Top Shelf Aquatics

MOAR PICS! "Intrest revives ones thoughts" My 17 gallon natural reef bommie

1.0reef

Deleted User 4

Lol. Wait so you've been in saltwater for a month? That's still too early to say quits for freshwater. It took me a yr of saltwater hobby to start quitting freshwater.

Sure freshwater is easier to maintain, but when it comes to looks and entertainment, saltwater weighs a ton more on that scale. And is not any harder to maintain one.

For one, you don't have to siphon the bed, like you would have to for freshwater.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been in salt for a bit over 3yrs

Started FW like a year after that

Don't have to siphon the substrate in my tank, it's aquasoil + gravel hehehe

The thing about most of these hella hella sweet planted tanks is that they have to be trimmed to look like anything, because stem plants like rotala grow soooo fast!

hmmm...i think i've found it harder to keep some plants than coral...ime a sick coral is easier to raise back than a rotting/dying plant..

what are you using for co2? yeast, excel?

• 2 weeks later...

Going to do a change, a pretty big one too.

I decided to make a larger tank (24 x 12 x 18.5) as the DT, and use my current tank as the display fuge.

This will both allow me to have a larger system and a tank with a larger amount of width. I also will be switching stands, the new one is nice and stable, going to sand off the current green and replace it with a deep blue, the inside will either be a cream white or steel blue/gray :)

I also am doing a different scape, perfectly suited for the inhabitants of my newest stocklist, small gobies! Plus the fang blenny.

I can't do shallower cause the tank I have now is 18.5 :(

I decided if I did any bigger it might be a bit big, remember I'm small, compared to most adults, I can barely hold more than 5 gallons of saltwater over 30 inches....

Buy a small pump and tubing to fill your tank

Is the stand the same size as your tank? If its not then i see no reason you can't do a shallow

• 2 weeks later...

Nice!

There's this guy that build his own 500g FW stingray tank, with DIY lighting, filtration, and this awesome background with a matching stand!

Nice!

There's this guy that build his own 500g FW stingray tank, with DIY lighting, filtration, and this awesome background with a matching stand!

Sweet it's the only way to go much like my custom mangrove forest

Unless you want to spend your life savings on a custom starfire super duper fancy tank.

The glass place should've had the glass cut today, hopefully they'll call tomorrow.

Archived