Coral Vue Hydros

MarquiseO's "I love Anthias and SPS" Tank (New Anthias Post#120)

ReviloM

So i put the stand together as well started setting up some of the equipment. Here are some images:

Rimless!!!

Durso Standpipe I made
Cabinets closed Image (disregard reflection from tv)
Tank w/ Radion
Sump area; I have to plumb my returns. I just moved so that means a new lowes location. They were out of supplies that I needed
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One issue I have is that my 10mm starfire glass is too thick for my mp10. they drop off eventually when I use them on 100%. I will see what I can do to fix that.

lnglostsurfer

I didn't used to be a fan of the larger cubes but now that I'm starting to see some nice quality builds it's slowly starting to change my mind, this thing looks great!!

I didn't used to be a fan of the larger cubes but now that I'm starting to see some nice quality builds it's slowly starting to change my mind, this thing looks great!!

Thanks. I didnt like big cubes as well till I saw this tank. I was fortunate enough to stumble on the site of the manufacturer and saw this beauty.

Oh if you guys are wondering about the cabinet lights. Those are Magnetic Led discs from lowes. They are dimmable by pressing the on button twice. As you can see from the image above, they have some brightness to them. I think they were 19.99 with 2 in a pack and they come in white and silver.

Question about your MP10 placement. What made you chose to put them there? Most recommendations are to put them on opposing walls when you have multiples.

TheKleinReef

i just noticed this, but you have your drivers for the vortechs pretty close to your sump, when i had mine that close the moisture fried the circuit board and ecotech wouldn't replace it. just a warning.

jedimasterben

i just noticed this, but you have your drivers for the vortechs pretty close to your sump, when i had mine that close the moisture fried the circuit board and ecotech wouldn't replace it. just a warning.

This. I would try and put anything electrical as far away from the sump as possible.

Question about your MP10 placement. What made you chose to put them there? Most recommendations are to put them on opposing walls when you have multiples.

I chose the placement behind based on how the tank dimensions are. Across from each other is not always the best choice. Besides aesthetically pleasing, I did a test fill and notice that i still get a great amount of flow from that locations. The currents from both mp10 collide in the front and will push the nutrients directly towards the corals. I will add a diagram and show you what I observed later. I do understand what you are stating. I will tweak move it if I find that my corals react in funny way towards them.

Edit: here is an image with 1 mp10 on:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95678355@N03/8960134606/'>8960134606_34a9b8550c_c.jpg

Stunning! Everything looks so clean and top notch! Love the those cabinet lights too, I might have to grab a pair.

Thanks! I have had those lights before in my son's room for a nightlight and I thought it would be great under the cabinet.

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking getting some glass cut and about 4 inch wide. that will be placed right below the mp10s. That will prevent splashes as well as limit some of the moisture contact with the the drivers. The main reason for that glass though is for a placement of my dosing containers. i am limited on space within my sump area. I also have to install my fans within the stand. I will have to somehow position them to divert all moisture away from the direction of the mp10s. I will also raise them up higher. So I will tweak as I go. Thanks again!

It's definitely about flow. I was just curious. :D

no problem and the mp to is not close at all to the surface. it is actually about 3 inches from the bottom. It keeps sliding down because the glass thickness.

no problem and the mp to is not close at all to the surface. it is actually about 3 inches from the bottom. It keeps sliding down because the glass thickness.

Doh!

Doh!

I'm going to see if I can find some of the left over cord holders (idk the exact name) that came with the vortechs.

And not only that but your gonna put your back out every time you want to adjust them. The older you get the more you want things waist level or higher, LOL.

I like the start of this tank, why not go full Zeovit? You have the room for a zeo-reactor in the sump.

Christine

Archived