Cultivated Reef

About to unleash the beast! ATI T5/Lux M combo!

Chris L

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while i was in and mucking around with all the wiring i decided to rewire which bulbs are linked to the ballasts. The two inside light with one and the two outside with the other.

The leds are run off of meanwell LLD 1000's and controlled by StormX.

33xigiw.jpg

More pics of it hung tomorrow!

Possibly the Patrick Willis of light fixtures :eek::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Well, this or the Evil Clusters lol

LOL well the Evil cluster type fixtures are all LEDS so they have me on that :)

Not gonna lie i was scarred but it was easy!

Awesome. One of these days I'll have the guts/patience/energy to modify my 8 bulb 24 with dual Lumia 5.1s.

If you offset it from the center, I think you could have kept an extra bulb?

jedimasterben

Awesome. One of these days I'll have the guts/patience/energy to modify my 8 bulb 24 with dual Lumia 5.1s.

If you offset it from the center, I think you could have kept an extra bulb?

The Lumia is an awfully expensive chip to be doing that with, especially considering the output power they have (though, I guess it is about on par with the two clusters of Luxeon M's above, in which case it's far cheaper for the Luxeons, consider lumens per watt, lumens per dollar, and that the Lumia consists of five high-voltage channels that have far more cost to power).

Yeah it is a bit more but I think it would be almost like having 2 Kessil like lights in a 7 bulb T5 fixture. The tightly packed LEDs from one source along with the surround sound light of T5 would look pretty cool.

Have it all be controlled from a Neptune Apex + VDM and it's a pretty awesome solution.

jedimasterben

Yeah it is a bit more but I think it would be almost like having 2 Kessil like lights in a 7 bulb T5 fixture. The tightly packed LEDs from one source along with the surround sound light of T5 would look pretty cool.

Have it all be controlled from a Neptune Apex + VDM and it's a pretty awesome solution.

The Kessil is a far cry from these chips. I would not run more than four T5 with them unless your tank is very tall (as in 24"+).

All i can say is wow people! I'm glad i did this! The color is freakin awesome. Par levels are through the roof. Right now i have the fixture about 9" about the rim of the tank and i'm getting about 390 par where my milli is. I have my lux M's running at 1400 white and 2695 Blue (out of 4095 res). No reflectors. Perfect shimmer. Like halide and VHO or T5's. If i turn the Lux's off i have 275 par. Love this thing!

I was gonna say, then the whole thing could be dimmable. Not sure if you can convert the PWM from the Storm to the 0-10v analog that the HEP ballasts use.

I was gonna say, then the whole thing could be dimmable. Not sure if you can convert the PWM from the Storm to the 0-10v analog that the HEP ballasts use.

Im not worried about dimmimg the t5 at all.

Archived