Coral Vue Hydros

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tank is filling in nicely - especially like the gorgonian in the GSP

I had to take out the gorg, it was getting hurt by the gsp unfortunately, because I liked it there also but whaddya do. I need to get some zoas for the left bottom rock, lots of space right there- prime real estate for a tank that little.

FTS- I added 2 more splotches of GSP. I just cut it from the stash down below. It loves this tank.

020_zps07f5b6f9.jpg

Lil' Bit- she's more turquoise from the top but royal blue from the side.

022_zpse5992350.jpg

That looks so cool!!!!!

That looks so cool!!!!!

Thanks Gena, it's coming along. I need some zoas or something on the left side but a work friend is also fragging up a frogspawn he has so I'll be getting a 2 header I believe from him so that's what I'll have there probably. Just a baby. Shoot, everything's a baby in there except the GSP. I've had that and the watermelons the longest. The radioactives kinda whiddled down to like 3 polyps in there and I can't even see them now.

Frogspawn below the blue mushroom?

Those watermelons are so pretty. I picked up a frag a few weeks ago...love them :).

Yeah, facing out. As slow as the heads are growing in the 34 it'll be fine. I saw the watermelons in your tank and thought to myself, you didn't have those before from what I remember. I think they'll always be popular.

Yeah, facing out. As slow as the heads are growing in the 34 it'll be fine. I saw the watermelons in your tank and thought to myself, you didn't have those before from what I remember. I think they'll always be popular.

Yeah, got those in my Reef Gardener order :). You can really see how tiny the clam is in that last photo!
dixie reefer

I love this little tank, so much going on. I love the idea of the gsp on the back wall. I would like to do that in my husband's zero edge but with moving to different states every couple of years, it really isn't in the cards.

It'd probably find a way to survive!. That gsp has really enjoyed that Par38 tremendously. I have a small accent rock in my 34 in the back left side, I didn't want it to take over. It's been like the most prolific piece of coral.

I love your GSP wall! They are the really neon green ones too. I recently attached some to my wall too. Hope it spreads soon. I left it on my rock for a couple of weeks before as a temporary place. I originally didn't want to spread on the rock. But tooo late. It started spreading and I had to glue it to the back wall.

And the clam is really nice. I keep seeing them on Saltcritters and been tempted many times.

I love your GSP wall! They are the really neon green ones too. I recently attached some to my wall too. Hope it spreads soon. I left it on my rock for a couple of weeks before as a temporary place. I originally didn't want to spread on the rock. But tooo late. It started spreading and I had to glue it to the back wall.

And the clam is really nice. I keep seeing them on Saltcritters and been tempted many times.

Yeah, I only felt good about putting a clam in there when I saw some of the other corals improved. My bad though- I need to do a water change)- not because of nitrate, that's zero but I have a little cyano on the sand and starting on a rock. I haven't done a water change now in like 3 wks. I really need to do one. Just for the algae part because I'm putting more nutrition in the water. I need to get a fish soon for it but I hate ordering one fish from one place, and another from another. They end up being 2 expensive fish. I need to get another basic black clown for the 34, and I want to try a hi-fin as well for my pistol shrimp, and then something for the Evolve. I know the clam needs some nitrate so sometimes I take a little skimmate and put like a mm a week. I don't know if it helps or not but when I check my nitrates it's still zero in there. I think the clam has grown already since I got him. They're apparently really hardy- the guy from Saltcritters responded to me that he never fed them and the wholesaler himself had them since they were 1/4" and when I got mine he was 3/4" probably.

I'm going to try. Right now actually. Ha, just tried for the last 7 mins. I failed miserably. Too skinny and smart for me.

Yeah, I only felt good about putting a clam in there when I saw some of the other corals improved. My bad though- I need to do a water change)- not because of nitrate, that's zero but I have a little cyano on the sand and starting on a rock. I haven't done a water change now in like 3 wks. I really need to do one. Just for the algae part because I'm putting more nutrition in the water. I need to get a fish soon for it but I hate ordering one fish from one place, and another from another. They end up being 2 expensive fish. I need to get another basic black clown for the 34, and I want to try a hi-fin as well for my pistol shrimp, and then something for the Evolve. I know the clam needs some nitrate so sometimes I take a little skimmate and put like a mm a week. I don't know if it helps or not but when I check my nitrates it's still zero in there. I think the clam has grown already since I got him. They're apparently really hardy- the guy from Saltcritters responded to me that he never fed them and the wholesaler himself had them since they were 1/4" and when I got mine he was 3/4" probably.

Everything I read said clams less than 1" is very difficult so that's why I was hesitant to get one from Saltcritters. But seeing how good yours is doing, I definitely plan to get one when my tank matures more. Maybe when it gets to 1 years old like yours =).

Everything I read said clams less than 1" is very difficult so that's why I was hesitant to get one from Saltcritters. But seeing how good yours is doing, I definitely plan to get one when my tank matures more. Maybe when it gets to 1 years old like yours =).

I was told they're hardy maximas, probably from the Coco Islands- it looks just like the ones on Cultivated Reef. So they must be it. And, if it did die, at least I wouldn't have lost much at all.

Use the old bottle trap trick. Works wonders for me.

I'll try tomorrow after I get a bottle from work. Good reminder.

SPS showcase time for my little Evolve & Par38 Letric full spectrum bulb.

What is this? The colors are really making it stand out. There's a light greenish or yellow coming on.

009_zps49421fea.jpg

hunterish green

010_zps2654e65b.jpg

This thing is turning gorgeous, acropora right?

011_zps9dcc7b4a.jpg

AND Lil' Bit- a month old for me today. She was 3/4 when I got her. Now she's an INCH from the longest edges on top.

013_zps814c9a85.jpg

Archived