to check out that stand. The middle divider doesn't make the section big enough for the sump. I was looking at the directions and I could leave the middle part out, and support the stand elsewhere. Made of acacia, rubber wood, mdf and veneer. I could just use some L brackets and some 2x4's to add extra support, right?

Also working with the wood shop at work for a quote on a stand.

Great. Which tank did you go with?

Going with the Landen 24x16x16 low iron. From the little bit of research I've done, seems like these tanks come from the same factory as ADA's. I wish ADA would just make this dimension

Going with the Landen 24x16x16 low iron. From the little bit of research I've done, seems like these tanks come from the same factory as ADA's. I wish ADA would just make this dimension

I know what you mean. I've been looking for deep rimless tanks for a while now, and actually just stumbled on those yesterday.

Love at first sight.

After looking at the tank...I like it a lot!! I also had never heard of these tanks. This is going to look money with a quad over it. I'm about to get one myself :)

The 36x17x17 is tempting

After looking at the tank...I like it a lot!! I also had never heard of these tanks. This is going to look money with a quad over it. I'm about to get one myself :)

The 36x17x17 is tempting

I would go with the ADA 36x18x18. same price and just trust the ADA name a little more, even if they are made by the same people.

Nevermind...shipping.

• 5 months later...

Hey, whatare the specs for those lily pipes ?

DoAqua!

I can't remember the sizes though. I think the smallest they make them

ok, thanks alot !

Pretty sure 13mm. I can tell you the hose dimensions when I get home.

How can I beat the cyano in this tank? What is a safe amount of time to turn the lights off for, but won't negatively impact the mangroves? I should probably buy a clean up crew too lol

How can I beat the cyano in this tank? What is a safe amount of time to turn the lights off for, but won't negatively impact the mangroves? I should probably buy a clean up crew too lol

Hey brad just use some chemiclean. Ive tried it and it works great. I had the most sensitive animals (clams,starfish,shrimp etc) at the time and they werent bothered at all by the treatment. Takes about 2-3 days to fully rid the tank of cyano

Hey brad just use some chemiclean. Ive tried it and it works great. I had the most sensitive animals (clams,starfish,shrimp etc) at the time and they werent bothered at all by the treatment. Takes about 2-3 days to fully rid the tank of cyano

Awesome, thanks. Just ordered some.

Archived