inTank Media Baskets

MOAR PICS! "Intrest revives ones thoughts" My 17 gallon natural reef bommie

1.0reef

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Nah, I'm removing it soon, but it packs a shit ton of par so i'm keeping it for the time being.

Which version is it?? What are you going to do with it though? And can't you just use some cheap leds for freshwater tank? I used to have a planted tank and all I used was double compacts....lol. Everything grew well so I don't see the point of putting a $400 light over a planted tank........lolol.

Which version is it?? What are you going to do with it though? And can't you just use some cheap leds for freshwater tank? I used to have a planted tank and all I used was double compacts....lol. Everything grew well so I don't see the point of putting a $400 light over a planted tank........lolol.

Just because its a planted tank doesn't mean half ass everything, all the same rules still apply (not that you follow them).

Deleted User 4

Just because its a planted tank doesn't mean half ass everything, all the same rules still apply (not that you follow them).

Lol. I still can't understand the point of putting a razor over this tank. The freshwater plants don't need it. It's a bit overkill imo.

Well, most "high light" planted tanks use lights that put out the same PAR for a weak reef light, like 85-100 PAR. On high light reefs people have like 300 PAR at the bottom hehehe

Lol. I still can't understand the point of putting a razor over this tank. The freshwater plants don't need it. It's a bit overkill imo.

Overkill is my type of kill!

Deleted User 4

Well, most "high light" planted tanks use lights that put out the same PAR for a weak reef light, like 85-100 PAR. On high light reefs people have like 300 PAR at the bottom hehehe

Overkill is my type of kill!

You have an overkill light alright. But what about the tank? :blink: :blink: :wacko:

Dunno, It's not "normal", the rim is weird. It does have a nice design, but I wish I could re paint it with the stand.

It kinda the opposite of your tank, but better because there's cool shit in there.

Deleted User 4

Dunno, It's not "normal", the rim is weird. It does have a nice design, but I wish I could re paint it with the stand.

It kinda the opposite of your tank, but better because there's cool shit in there.

Lolol I was just kidding. Seems like you love planted/freshwater tanks more than saltwater tank....why is that?

No, well right now yes.

1. Most plants, inverts, and everything are 100 times cheaper.

2. Very little maintenance, most of my time on the tank is spent scaping, doing WC's, and dosing (Putting liquid into a cap) hehehe

Plus everything is hardy, plants never die, even if they don't grow, and if they do you lose like a dollar. You lose a designer zoa frag, $100 down the drain :(

What are you arguing about now lol

i can think of million reasons why freshwater is better than saltwater, and why saltwater is better than freshwater..

Deleted User 4

What are you arguing about now lol

i can think of million reasons why freshwater is better than saltwater, and why saltwater is better than freshwater..

I started freshwater. I can never go back to freshwater........... :)

Hows this layout sound for a 120w reefbreeders value fixture? There will be 33 leds positioned over the reef portion and 22 over the fuge portion.

reef

left to right/front to back

RB:cyan:RB:NW:RB:TV:RB:RB:NW:CB:RB

NW:WW:RB:TV:NW:NW:NW:TV:RB:WW:NW

RB:CB:NW:RB:RB:TV:RB:NW:RB:cyan:RB

Then two rows over the fuge, not sure what to do, looking for a 10K look with lots of red (AKA WW)

Deleted User 4

LOLOL!! Cory cats? I had them before, the albino ones. Lmao.

Good thing you have the 16k. Because I was going to say the 10k version is a waste.

LOLOL!! Cory cats? I had them before, the albino ones. Lmao.

Good thing you have the 16k. Because I was going to say the 10k version is a waste.

Hell yeah! I got some false julii's!

I agree, IIRC the 10K was meant to go over european style tanks, over there 10-12K is preferred vs here everyone likes tons of blue.

Deleted User 4

Lol. I think the albino ones looked better. So this is your 1st saltwater tank?? Man, you going quit freshwater eventually. Once you start getting some corals in and notice how easy and superficial it is, you're going to get bored of your freshwater tanks. Same thing happened with me.

Archived