Pod Your Reef

t8raff's 20L AIO... RAP orlando!

t8raff

well i went looking for that lil rock nem and couldnt find him but i was fianly able to remove my other rock nem from his spot at the very top of the tank where you couldnt really see him and i put him right up front.

http://s315.photobucket.com/user/t8raff/media/IMG_0578_zpsf416c08c.jpg.html'>IMG_0578_zpsf416c08c.jpg

also incase no one has seen the thread for my pico yet i ended up changing it back to freshwater. how it looks right now

http://s315.photobucket.com/user/t8raff/media/20140131_131122_zpsuzq2fkoo.jpg.html'>20140131_131122_zpsuzq2fkoo.jpg

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty. These greens don't like to sit as still as any of the others I have. One had let herself fall off and jumped into the crevice at night and was half on the other lemon chiffon nem. It wasn't a light issue because it moved when the light was off. But I put her closest to the ground in front, like how you have yours- half on the rock.

this one has stayed still for the most part. moved a tiny bit when first put in the tank but thats it. i think im gonna move all the mushrooms off that rock and make it rock nem rock. it has all types of holes and crevices in it so should be perfect. also not gonna be able to order from fin-addict this weekend.. looked at my bank account and almost cried.. im broke lol. maybe next week ill have some new stuff in here.

this one has stayed still for the most part. moved a tiny bit when first put in the tank but thats it. i think im gonna move all the mushrooms off that rock and make it rock nem rock. it has all types of holes and crevices in it so should be perfect. also not gonna be able to order from fin-addict this weekend.. looked at my bank account and almost cried.. im broke lol. maybe next week ill have some new stuff in here.

Pretty soon all you'll be in is maintenance mode w/ water changes. Won't be much longer that I'll have to stop buying. I need zoas to finish off the 2 zoa rocks but I'm not in a hurry.

yeah i still have quite a bit of room left on most of my rocks. im almost thinking of getting rid of the froggy and torch. i cant put anything on the left half of the tank because of the frog and the torch is getting big fast... maybe ill start saving up and buying stuff for a 40 breeder. then ill have some room.. hmmmmm

i might be able to frag the froggy. think id be able to get 3 frags out of it. 2-3 heads each because each head is soooo close together. the torch isnt frag-able yet. just one big head with 2-3 mouths on it. thing with the torch is it keeps extending more and more every day.

well this little peppermint shrimp is about to get fired! ive seen it maybe twice since putting it in the tank and all of the aiptasia are still there. i even stopped feeding the tank in hopes the pepp would get hungry and start eating them but nope.

My sister told me that most peppermint shrimp don't eat aptasia, there are certain peppermints that do but she said they're not often found in the trade as often. So I have no idea.

But I've got a little war too. I kill one and then another shows up. I kill another & same thing. I tried lemon in a small syringe and nuked it for like 10 sec to heat it up and then I blasted it. Hopefully that will work- heat and lemon. I'll let ya know.

The last time i had an aiptasia problem i got two pepps and they took them all out in a couple of days. This one just hides behind a rock all day and night. Ive tried this stuff my lfs sells thats suspost to be like aiptasia-x but doesnt kill them. I beleive its a fertalizer because an hour later 3 more pop up lol. Let me know how the lemon juice does. And do you inject it into them with a syrenge or just shoot it at their mouths?

Bad news... came home today to my plate having flesh coming off of it. Moved it to a low flow/light area and hoping for the best. Its just a small area so hopefully not too much damage was done.

I had to use nudibranchs to kill aptasia. Never use the juices to kill them that's how my popultion exploded. Insteadroll up a small ball of epoxy stick, put some superglue on one end, and place it over the aptasia. It sticks to the glue and then is entombed.

Tank looking good t8raff!

i tried doing that with just superglue.. didnt work for me. they just popped up next to it. i have some epoxy so ill try that next. im gonna have little white blobs all over my tank lmao.

thanks for the comment mark :D

well i dont think my plate is going to make it :( got home from work tonight and looks like more flesh is missing. about half of the plate now. i put it in a low flow and low light area but seems like its not working. blah

aw that stinks. I moved mine because I didn't know if you're normally always supposed to see the polyps out or not but my whole tank has something going on, everything but zoas, nems and a little macro are shut. And all parameters are great. My guess is the chemipure elite, was going to expire in a month.

hmm.. maybe. i know i need to get new purgien or take my old bag out and put some carbon in to clear my water up some. im gonna look up to see if i can make some kind of diy reactor or some sort. ive noticed that when i put the purgien or carbon in my ac70 it doesnt tumble at all. just sits there so i dont know if its really working all that well.

Well, I"ve used chemipure elite for a year in the Evolve 8, never had a problem, until now. there's just nothing else that I could imagine it is. It's like sometimes you get a bad apple.

yeah.. or maybe its just that time of the month for all your corals lol. i came home to all of my acans all bubbled up last night. never saw that before but they are looking just fine tonight though.. these coral thingys can be strange.

I've heard to leave it because in a last ditch effort before they die they release spores and babies may grow on the dead skeleton. Just put it in a out of the way place that doesn't get strong current or too strong a light.

Archived