Coral Vue Hydros

Nuvo 16...(updated info and FTS)

NanoGuy13

Cool, THANK YOU for the info!!! Im not adding anymore fish (just have two clowns) yea I'll deff play with it before I add any more..

Thanks again!

No problem, l started following your tank so post some pics and info on how you like the skimmer.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I moved my Skimmer to the sump, so I never get the micro bubbles in the main tank. Just try the skimmer and if after a month or two, it still doesnt work. Sell it and get a Tunze nano or a Gnome glass skimmer.

OK just installed my skimmer... like you said holy microbubbles (hope they dont hurt my tank) attached some pics :) let me know your thoughts. Ill get some pics of the microbubbles

post-78021-0-22078200-1366418522_thumb.jpg

post-78021-0-63927300-1366418530_thumb.jpg

That is normal. Just be patient and all will be good. Check out my tank. You could build yourself a sump to and put it down there.

That is normal. Just be patient and all will be good. Check out my tank. You could build yourself a sump to and put it down there.

Dude thats SICK.... could I put that reef keeper in my tank what kinda sensors does it have? (or would there be too many wires etc?, how much was it?)

Yea you can put a Reefkepper on yours. It controllers you lights and more. I have the basic (temp) and plain to upgrade more like PH probe and another PC4.

That skimmer just looks so good on the tanks that it makes me want one. I have always been a fan of skimmers, for now i think im more concentrated on upgrading my lights tho.

Lights can wait for me. Im just going to stock some zoo's at first so my tank can mature then get new lights. I still need my media reactor and Tunze ATO. More test kits, fish, maybe another power-head. Also need to buy the filter media for the reactor like carbon, GFO and bio-pellets and other additives for the tank. Just take your time and make sure you have everything you need so if you run into issues you can handle it. The lights are good for softies, so stock some and see how things go. Then when things have been running great then it is time to upgrade the lights for SPS. Remember, once you go SPS. SPS take a lot of calcium, so you may have to dose that and ALK daily and test them daily. Which cost more money. This is why I will have the calcium and ALK to dose and the test kits way before I get the lights to grow SPS.

When I setup my very first tank back in 06-07. No one told me how to do anything. I decided with my brother, that we would go to a small LFS and talk to them about saltwater tanks. And of course they thought they knew everything. That was crap! So we got a 29g Breeder and a stand and factory light. The filter they gave me was a hang on the back freshwater filter. Sand and salt and all the basic crap. Didn't tell me about cycling the tank or anything. Now, guess what happened when I put damsels in it that day? One survived and lived over a year.

That is when I found MAAST.org and did a butt load of reading at home and even at work, lol. I learned a lot and after a year, my little 29g was amazing. I wish I still had pictures of it to show. I then got all the real stuff I needed, but I was trying to catch up with buying things that I needed. I never dosed, did know I needed to. Had to buy a RO/DI unit and so on. I can go on and on and on, about the mistakes I made on that tank.

This is why I say, take your time and don't rush. Things will get expensive, trust me! Just enjoy the tank and watch it mature.

Lights can wait for me. Im just going to stock some zoo's at first so my tank can mature then get new lights. I still need my media reactor and Tunze ATO. More test kits, fish, maybe another power-head. Also need to buy the filter media for the reactor like carbon, GFO and bio-pellets and other additives for the tank. Just take your time and make sure you have everything you need so if you run into issues you can handle it. The lights are good for softies, so stock some and see how things go. Then when things have been running great then it is time to upgrade the lights for SPS. Remember, once you go SPS. SPS take a lot of calcium, so you may have to dose that and ALK daily and test them daily. Which cost more money. This is why I will have the calcium and ALK to dose and the test kits way before I get the lights to grow SPS.

When I setup my very first tank back in 06-07. No one told me how to do anything. I decided with my brother, that we would go to a small LFS and talk to them about saltwater tanks. And of course they thought they knew everything. That was crap! So we got a 29g Breeder and a stand and factory light. The filter they gave me was a hang on the back freshwater filter. Sand and salt and all the basic crap. Didn't tell me about cycling the tank or anything. Now, guess what happened when I put damsels in it that day? One survived and lived over a year.

That is when I found MAAST.org and did a butt load of reading at home and even at work, lol. I learned a lot and after a year, my little 29g was amazing. I wish I still had pictures of it to show. I then got all the real stuff I needed, but I was trying to catch up with buying things that I needed. I never dosed, did know I needed to. Had to buy a RO/DI unit and so on. I can go on and on and on, about the mistakes I made on that tank.

This is why I say, take your time and don't rush. Things will get expensive, trust me! Just enjoy the tank and watch it mature.

i totally agree. I am in no rush bc i know many ppl who have lost the interest in the hobby just because they rush into things and everything pretty much died. I was getting the light bc my LFS was going to sell AI SOL for 325 flat. I thought it was a good deal and im getting the mini max. I don't plan on SPS until maybe 6 months into the tank min.

Got some new corals in this week just wanted to share them with yall.

So my mini max reactor is coming in on friday. Based on the corals i have posted what media would be best for me to run? GFO, Carbon, Or Bio Pellets???

post-79577-0-85592900-1366833311_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-24060600-1366833399_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-89776700-1366833413_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-93564600-1366833481_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I have a huge update im trying to post for my tank.

Here are some of the new things added to the tank

more

more

FTS

post-79577-0-41490700-1368220655_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-81442200-1368220720_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-20368300-1368220812_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-86107400-1368220837_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-00613300-1368220900_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-07232700-1368221189_thumb.jpg

Got some new corals in this week just wanted to share them with yall.

So my mini max reactor is coming in on friday. Based on the corals i have posted what media would be best for me to run? GFO, Carbon, Or Bio Pellets???

LOVIN IT! what kinda coral is that greenish, yellowish ball to the right of the disc coral? I want one! Also, post a pic of your entire tank as it stands now please :)

EDIT: didnt see the last two pics VERY NICE!

That is a goniapora. Very hard to keep but my dad suprised me with it. It gets a lot bigger when it opens up. Im starting to think it gets to big for my tank. It looks awesome tho under the moonlights

The last pic is a recent pic of how it stands. That was taken like an hour ago. Im thinking im going to just let these grow out while I try to figure out what lights i wanna purchase

That is a goniapora. Very hard to keep but my dad suprised me with it. It gets a lot bigger when it opens up. Im starting to think it gets to big for my tank. It looks awesome tho under the moonlights

The last pic is a recent pic of how it stands. That was taken like an hour ago. Im thinking im going to just let these grow out while I try to figure out what lights i wanna purchase

Oh yea ? so its an SPS, and you have to feed it and have perfect water?Im not there yet.. wonder if my clowns will host it lol Looks Great!

i think its an LPS. Im not sure. But no i dont feed it that often. What they had told me was that around three years ago these were considered almost impossible to keep in an aquarium. Mine seems to be doing great tho

Did you get the reactor yet? Just wondering how you like it, I'd like to order one soon.

Check out my Nuvo 16

me? if so... nope not getting the reactor. I have the skimmer and LOVE it, (now that its broken in) I currently have stock media baskets, the AquaGadget Skimmer, a bag of ChemPure Elite and Seachem purigen in the reactor chamber just sitting there. I gotta get the inTank baskets.. But Im thinking about keeping the stock baskets and just adding my own media..

Nuvo16g is now radion powered. Still trying to get the software installed in my mac to control the settings. But love light so far.

post-79577-0-34771500-1369170776_thumb.jpg

post-79577-0-53060100-1369170849_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

latest addition is........ A bleeding apple button scoly. Absolutely love this LPS coral. I fed it today and its amazing how they eat. I find this coral very interesting.

post-79577-0-31886300-1370921393_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived