Innovative Marine Aquariums

About to unleash the beast! ATI T5/Lux M combo!

Chris L

Sorry to hijack a bit here OP...thanks for the suggestion, what about the ATI Purple Plus? Seems to have the same low end blue/purple wavelength with a bit more red/orange peak, less green than the Coral Plus though, maybe one of each?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jedimasterben

I actually thought about using two of those instead of Coral Plus, but I think that by themselves they are too purple.

Here is a pic that Rehype took a while back (one is the KZ Fiji purple, but same difference as far as looks go):

DSC_0336.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I actually thought about using two of those instead of Coral Plus, but I think that by themselves they are too purple.

Here is a pic that Rehype took a while back (one is the KZ Fiji purple, but same difference as far as looks go):

Got a pair of Coral Plus bulbs and LET Miro-4 reflectors coming in today :D cant wait to see how it looks!

OP how's the light doing for you? What intensity/cycle are you running the light at?

Got a pair of Coral Plus bulbs and LET Miro-4 reflectors coming in today :D cant wait to see how it looks!

OP how's the light doing for you? What intensity/cycle are you running the light at?

Wow guess i should check this thread more often!

Well i've since switched back to 3 x Blue + and 1 Purple Plus. I think i'm good with this. Since i have the neutral White Lux M's in the mix i can either turn them up or down depending on my mood :).

Here is my schedule:

1pm-2pm = Ramp up from 0 to 100% the Royal Blue M's, Ramp up from 0 to about 25% Neutral White M's

2pm-10pm = All four T'5s on

10-11pm = Ramp down from 100% to 0 the royal Blue M's, Ramp down from 25% to 0 the neutral White M's

I'm also running the fixture about 6" above the rim of the tank. Light on the sand bed is about 300 PAR. Mid tank where the bulk of my corals are is about 350 and the tippy top of where one of my millipora is is about 425.

Working really well so far seeing decent growth and color from most everything.

The main thing i'm really trying to button up right now is my 2 part dosing and get it stable.

Wow guess i should check this thread more often!

Well i've since switched back to 3 x Blue + and 1 Purple Plus. I think i'm good with this. Since i have the neutral White Lux M's in the mix i can either turn them up or down depending on my mood :).

Here is my schedule:

1pm-2pm = Ramp up from 0 to 100% the Royal Blue M's, Ramp up from 0 to about 25% Neutral White M's

2pm-10pm = All four T'5s on

10-11pm = Ramp down from 100% to 0 the royal Blue M's, Ramp down from 25% to 0 the neutral White M's

I'm also running the fixture about 6" above the rim of the tank. Light on the sand bed is about 300 PAR. Mid tank where the bulk of my corals are is about 350 and the tippy top of where one of my millipora is is about 425.

Working really well so far seeing decent growth and color from most everything.

The main thing i'm really trying to button up right now is my 2 part dosing and get it stable.

Sweet thanks for the info, that'll help me with setting up my lights when i get my T5s in later tonight. I'm running my LEDs only right now for about 8 hours as well with an hour ramp up/down I was worried that might be too much but sounds like you're getting good results. I'm only running my RB/HV channels at about 500mA, I should really bump them up but nothing seems to be reaching for light. Update your tank thread when you get a chance, I'm curious to see how your colors and everything are.

Archived