ReefCleaners.org

Gentlemen Prefer Cubes

gena

Thanks :). Have any fun weekend plans? We don't LOL. We're going for sushi tonight and I have a taste for Foster's Freeze. Vanilla cone dipped in chocolate :wub:. That's what I'll be eating for dinner/dessert :).

Tank looks great Gena! Glad Chloe is doing well. Have not been to Foster's Freeze in a while? My wife loves soft serve ice cream.

We went out for Korean food tonight.

BTW, our Mandrian is doing well. Really interesting fish to watch.

David

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gonna mow at the old house tomorrow, that count? :lol:

Might swing by the LFS and look for another fish. The dominant Cardinal killed the other one before I could pull it out :(

Nope...doesn't count :P. Unless you love to mow ;).

My cardinal would have totally killed the other but my tank has a lot more room than yours so there were places for the fish to hide and stay out of sight of the other but the meanie was pretty relentless. I'm not surprised you lost yours. They can be brutal.

Did you go to the LFS?

Looks great, Gena!

Thanks, Felicia :).

Tank looks great Gena! Glad Chloe is doing well. Have not been to Foster's Freeze in a while? My wife loves soft serve ice cream. We went out for Korean food tonight. BTW, our Mandrian is doing well. Really interesting fish to watch. David

Thanks, David :). Foster's Freeze has AWESOME vanilla soft serve. I got my fix last night. We sat outside the place and ate our cones and gazed at the super moon. Did you guys see it last night?

Also went for sushi but I ended up getting my favorite Chicken Teriyaki salad instead. It's soooooo good. I did share a spicy tuna roll though :).

salad_zps9c18a340.jpeg

I've started getting this ready for switching over to a Doser setup. I took the Kalk drip off-line and set up the ATO again. I haven't used an ATO in forever since I've been dripping kalk. Now I'm planning to test a few days to figure out how much to dose without the use of Kalk. For now I'll keep dosing by hand. But get everything in place where it needs to be.

Here's how it looks so far. My husband is going to make me a shelf for the Bubble Magus doser to sit on :).

sump_zpsa8181c37.jpeg

nevermore1701

I haven't been out yet today, busy mowing along the driveways at the new place, took forever. Then I fixed my buddy's bike, took about an hour, he's been working on it for months :lol: The best part of that is that I have all the mechanical knowledge of your average squirrel, and had to look up what all the parts were called after I was done so I could tell him what I did :lol:

I have all the mechanical knowledge of your average squirrel

:haha:

I had a mechanical fail today LOL. I turned my pumps off so I could feed the fish and the ATO back siphoned from the sump into the reservoir. Luckily it was all contained in the reservoir. I've since fixed it so the line is above the water line in the sump when the pumps are turned off :D.

Hey, as long as nothing overflowed everywhere I'd call that good :D

Yeah...I think I got pretty lucky. It didn't even dawn on me that it could back siphon :lol:.

Do you have a ph probe for your apex and do you find that having it gives you an ease of mind.

Yes and yes :D. I love having the pH probe. Next will be the salinity/conductivity probe. Just spent a bundle on the doser setup so that probe will have to wait a little bit :).

apex_zps6938c8ae.jpeg

and for the garden lovers :wub:. I spent a nice chunk of the day out in the garden today. You won't believe it....it actually RAINED here today :happydance:. Just a short sprinkle but it was heavenly :happy:. It's been super muggy all day and it's felt like it could rain all day. The sun is out now and I had to close up the house and turn the A/C back on :boo-hiss:.

Anyways...some photos from the garden....

garden14_zps6e7ae206.jpeg

Sungold tomatoes are out of this world yummy. I eat at least 5 a day :).

garden15_zps71a92deb.jpeg

garden12_zpsa39e3318.jpeg

Buddha

garden10_zps4d8148fb.jpeg

garden9_zps0ebb17a0.jpeg

If you look closely you'll see cat hair on this one :lol:

garden8_zps758233c3.jpeg

garden6_zpsa3a626d4.jpeg

garden7_zpsf113d608.jpeg

cucumber no.2

garden4_zps5fb6fe74.jpeg

garden3_zps54de40db.jpeg

My "zucchini" turned out to be yellow squash :huh:

garden2_zps81bc5815.jpeg

garden1_zps43405f56.jpeg

nevermore1701

Great garden, I'm jealous! Next year....

Gonna run by the LFS tomorrow, see if anything catches my eye.

Great garden, I'm jealous! Next year....

Gonna run by the LFS tomorrow, see if anything catches my eye.

Thank you :). I wish I had more space! I want a big herb garden too, not just in containers. Maybe I can sell that trampoline and turn that area into a garden :lol:.

Let me know what you find tomorrow. That's always exciting :).

JavaJacketOC

Picked up prosciutto and blue cheese today :happydance:.

Maybe Turkey figs is what my friend has. There is no comparison!

In tank news...the monticaps are still exploding. Check out the purple now. It's starting to spiral big-time above the season's greetings. Woohooo :D.

0709145_zps2f2cb989.jpg

070914no2_zps0480d463.jpg

This is how it looked only a week or so ago!

IMG_8000_zpsf97a54e4.jpg

The pink bird is growing like crazy too :).

Now that I'm comparing the growth difference isn't too extreme. But it seems like it when I'm looking at it over here in person. :lol:

photo.jpg

Those Monti's are nice....should a small piece of the purple one happen break off and be in need of a new home it would pair nicely with my Sour Apple Monti :D

The inside of your stand is so neat and organized. It makes me so happy :)

Also, I LOVE your garden. I need one!

nevermore1701

Ended up getting another Firefish. Not fancy, but they're pretty and calm, so hopefully it'll stay out of the Cardinal's way.

Gena! Been a long time, but I'm slowly getting my feet wet coming back to reef keeping. Love this new cube!

I have a Maxspect Razor too, & am thinking about getting the Apex controller (mid-line, not the junior or gold level), & was wondering if you're using the Razor's built in timers or controlling it completely with the Apex?

Those Monti's are nice....should a small piece of the purple one happen break off and be in need of a new home it would pair nicely with my Sour Apple Monti :D

Thank you :). What does a sour apple monti look like????? omgomgomg Sounds nice!!!!

TY for the reply ordering my probe right now. Wish apex would drop some of these prices.

Cool! You'll like having it :).

The inside of your stand is so neat and organized. It makes me so happy :)

Also, I LOVE your garden. I need one!

Thanks :). I spray painted the wooden shelf today (black) that my husband made for the doser. Hopefully I can get that hung up soon!!!!

Ended up getting another Firefish. Not fancy, but they're pretty and calm, so hopefully it'll stay out of the Cardinal's way.

Orange FF? My FF are a little scared of the cardinal because he makes such fast jerky motions. He's a spaz :lol:.

Gena! Been a long time, but I'm slowly getting my feet wet coming back to reef keeping. Love this new cube!

I have a Maxspect Razor too, & am thinking about getting the Apex controller (mid-line, not the junior or gold level), & was wondering if you're using the Razor's built in timers or controlling it completely with the Apex?

Jaime!!!!!! OMG!!!!! I think about you quite often. So happy to see you posting again :D. How are you feeling? Thank you for the compliment!!!! What tank are you running? You'll love the Apex. I have my Razor hooked up to the Apex but it's just always in the ON position and I use the Razor's control system. It's fantastic!

:happydance:

I heard rumors Glenn and Daryl get killed off this season :(

Loved that video!!!!! Can't wait for the show to start up again. I'm looking forward to the Fall season...cool nights and great shows :happydance:.

Took a few photos this evening. Pumps are off for feeding and the lights are low but the colors are so intense...I had to grab the camera :).

For the monticap and BTA lovers......

IMG_8055_zpse5200a37.jpg

IMG_8060_zps24ce5a94.jpg

IMG_8058_zpsc997a63d.jpg

nevermore1701

Looks so good!

And yes, just a plain orange FF. I like the color of the purple ones better, but I like the longer fin on the oranges.

Looks so good! And yes, just a plain orange FF. I like the color of the purple ones better, but I like the longer fin on the oranges.

I love the plain orange FF. I think they are fancy :).

The purple are so frowny looking :lol:. My LFS had some cute Helfrichi's in (a pair). They didn't have frowns that I can remember. Have you seen that type in person? They are awesome. Pricey, but awesome :).

The colors are definitely looking super vibrant! I just love that first photo with the BTAs and the montis in the background.

Corals are looking amazing :)

BTW your sand would be fine for a leopard.... so as long as you have a 1/4" mesh lid you (or don't mind adding one) you should be good to begin to search for a healthy specimen :)

I love the plain orange FF. I think they are fancy :).The purple are so frowny looking :lol:. My LFS had some cute Helfrichi's in (a pair). They didn't have frowns that I can remember. Have you seen that type in person? They are awesome. Pricey, but awesome :).

Gena,

My Purple FF frowny too. Never really thought about until I read your post?! Damn fish is whimp! Only comes out of his cave to eat.

My son wants to return him to the LFS.

David

nevermore1701
I love the plain orange FF. I think they are fancy :).The purple are so frowny looking :lol:. My LFS had some cute Helfrichi's in (a pair). They didn't have frowns that I can remember. Have you seen that type in person? They are awesome. Pricey, but awesome :).

I saw one once. Very pretty. VERY expensive!

On a side note, we're making chicken spaghetti with a fresh chicken tomorrow. Can't wait!

Cameron6796

Wow I've known about this thread but never followed or posted so I've not been getting updates on this tank opsey

Archived