Coral Vue Hydros

1stimereefer's 1st tank- RETIRED

FlowerMama

Is he catching it himself?

A yellow fish could be a Royal Gramma, half yellow have pink/purple. That would be pretty.

Yep, he catches them himself.

A yellow coral like a rock flower or something. The Royal Gramma I have w/ Geneva. She hides most right now. Somewhere, I dont' know where, I saw what looked like a yellow damsel but it was all yellow, not blue w/ yellow. I might try to research more on that one.

Think I just found it.

Species name: pomacentrus moluccensis

Common names: Yellow Damsel, Lemon damsel

Might be too big though, gets up to 3.5"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird, you take out coral and fish and ...the mushrooms aren't as happy, neither is the sad looking gsp in the left corner. Even the gsp on the back wall isn't as out. Weird, I did my typical 2 g water change on the weekend. The purple bonsai is fantastic and the red monti and the rics. Zoas, some good, some not as good. I put some caulerpa in there since I had some. I also put my typical dose of reef bugs and reef frenzy. Maybe it was the nitrates from the fish that they particularly liked??

001_zps47fbd7d6.jpg

Weird, you take out coral and fish and ...the mushrooms aren't as happy, neither is the sad looking gsp in the left corner. Even the gsp on the back wall isn't as out. Weird, I did my typical 2 g water change on the weekend. The purple bonsai is fantastic and the red monti and the rics. Zoas, some good, some not as good. I put some caulerpa in there since I had some. I also put my typical dose of reef bugs and reef frenzy. Maybe it was the nitrates from the fish that they particularly liked??

funny...i feel like that's what happened to my tank too. things started going downhill after my firefish and TSB died.

Well, that's it then. I'll have to put fish poop in there. One fish and I was also thinking of a blue coral banded shrimp.

funny...i feel like that's what happened to my tank too. things started going downhill after my firefish and TSB died.

Good to know the same thing happened. I feel strangely bad now that the others went to party in the bigger tank while those left behind are even more mad and sad now.

Mr. Microscope

Look for captive bred shrimp. Captive bred peppermints are available. I believe coral bandeds are also around, though probably a bit harder to find.

Look for captive bred shrimp. Captive bred peppermints are available. I believe coral bandeds are also around, though probably a bit harder to find.

Yeah, I'd heading towards the way of the coral banded.

So, this tank needs some uplifting for the new year. What coral should I put in it? Something new, something different. Any thoughts?

Yeah, I was definitely wanting the blue coral banded. I just saw Saltcritters will be having a 40% sale. Lots of frag favias for 9.95.

Maybe some LPS like frogspawn, hammer, or torch?

Yeah I was thinking a signature piece this time for it. Hammer didn't do well though, too bright.

So, this tank needs some uplifting for the new year. What coral should I put in it? Something new, something different. Any thoughts?
Not really new or different, but what about starting an acan lord garden? I always thought they looked cool.

I had them already in this little tank and they liked the bottom the best for me. Some still got too much light and perished though. I have the remaining 5 in my 34. I had 9. I'm thinking something wavy but not anything like Kenya Tree or anything that will reseed itself like the Xenia. I do have at least 1 plan, I want to get another rock flower for this little tank. They add so much interest and are a good way for me to keep my tank fed for the other little creatures that inhabit it when some food floats away.

I think I'll check out a site on ebay.

Got some new corals in today for my Evolve.

The Joker Rhodactis Mushroom- he'll be awfully pretty I think as he gets bigger and fills in.

092_zps9f793a11.jpg

The spotted mushroom

093_zps45d8eab9.jpg

The Green Spotted Mushroom

095_zpse7aedc94.jpg

Trumpet CandyCane- really looks bright, really nice against the coraline and blues in the striped shroom. Can't wait til it gets full.

072_zps43a85f64.jpg

Nice! Where'd you pick those up from?

The first mushroom here and the toadstool were Aquacorals. Everything else was Woos's Aquatics. Very pleased with both.

The light turned off about 30 mins ago, thought I'd see if my trumpet coral had any feeders out. I thought I better start him out on the sandbed. Sure does!!

Cute. 020_zps4c073f21.jpg

Hungry! :)

They grow so fast. I have mine on the sandbed and it's doing just fine...in case you wanted to leave it there.

candy canes are pretty neat. they have some super bright neon green ones at my lfs but are a bit overpriced. i saw some i really wanted online. they were a bright fluorescent pink with neon green centers. looked awesome but they wanted a pretty penny for them.

I'm very happy w/ my $14 from Woo's. I like the bright yellow color. In this little tank there is so much purple it's just too much.

Archived