ReefCleaners.org

Trav's Mr. Aqua 7.5g (Now Making Waves!)

Travis

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks!

Not sure how the rw4 is going to do in the tank. I'm going to start it on the lowest setting and ramp it up just to the point that it would knock water over the edges lol.

Tanks looks good man! Nice coral selections too. Your sps looks brown? not enough light?

Lol

The birds nest is brown/purple with green polyps. And the digi is actually orange.

0073b578198c92ad222dc9febd67cf67.jpg

Both have been in the tank for about 1.5 weeks and the digi is already encrusting.

I do however plan on getting an AI prime for this tank if they ever release them lol. Full spectrum has got to be better I suppose.

Lol

The birds nest is brown/purple with green polyps. And the digi is actually orange.

0073b578198c92ad222dc9febd67cf67.jpg

Both have been in the tank for about 1.5 weeks and the digi is already encrusting.

I do however plan on getting an AI prime for this tank if they ever release them lol. Full spectrum has got to be better I suppose.

I see, they do look like they are starting to lose color or that the photo can't show it too well.

So I got the Jebao installed. Love how controllable it actually is. First off, it's way to powerful to run non-stop. Setting w1 on the lowest settings possible is just a bit too powerful, which is why I'm glad that I figured out mode "C". I can control the duration of the wave to be shorter than the duration of the lowest settings of w1.

ab7573c25bf08b664536105550dab0cc.jpg

I like it on setting "c". Any other setting is way overpowered for the 7 lol. It's definitely worth buy, especially if you plan to upgrade some day.

Alright,that's what another member said too. Any time soon,no,not for awhile. I just want some waves lol did you have to bring your water level down so it doesn't splash any water out during pulsing ?

Gotcha,that's good to know. I just want enough flow for my SPS without having to have 2 powerheads in my tank,and what a better option to have the ability to makes waves lol.

I'm waiting to see how you/corals like it after a week or two.

Have you tried the W2 setting also? I feel like it would make the pump last longer... Anytime a device turns off and on all the time it would no doubt ruin its lifespan.... I like my RW4 too... nice setup man!

Yeh, w2 blows the sand on the other side of the tank. I know in theory it shouldn't start and stop but it was designed to do just that. Defiantly like it. I can see a pair of these on a larger system in my future.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the tank has been moved. To the living room.

ca92a5385783509a75acc450ec3806f5.jpg

I didn't even have to drain it lol. I slide the whole thing by myself over from the bedroom to the living room without even scratching the floor.

The wife wanted a new bedroom set and wanted the tanks space for a short dresser/mirror.

Gotta love nanos!

Haha slid the whole thing across the floor....seriously gotta love nanos! Sharp lookin' tank I'm seriously looking into getting one of those rw4's now.

Archived