ReefCleaners.org

Bubbly Bubble Tip Picture Thread

Paandemonium

yes! It is about 6-7"

wow, and how long did it take to become that huge? Ha, just thinking about that fact that I have many right now. I know they get up to 6-7 in the wild but I've just never seen any one with one that big.... yet.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, and how long did it take to become that huge? Ha, just thinking about that fact that I have many right now. I know they get up to 6-7 in the wild but I've just never seen any one with one that big.... yet.

I got it when it was about 4 inches and I have had it for a little over a year. The strange thing is how much it loves light. Its getting 400par for 2 hours a day

I got it when it was about 4 inches and I have had it for a little over a year. The strange thing is how much it loves light. Its getting 400par for 2 hours a day

What colors is it? I have a hard time seeing it in that pic. Reminds me of one of those huge Sunflowers w/ a head the size of a plate.

What colors is it? I have a hard time seeing it in that pic. Reminds me of one of those huge Sunflowers w/ a head the size of a plate.

it was baby puke green when I bought it, now it's a bright neon green

it was baby puke green when I bought it, now it's a bright neon green

Wow! Impressive rock flower!!!! Do you have a tank thread where we can see more of it???? :)
  • 2 weeks later...

Beautiful! Does it have really small bubbles?

It's puffing up a bit more now that it's settled in more, I don't know if the bubbles are small but they seem the right size for the body. It's my first BTA, so I'm not really sure what's normal. :lol:

Mr. Microscope

It's puffing up a bit more now that it's settled in more, I don't know if the bubbles are small but they seem the right size for the body. It's my first BTA, so I'm not really sure what's normal. :lol:

I saw a guy with a tank full of BTA's and he had a speckled green one like that. All the red/rainbow nems had what I would call regular sized bubbles, but his speckled green (which was similar size to the reds) had bubbles that were at least half as small as the reds and he said they are always like that. I'll be getting a similar nem soon. I'm excited to see if there's a difference.

I saw a guy with a tank full of BTA's and he had a speckled green one like that. All the red/rainbow nems had what I would call regular sized bubbles, but his speckled green (which was similar size to the reds) had bubbles that were at least half as small as the reds and he said they are always like that. I'll be getting a similar nem soon. I'm excited to see if there's a difference.

Interesting - keep me updated. :)

Was at the LFS today and had to bring my first one home. Thought it was cute.

bubbletip_001.jpg

I love these type of BTA's, anything with speckles and not red lol They are not too common though.

Paandemonium

There was once a time when no one wanted green BTAs..... Tbh I like the green speckled ones a million times more than regular "rainbows"

All we really get here are Green and Rose BTAs. Rose BTAs are pretty damn expensive as well. And I agree, speckles make a big difference.

JoeDigiorgio

I just got a dark green speckled one myself and I gotta say, I love it. My original red one is nice. She's big, good tentacles, hosts all the clowns, but red is getting boring. All anyone talks about are the RBTAs. My neon green one and my forest green with specks are both at the top of my list out of 7 current anemones. Next on my list to purchase is the dark green variant from Bali with the reddish purple foot.

Mr. Microscope

I just got a dark green speckled one myself and I gotta say, I love it. My original red one is nice. She's big, good tentacles, hosts all the clowns, but red is getting boring. All anyone talks about are the RBTAs. My neon green one and my forest green with specks are both at the top of my list out of 7 current anemones.

Forest green? Neat!

Next on my list to purchase is the dark green variant from Bali with the reddish purple foot.

Sounds like a Ritteri.
JoeDigiorgio

Lol I actually did once buy a small green bubble tip with white tips thinking it might have been a tiny ritteri but its not lol

• 3 months later...
Mr. Microscope

Nice, looks like those RBTA's are dominating that rock.

Thanks! There's only one true RBTA in there unless the R stands for rainbow. ;)
Paandemonium

Thanks! There's only one true RBTA in there unless the R stands for rainbow. ;)

Look at you hoarding nems :P

Paandemonium

I know you wanna be my main chic, my mane chic!

IMG_20140615_204415_zpselrmqef1.jpg

oh SH*T look at bae!

Don't hate the player, hate the game. ;)

haha lucky guy! I got my paws on some nems nice and cheap once I get them in I'll get pictures

Archived