Coral Vue Hydros

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

I pretty much have half of that. Definitely could use it though I don't want to drill more holes in the stand. Feel like it's already sketchy enough :lol:

Well, that beats my grooming arm "lamp tree" :lol:

KG2 - love the tank :) Will love it better when you put stuff in it!

Stuff is in it!

Awww yeaaaa. Only 6 months later? ;)

Not quite yet. I know it's been forever!

So to update. Tank looks so weird with white rock. Everything glows so bright compares to the old purple rock. Tank is still a little hazy from the new sand but looks like reboot was competed with no casualties. Well besides the big green frogspawn I dropped and re-glued back together!

Excited to get this thing looking good :fingerscrossed:

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That white will get some some color in about 45-60 days. That's how long it took for me but I sure don't miss all that algae

My favorite part so far though is no frag racks! Shocking I know!

At least a week :)

Mine might as well have been!

Won't be long and it will be Rack City again :lol: It looks good tho so far man, hopefully the new rock is nice and clean so you don't have problems again!

still frag city up in here =P

nice reboot

Thanks!

Helluva lot of nice frags up in there. Can't wait to see it grow in.

Thanks! Excited to see this fill out. Going to try my best not to load it with frags all over the sandbed again and actually let it grow up a bit

Looks good kyle.

Thanks Chris.

Next step is onto finish gluing frags to the rock. Going to put my favias along the bottom rocks and probably leave the chalices on the sand for now. Not sure what is going to go up a bit higher on the rocks. My sps track record is shit so not hopeful for any sticks. Need to find corals I can't kill that like higher light :lol:

Thanks!

Thanks! Excited to see this fill out. Going to try my best not to load it with frags all over the sandbed again and actually let it grow up a bit

Thanks Chris.

Next step is onto finish gluing frags to the rock. Going to put my favias along the bottom rocks and probably leave the chalices on the sand for now. Not sure what is going to go up a bit higher on the rocks. My sps track record is shit so not hopeful for any sticks. Need to find corals I can't kill that like higher light :lol:

Have you tried shit like digi and birdsnest.... more basic sps?? I'm not big on that stuff but beats empty rock when everything else will be filled in lol

Have you tried shit like digi and birdsnest.... more basic sps?? I'm not big on that stuff but beats empty rock when everything else will be filled in lol

I had a pink (brown) birdsnest that did just fine for a while. Not sure what happened to it actually. Also had a poccilopora in my original 20gallon tank. ####er sent out little babies or whatever everywhere. Never again :lol:

I had a pink (brown) birdsnest that did just fine for a while. Not sure what happened to it actually. Also had a poccilopora in my original 20gallon tank. ###### sent out little babies or whatever everywhere. Never again :lol:

Yeah I wouldn't wish pocci on anyone LOL Digi, and birds aren't nearly as bad as that stuff.

Get some montis. Or lepto.

I do have one monti up top, kinda hidden from the front view. Grafted cap, I nearly killed it about 2 months ago so we'll see how it colors up. Lepto's do well in high light? I've got two different ones and always kept them lower

Leptoseris usually are low light. Stylophora are very light tolerant (into the 400 range for photosaturation) and gorgeous, get a sweet purple/rainbow or a pink up in this bitch.

Monti digitata are usually in the 150-250 range for saturation, so those are decent choices. Most true palythoa are in the 200-300 range.

Yellow leathers need 300+ to keep their color, and most other leathers grow no problem in shallow water, so they're also good choices for high light areas, there are some really nice ones out there.

Archived