Coral Vue Hydros

Go Tigers! SPS Dominator Tank

Go Tigers!

wow.such.chris

Your build is coming along beautifully. It'll look great once it's all filled in. Also, I'm a big fan of the cardinals. Used to not be too big on those but in a group they look great. Definitely following this one!

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your build is coming along beautifully. It'll look great once it's all filled in. Also, I'm a big fan of the cardinals. Used to not be too big on those but in a group they look great. Definitely following this one!

Thank you sooch . Everything is growing nicely , I never really liked cardinals that much till I saw a school of them in a buddy's tank , I want more lol mayby they will spawn one day :)

Mr. Microscope

This scape has some epic potential! I love the size and height of your tank. Are you planning to do any carbon dosing since you're SPS dominant here?

• 2 weeks later...
This scape has some epic potential! I love the size and height of your tank. Are you planning to do any carbon dosing since you're SPS dominant here?

I'm running 250 ml of reef octopus biospheres in my reactor now ... I am extremly pleased with the result I added about 50 ml every two weeks with no negative results .. just amazing ones !

I welded the rock together there are two pieces one weighs about 40 lbs and the other weighs about 15 lbs . It took a hammer chisel and about eight hacksaw blades lol. A thirty inch tall tank gives you a lot of vertical space to work with.

I need to learn how to load higher resolution pics......I would really like to upload higher qualiy updates...

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My RKE has offically fizzled out....... I finally got tired of the DA guys telling me to update the firmware lol !! Apex is on its way buhaaaaaa :) :)

Your light in the pictures is too blue to make out the colors of the corals in the pictures. Daylight pictures will show coloration. Right now I'm thinking most of those SPS are bleached.

Just do a custom white balance with the camera, hold a piece of paper under the aquarium light and snap it. Camera should adjust the image to make em much more true to life.

Thanks !! Nothing's bleached lol I don't have a good camera.... Cellphone pics... I really need to shoot better pics....

How can I post full resolution pics ??? It always says the files are too big.......

I've read good things about the Apex. I don't think you'll be unhappy with it.
I hope so .. My reef keeper lite is great .. My reef keeper elite is a different story . I've had issues with it since day one... I can't wait to get the apex running !

Your light in the pictures is too blue to make out the colors of the corals in the pictures. Daylight pictures will show coloration. Right now I'm thinking most of those SPS are bleached.
I need help with pics .... I'm great with a lot of things but, taking pictures is not one of them lol

Thanks !! Nothing's bleached lol I don't have a good camera.... Cellphone pics... I really need to shoot better pics....

How can I post full resolution pics ??? It always says the files are too big.......

I would take the pics then upload them to photobucket or whatever your preference is then just use the direct link to post them here. I am not sure if you can ever do a custom white balance with a cellphone but in my experience blue light really jacks up cell phone pics heh.

As for file size usually you would want them to be converted to jpegs pretty much any resolution will do on here. It would take a very large pic to see any jpeg artifacts on a computer screen.

As for a few tips to taking better tank shots I like to keep my pumps and powerheads off and lights on. Use the lowest ISO setting on your camera that will still let you use something faster than 1/60 shutter speed. Use a tripod aswell to keep motion blur out of shots.

Obviously photography can be rather ridiculous as its all about how much effort you want to put into it but you can get some pretty decent pictures just using the basics.

• 2 months later...

I would take the pics then upload them to photobucket or whatever your preference is then just use the direct link to post them here. I am not sure if you can ever do a custom white balance with a cellphone but in my experience blue light really jacks up cell phone pics heh.

As for file size usually you would want them to be converted to jpegs pretty much any resolution will do on here. It would take a very large pic to see any jpeg artifacts on a computer screen.

As for a few tips to taking better tank shots I like to keep my pumps and powerheads off and lights on. Use the lowest ISO setting on your camera that will still let you use something faster than 1/60 shutter speed. Use a tripod aswell to keep motion blur out of shots.

Obviously photography can be rather ridiculous as its all about how much effort you want to put into it but you can get some pretty decent pictures just using the basics.

. Thank you so much for the advise ! Going to work on it and hopefully start turning out some higher quality photos .

Picked up a couple of featherdusters a pink and green stylophora and a bail slimmer today everything is growing in nice . It's starting to look more and more like an SPS dominator tank ! Still using the bio pellets and everything is looking great

Archived