inTank Media Baskets

Trav's Mr. Aqua 7.5g (Now Making Waves!)

Travis

reha9yqe.jpg

Bubbling up nicely!

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Illuiix" data-cid="4573844" data-time="1387074480"><p>

That bta is fresh. ;)</p></blockquote>

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you receive your coral that you ordered?

Sure did. When everything fully acclimates I will borrow my brothers Nikon to get some pics.

nice setup i really like your stand great job. looking at your tank makes me wanna sump my 7.5 mr aqua too! well keep up the good work.

Thanks! I've had tanks without sumps before, but using a sump is the way to go for sure.

are you using the rapid led over your main display?

Yes I am. I've never used it before so we'll see how it goes with growth and coloration.

Nice looking tank and great looking BTA!

Thanks! The BTA is by far my favorite piece in the tank. Just wish the clown would host it. The clown is tank breed so it may take awhile.

Good news and bad news.

Bad news:

Not all of the zoas have opened up all the way so im going to wait until all has acclimated to take pics.

Good news:

Gussy, our clownfish, has started ti host the rbta :D

EE4AA6F2-EAFB-4944-AC51-F6736E92AE0A.jpg

Well that didn't last long lol. Gramma jumped last night, found him dried up on the floor.

Any suggestions on a non jumping fish to go with my clown?

:(

that's weird Grammas aren't known to be jumpers.

I watched mine jump out one time! He hasn't done it again, lol.

Sorry about the loss, Travis! A goby would go well in the tank, imo

Thanks. I'm not going to add another fish just yet. May spend my money elsewhere for the tank like for more coral, and equipment to get the refugium going in the sump.

Speaking of spending money, I used some Christmas money to order a replacement skimmer. The tunze just won't skim consistently.

Ordered the Eshopp's nano skimmer from Marine Depot. It's dimensions should be a perfect fit for the skimmer compartment of my sump.

Your tank looks great, hope don't have any plans on changing the aquascape.

Thanks. No plans to change the scape at all, just fill it up with coral :)

• 3 weeks later...

mysaby9e.jpg

The eShops nano skimmer has been performing flawlessly. Very consistent. The only complaint I could have is the magnet is weak. It holds it in place just fine, but when I have to remove the cup it looses it's position in the water level. Nothing I can't handle though.

• 2 months later...
I have the same 7.5 Gallon Mr. Aqua. I definitely want to tag along the rest of the way! :D

Awesome!

I actually am in the process of upgrading my light. I purchased an aqua illumination nano with controller. Pics tomorrow.

Man,that light is so clean !! Compliments the tank so well. Nice pick up. How are you liking it so far ?

If I'm not mistaken you had a kessil before right ?

Man,that light is so clean !! Compliments the tank so well. Nice pick up. How are you liking it so far ?

If I'm not mistaken you had a kessil before right ?

Thanks!

No I had a par38 bulb from rapid led.

I'm really liking the light, and the controller is a must have. Well worth the extra $$. The ability to do dawn to dusk and lunar light with one power coats is simply amazing. When I started reneging, power compacts were about as good as it got do this is a huge difference lol.

AI Nano Installed!
IMG_1137.jpg
IMG_1133.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg

The tank looks so much bigger in the picture than in person! It does look amazing though! I hope mine turns out as awesome as yours. :P

Also, what kind of power head are you using? I need one for my tank, but I don't want everything blowing all over the place because I'm already running two Aquaclear 20's.

Archived