SaltCritters.com

Sangheili's Innovative Marine Nuvo 4

sangheili

Great looking additions. Glad to see that you went with the porcelain crab. You could add more of differing color later. They are really interesting to watch eat.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up a Pusling Xenia yesterday. Looks like its doing well so far. The Palys I added last week only seem to come out about half way - they don't want to fully open up yet. Hoping thats just because they are getting used to the tank.

91vrnu2.jpg

xLx1j1f.jpg

Do you still have that alligator clip holding the acrylic in front of the overflow box. You may want to remove that because I had something similar to that once, and my corals were doing poorly until i removed it. It may be the reason your zoas are partially closed. Just be careful of it.

Do you still have that alligator clip holding the acrylic in front of the overflow box. You may want to remove that because I had something similar to that once, and my corals were doing poorly until i removed it. It may be the reason your zoas are partially closed. Just be careful of it.

Do you believe it is because the metal might be leaching chemicals into the water? Interesting thought and point. It's worth a shot to experiment with the removal of the clip.

Great looking Xenia. Be sure to place it in an area of lower flow as you will get the full benefit of watching it pulse. Keep up the updates.

Got some new additions to share!

1x Big Zoa Colony

1x Small Zoa Frag Plug

1x Kenya Tree

1x Green Mushroom Coral

Can anyone ID my Zoas? Also there appears to be some kind of clam on the big Zoa colony. It closes when I approach it with the tongs so it is indeed alive.

XH8dQAT.jpgoOYRLtX.jpg

Do you believe it is because the metal might be leaching chemicals into the water? Interesting thought and point. It's worth a shot to experiment with the removal of the clip. Great looking Xenia. Be sure to place it in an area of lower flow as you will get the full benefit of watching it pulse. Keep up the updates.

I actually removed it yesterday before I saw your post. I noticed the metal starting to rust and yanked it out.

FTS 08/04/13

5i69qfU.jpg

Just looked around on that new large zoa colony. It has two clams and a small muscle, all of which close up when I shine the light on them!

Great video of the pulsing Xenia. Is the flashing red light the heater? I like the vertical placement of the zoanthids, it seems natural and part of the rockscape. The pulsing Xenia is also in a great spot. Not so sure about the leather placement though. It does however look fully extended and very healthy. Great progress!

Great video of the pulsing Xenia. Is the flashing red light the heater? I like the vertical placement of the zoanthids, it seems natural and part of the rockscape. The pulsing Xenia is also in a great spot. Not so sure about the leather placement though. It does however look fully extended and very healthy. Great progress!

All temporary until I get my Nuvo 24 up and running. Nothing is glued down. The flashing light is the PAR meter built into the Seneye unit I purchased. It only flashes red once every like 5 mins but I just happened to record the moment it did. It measures Ammonia, Temp, pH, and PAR.

Yeah the Long Polyp Leather was just purchased yesterday. Happy to see it doing so well. Saw the giant one in the center of your tank and I had to go find one afterwards :-)

Here's a good tip for you guys. This has been the coolest item I have bought so far for this tank (that isn't alive that is): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001Q9EFUK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Its a remote control on/off switch. When its feeding time or water change I just press the off button on the remote and my ATO/Pump are turned off. SUPER Simple automation.

Archived