Coral Vue Hydros

Sean's Not So Nano 90g Build - 11/1 FTS photo dump with new fish

HiImSean

I have seen some really skinny ATO reserviors before that would probably fit in the space you have. Walmart or other major stores often have tall rubbermaid containers like 3' tall to house wrapping paper rolls (like for presents.) They may not be common at this time of the year, but if you can find them, it may work for you.

If not, the sump that you've mentioned is a really slick setup, so that will simplify everything under the stand for you in the long run

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found a Reef Octopus SRO 2000 INT and gonna order the rest of the stuff very soon. Going with a Trigger System Ruby30 sump now. It'll fit the SRO2000 so it's good to go :D

Yeah, but a little slower than I'd like ;) I got the skimmer off ReefCentral. I PayPal-ed the money last Sunday then lost all communication with the seller. HI was getting pissed and about to file with PP when he PMed me Thursday saying he was sent out of town for work Monday and just shipped the skimmer Thursday. At least I didn't get screwed on the deal.

In other good news, this is also on it's way :scarry:

RUBY30S.jpg

I need to place a BRS order which will prolly come in the middle of the month and I need to get to Home Depot. I'm gonna change out the bulkheads that came with the Marineland kit so plumbing will wait till I do the BRS order.

You will prob only use one WP25 and the MP10 in the tank.. I have a 60" 100 gallon tank and the WP25 I have in there is to much.. You have two WP25's and a M10, that's a lot of flow.. I also have a WP40 on a regulator knocked down to 12V and is at 50% power.. My 25 is at the lowest power setting and need to buy a regulator for it also.. Don't know if you have used the Jebao pumps but those things are powerful.. Good luck with the build, looks good..

Thanks, I haven't plugged them in yet but I guess we'll see :D How do you have your power-heads laid out? I was thinking the WPs across from each other and the MP10 on the back glass or lower on the glass to point behind the rock.

Thanks, I haven't plugged them in yet but I guess we'll see :D How do you have your power-heads laid out? I was thinking the WPs across from each other and the MP10 on the back glass or lower on the glass to point behind the rock.

I have the 40 on the left towards the back and my 25 up front on the right.. They blend in nicely with my black background..

They are about 5 inches from the top of the glass.. They are so powerful that being that high it was stirring up my sand bed.. I have a spot on my sand bed that is bare glass.. Great under tow effect.. I have them on else mode.. (Reef mode)

Cool. I'm gonna try with the two and mp10 to see how things turn out. I'd like to try more SPS with this tank so the high flow may be a good thing.

Yay toys arrived!

27013CB4-2B36-45A9-8D5F-389691669553-190
65E9B48E-3C2B-4B94-A5A5-C26F54E790A5-190

Aquarium Specialty is receiving their shipment of Trigger sumps next week, so just a little more waiting on that

It should pull some crud out ;) I'm thinking a lot of wrasses

Nice, what kinds? You should look into getting a blue star leopard wrasse if you can find one local that is eating... striking fish that one.!! I have a yellow coris wrasse in my 40 breeder

Just picked up some sticks to be added to the tank, hopefully to be centerpiece corals. A nice frag of strawberry shortcake and a sunset milli

#5 in the back

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

I have yet to test them out. I have an empty 55g I've been meaning to fill and throw them in to test them. I've got a really busy week at work but if I get home at a decent time I will try to this week.

Other good news is my sump is shipping today. I should have it tomorrow or Wednesday.

After a long day of work I had something waiting for me...

0796E10F-394A-4DD3-8523-A49C976F0C34-636
C8A95F60-1D4E-4151-9B99-5371E5BB3B48-636
ECFDFC82-F979-42CC-B9E1-CEADEB55CC93-636
7C2D62C7-AD85-406C-8FBF-F8DA38D2B917-636
C4EC97B7-A860-4225-88E8-3D894ACEB84C-636

The skimmer fits perfectly. I do have to take the pump off and assemble it inside the sump. I also took one filter sock out since I only have one drain. I've never had a tank with a sump so this should be interesting ;) The quality on the sump is great, much better than that flimsy feeling Aqueon one. It has three probe holders inside the skimmer section. I'm debating if I should toss some rock in the middle section or not.

Nice! Are you planning on having chaeto in the middle section? I wouldn't keep rock in there unless you're talking about rubble for mounting frags or something.

These are some fish besides the Picasso I'm thinking about, I'm pretty sure I'll go with the first two but have to think about the wrasses. I'm also open to suggestions...
Longnose Hawkfish (Oxycirrhites typus)
Pinkbar Goby (Amblyeleotris aurora) (or similar goby)
Longfin Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rubriventralis)
Flame Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani)
Linespot Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus lineopunctatus)
Filamented Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus filamentosus)
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse (Paracheilinus carpenteri)

Just picked up 50lbs of BRS Fiji dry rock. Gonna put some stuff together today to see if I can come up with anything I like. I may add some more rock but I'm gonna try and go with two "towers". One larger on the left side by the overflow and a smaller on the right side.

So I messed around with the rock a little. I really like the structure on the right and I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to go with. I'll have a nice side view of the tank from the right side. I'm not sold on the left structure. I do have two pieces of floating rock that would go above the left island. I also have a rock that's about 2-3lbs with some nice mystic sunset monti growing on it that I can toss in too. The right island is about 14" tall.

The rock I'm working with

IMG_7310_zpsc7dc9381.jpg

IMG_7328_zpse81532f9.jpg

IMG_7332_zpsa99b061a.jpg

IMG_7329_zps82cb5478.jpg

IMG_7331_zpsd66c6621.jpg

Archived