IMG_3450_2.jpg

FTS 12/11/2015:

IMG_3452.jpg

And a video of the update:

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefernanoman

I love the look of that plating monti with the GSP on the bottom of the tank :wub: Everything looks great!

Thanks!

Nice looking tank :)

Thanks, and thanks for stopping by.

reefernanoman

Amazing growt!....very nice,what monti is this green with blue polyps?..i need it :)

I actually got two of those. One is called a Tyree flower petal, and the other one I know is a monti too but I'm not sure of the name. The one that I don't know the name of is a green monti cap with blue polyps too, and on top of that, it has a purple rim! It was already developing a purple rim before I had to move it because of my RBTA, but I know it has one since I have seen the mother colony of the local reefer that sold it to me. Thanks.

I caught my peppermint shrimp eating my yellow polyps this morning, last time it was a frog spawn head, so I captured him and he is being evicted! So what do I do with him now? I can't give him away because of his behavior. He was well fed too. Never again.

Right on, mine was eating my jack o' lantern and an acan. $8.00 shrimp and $55 worth of coral. Had to tear most of the tank down to catch him. I fed him to the sewer system as he was well fed too.

Did you have the LED hood and then removed it? If so, what was the problem(s) you experienced with it?

reefernanoman

Right on, mine was eating my jack o' lantern and an acan. $8.00 shrimp and $55 worth of coral. Had to tear most of the tank down to catch him. I fed him to the sewer system as he was well fed too.

Did you have the LED hood and then removed it? If so, what was the problem(s) you experienced with it?

I actually had an LED retro kit installed on the stock hood(it was a quad PC). It worked Really well, but I wanted the rimless look and went with Kessil. I went with Kessil because I had seen this LED in action and was very impressed by the shimmer and colors. I absolutely love my A160we. About the shrimp, somebody gladly took it for their tank for free.

December 2015 pictures and video update. Thanks for watching!:

Pictures:

My Jedi mind trick showing some great growth!:

IMG_3439.jpg

Side view:

IMG_3441.jpg

Front side view (top right):

IMG_3444_1.jpg

Front side view (lower right):

IMG_3445_1.jpg

Front side view (left side):

IMG_3450_2.jpg

FTS 12/11/2015:

IMG_3452.jpg

And a video of the update:

I'm really digging your tank, and these update vids are pretty spectacular. Thanks for doing them. I really like what you are doing with gsp floor and look forward to watching it fill in. :D

reefernanoman

I'm really digging your tank, and these update vids are pretty spectacular. Thanks for doing them. I really like what you are doing with gsp floor and look forward to watching it fill in. :D

Thanks for stopping by. Yeah, I like making the videos because I add some of my experience in there, and hopefully, it can help reefers.

• 4 weeks later...
reefernanoman

January 2016 video and photo update! Picked up some nice frags from a local reefer that I have bought from before: A spongedode, neon green screaming birds nest, green birds nest (the thin branching kind), orange digitata and a very nice intense green digitata.

Pictures:

Neon green screaming birds nest (one of the new frags):

IMG_3509.jpg

Intense green digitata:

IMG_3510.jpg

Some of my other corals:

Seasons greetings made a full recovery after turning white in my other tank:

IMG_3503.jpg

Green monti with blue polyps and purple rim( I also got this frag from my local reefer buddy a couple of months ago. The rim was already turning purple but has disappeared after I moved the frag):

IMG_3504.jpg

Rainbow acan looking good:

IMG_3506.jpg

Views of the tank:

Side view #1:

IMG_3501.jpg

Side view #2:

IMG_3502.jpg

Right side view from the front (top half):

IMG_3511.jpg

Right side view from the front (lower half):

IMG_3512.jpg

Left side view from the front (top half):

IMG_3513.jpg

Left side view from the front (lower half):

IMG_3514.jpg

FTS 01/08/2016:

IMG_3518.jpg

And my January 2016 video update:

reefernanoman

Looks great! I like the new frags, especially the digi! That seasons greeting has made a great recovery :)

Thanks teeny. Yeah the seasons greetings had lost all its colors before coming back like it did.

Very good tank!..love that montis:)

Thanks. Montis are my favorite because they are hardy, beautiful and some of them grow fast.

Amazing video

Thanks bud. Yeah, I'm getting the hang of editing. But my wife doesn't appreciate the time that I spend doing it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here it is, my NC 28G derimmed, with Kessil A160we controlled through Apex. I love it! :

IMG_2126.jpgIMG_2128.jpgIMG_2135.jpg

This does look awesome rimless - I may have to attempt this - any suggestions?

reefernanoman

This does look awesome rimless - I may have to attempt this - any suggestions?

Thanks! Yeah: 1) heat the rim with a hair dryer and use something sharp like a putty knife ( I used a kitchen knife) to dislodge the silicone from the glass. 2) cut off a a small square part with a dremmel (carefully and slowly) from the rear section of the rim then start lifting straight up while still giving some heat to the rim. I didn't use the hair dryer method and used pure muscle because I didn't read enough, but I was lucky that I didn't crack my tank (not to mention that it was freaking hard to do!).

I'm sure you've heard it a lot, nice tank! Love that monti, did it naturally grow like that or did you have to intervene? :D

Thanks! Well, I practice good husbandry with weekly water changes. That kind of growth has taken about a year. Recently (after about 2-5 months), after changing to a Kessil A160we, adding T5's and dosing Kent Marine Nanoreef Part A&B, I have seen a little faster growth out of all of my corals, and have noticed a growth rim on my montis ( I have never noticed a growth rim before dosing).

• 4 weeks later...
reefernanoman

Mid February FTS and Video update: Having some issues after going from RSCP to IO. I think that I might have done it too quickly.

FTS 02/17/2016:

IMG_3657.jpg

February 2016 video update:

Very pretty tank reefernanoman! I love how you explain what is going on in your tank in the video. I guess the change of salt cause some problems like with the birds nest but your tank really looks healthy overall.

Archived