ReefCleaners.org

Go Tigers! SPS Dominator Tank

Go Tigers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Due to a recent surgery I'm off for a month cabin fever is setting in !!! I was feeling fairly decent this morning so decided to tackle deep cleaning my sump . Cleaned out my skimmer return pump and vacuumed everything out and salt creep . It looks so much better : ) We're coming up on the SPS dominator's one year anniversary , I'm impressed with the growth and overall impression of the tank. I want to thank members of nano reef for the incredable amount of insight and advise that makes my tank the success that it is : )

I have some dry Tonga branches laying around but I could never figure out the scape before I decided to use the one I'm using. Awesome execution tho! Keep up the good work :D

I have some dry Tonga branches laying around but I could never figure out the scape before I decided to use the one I'm using. Awesome execution tho! Keep up the good work :D
Thanks ! It took the better part of three months of cutting gluing breaking and gluing again lol There are 12 pieces welded into 2 pieces . It helps to have a lot of different pieces .

I'm ordering a new reef octopus bio pellet reactor and sicce 3 pump today :) :) I've been using a mag three pump and brs duel reactor ... The pump is way too loud .... I've been using a sicce as my return and love it ! Super quiet and super strong.

MirandaCaine

No no no you have it all wrong! Online shopping is the best! It's when you get wine involved that its gets dangerous lol... Let us know how u like that Neptune AFS, I've been considering getting the same one.

Go Tigers!

My neptune A FS arrived !!!! I think neptune systems outdid themselves with this one :) I opened the box 20 min ago plugged it up via Aqua bus , fusion picked it up and was able to program a feeding schedule very quickly :D.

The instructions that were included are very detailed including standard feeding schedules. You do need to have 4.30 or greater firmware installed.

I was concerned about everything I was reading about the noise .... after turning it on I dont believe it is bad at all :) It is quieter than I assumed it would be .

The unit also comes with food ! Wich is a plus and a six ft long aqua bus .

post-41144-0-03832900-1399052434_thumb.jpg

post-41144-0-74518800-1399052444_thumb.jpg

Go Tigers!

Hooked up the BP reactor today . And it's working beautifully :) Reef octopus makes a very solid reactor . I can tell it's going to be working for a very long time.

Go Tigers!
We want more SPS pictures! GFO in the reactor?
lol I'm working on getting a better camera :D dslr I hope . Right now I believe I have around 45 different SPS corals , 2 rics. ,2 mushrooms and a couple of zoas . I just run biopellets these days , I quit running GFO and carbon in August and I think everything is doing better without it
  • 4 months later...

Sump pic :) just automated my coral feeding phytocrom and kent phytoplex ,1ml every five hours : D . Happy to get this one done dosing with brs dosing pump and apex.

Sump. Pic

post-41144-0-80270400-1410460206_thumb.jpg

On my next build .... several years from now hahah im going to drill two bulkheads in the back for water changes one hooked to a drain and the other hooked to a saltwater resovier with a couple of valves , turn it from anone hour deal to a five minute one . My food noautomation has worked really well coral and fish all like there food with no spike in phospate and nitrate. Switched my five gallon ro resovier next to the tank to a ten gallon one , now im filling my ro water about once everytwo weeks . We had a two day power outage a couple of weeks ago while it was like a hundred outside battery backup worked great and wrapped the tank in 1 inch foam board , no losses coral got upset for a bit .

My wxm came in yesterday been playing with it a bit . Wasent to hard to set up watched some very informative videos on youtube to connect the vortechs , there up and running , I dont know if im going to hook it up to my radion yet .... might wait to do that . Heres a screenshot of how I have my mp40 configured.

My flow went from good to insane !!! Lol I really didnt know if I would like the wxm , but its great cheaper than reeflink and its all on my apex dashboard.

post-41144-0-63513400-1411072238_thumb.jpg

post-41144-0-82944500-1411072327_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...

Upgrade time !!! Just ordered QD drivers for my mp10 and mp40 also sending my radion gen one in to be retrofitted to gen 3 . I love upgrade time :)

Archived