Top Shelf Aquatics

Bubbly Bubble Tip Picture Thread

Paandemonium

The nem moved from the back of the tank in a hard to see position to like 2" from the glass near the sandbed. There is a porcelain crab that got evicted during the nems move so I have to reunite them because the crab refuses to leave a cave lol

iVezYpFoWlNQd.jpg

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 2 weeks post upgrade, the nems are settled and eating:

56DAA3D3-F762-4301-B0EC-8C9D7214D877-234

What I think is cool is that no 2 out of the 5 have the same tentacle formation. They range from long stringy ones to short tight bubbles.

• 4 weeks later...
Mr. Microscope

Not so bubbly in that photo. What kind of Anemone do I have?

It's a BTA. Do you mean to ask what trade name of BTA? It's hard to tell from that image with the lighting and exposure, but kinda looks like an Inferno. How much did you pay for it?
It's a BTA. Do you mean to ask what trade name of BTA? It's hard to tell from that image with the lighting and exposure, but kinda looks like an Inferno. How much did you pay for it?

I got it for 45$. It is pretty bright from pink to orange and has a green shimmer to it.

Mr. Microscope

I got it for 45$. It is pretty bright from pink to orange and has a green shimmer to it.

Probably not an Inferno then. They're really pricey. It's a very nice nem though to be mistaken for one. It looks like there's yellow near the tips. Is that correct or is that just the pic? Nice rainbow nem.

Probably not an Inferno then. They're really pricey. It's a very nice nem though to be mistaken for one. It looks like there's yellow near the tips. Is that correct or is that just the pic? Nice rainbow nem.

Infernos have lineage but that doesn't stop them from coming from the ocean, this could well be an inferno relative. Inferno is a name just like Colorado sun drop given to a nem that's been propagated but much like zoas you can find the same exact thing if you're lucky from a wholesaler for really cheap because at the end of the day that's where they got it from

Mr. Microscope

Infernos have lineage but that doesn't stop them from coming from the ocean, this could well be an inferno relative. Inferno is a name just like Colorado sun drop given to a nem that's been propagated but much like zoas you can find the same exact thing if you're lucky from a wholesaler for really cheap because at the end of the day that's where they got it from

Clay, any thoughts about speckling (my question above)?

Clay, any thoughts about speckling (my question above)?

Most rainbows have them it's just a matter of water quality. My supernova had a ton of speckles I let my water go to shit and they've faded quite a bit. Remember that nems love morphing colors based on water, light and feedings. They're just really cool creatures to have :)

finally....someone who gets it.... B)

can I get an Amen?!!!

Mr. Microscope

I'm sure it has been asked and answered but what makes them stay bubbly and what elongates their tentacles?

No one seems to know for sure. I think even the research field is baffled. Observations seem to vary from diet, to flow, to lighting, to type specific (red vs. green etc.).

My observations have indicated that flow (specifically long pulse) has made mine bubble up.

Mr. Microscope

Here's a neat shot I got the other morning. Had to use the flash here. Usually, my BTA is out a bit more at this time, but I think it had a case of the Monday's. LOL

sleepingBTA20140213_zps30be20b9.jpg

Here's a neat shot I got the other morning. Had to use the flash here. Usually, my BTA is out a bit more at this time, but I think it had a case of the Monday's. LOL

sleepingBTA20140213_zps30be20b9.jpg

Mine usually looks like that during lights out. Either this or stringy. When the lights come on it tends to bubble up.

Archived