Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

The Innovative Marine Nuvo Index Thread

joel sandoman

• 1 month later...

Newer to the forum and just seeing all of your Nuvo tanks make me feel like I am just ruining mine haha.

21757380845_123753c185_z.jpg

I also stared a build thread with more coral pictures and such:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/365817-jlb1615-nuvo-30l/

Newer to the forum and just seeing all of your Nuvo tanks make me feel like I am just ruining mine haha.

I like your tank! Theres no "comparing" tanks like that; they all are so unique in their own ways :)

Where in Florida are you? Im in South Miami

Edit:

I appreciate your triple post for emphasis ;)

• Like 1

I like your tank! Theres no "comparing" tanks like that; they all are so unique in their own ways :)

Where in Florida are you? Im in South Miami

Edit:

I appreciate your triple post for emphasis ;)

Haha yeah my computer froze while posting and tried to basically refresh so it kept posting it, I'm from Pensacola so the complete opposite side of the state.

And I just oogle over everyones tanks and then try to be a perfectionist with mine after, I have learned to just leave it alone and let it grow :D

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
dferrari13

What is a good ATO for either Nuvo 10? Looking at Tunze 3152 and new AutoAqua Smart ATO

Smart ATO micro or the tunze osmolator nano....I have both and they have worked great for a solid year so far

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
owlshead19

I just bought a Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 20.

I've been away from reefing for a few years (about 3) and just recently I've really been missing my tanks. My absolute favorite looking tank was my EcoPico with the rimless design - yet I love an all in one tank's simplicity. The EcoPico was just too small. I thought about resurrecting my BioCube 29 but eventually decided against it.

I think this will be perfect for me. Edgy modern design yet simplicity. I've purchased an AquaMaxx Nemo LED light to go with it. Does anyone use this? Any thoughts? I mostly like softies and LPS.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Finally decided to upgrade my office tank which was a 15 with home made refigium...see pic below. Upgrading to a Innovative Marine Nuvo 30L. Ordered it from MarineDepot and part of the order arrived yesterday. Only the tank arrive along with the AI Hydra28HD light kit I ordered but not the stand for some reason. Excitedly opened the box for the tank only to discover the whole front of the tank was shattered clear.png I"ll have to call MD on Monday and hopefully they're ship out a new one ASAP. Went online later to check status of the stand and it looks like UPS flagged it as damaged in transit. Animals.

With that I also did some more research on the lighting. My plan was to use the new Hydra28HD along with the Hydra28 on had on my 15gal for a total of 2 Hydra28's. But then my wife threw me a bonner where I can bring home the 15gal and put it in our den. Sweet. Thinking I would keep the Hydra28 that's on there now and return the new Hydra28-HD and get two AI Prime-HD's. Seems easier and cheaper actually then getting a new light for the 15gal.

Anywho need to order the following and more now as I have to get new equipment since I can bring the old 15gal home. Was thinking of transferring the rock that's in the 15gal now but it's starting to get a bunch of Antispia in there and besides I can keep that in there now as I'm going to set that tank up at home now.

Rock - 30lbs of BRS dry rock

30lb bag of Tropic Eden MiniFlakes

Sicce Syncra 2.0 Pump,

Protein Skimmer - I have Trunze now and it works well. Thoughts on HOB skimmers?

Tunze Auto-top off

In-Tank Media Baskets

Heater - Neo-Therm Heater, 100 watt

Dozing -Jebao Programmable Auto Dosing Pump DP-4 / Something I never done in the past and definitely need to as I see poor results on my 15gal. Some do great others wither away.

Looking forward to setting this tank up. Nano-Reef has been and will be a valuable research forum. Been reading up for the past week and I'm getting brain dead.

Oh and best way to cycle the tank since I'm not adding rock from my old tank? I will be added water from that tank as I'll do a 5 gal water change and use that water in the new one. 2 weeks later reapeat.

2016-11-21%2016.32.56.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Little update.

Ordered tank and stand from Marine Depot November 29th.

1st tank delivered was cracked. Marine Depot sent new one

1st stand was returned by UPS as damaged during shipping. Marine Depot sent new one

2nd tank delivered cracked - Marine Depot sent new one

2nd stand UPS says I refused delivery - Later confirmed by Marine Depot it was damaged during shipping

3rd tank finally delivered without cracks after it was package correctly. Box in Box

3rd stand attempt was delivered damaged - Waiting on Marine Depot as they says they're not in stock

Can you say FRUSTRATION

In my opinion they don't know how to pack heavy packages. First two tanks were packed in very thin cardboard boxes with paper. Really? Stand was shipped in original box were there is no extra packing on the ends. Requested extra packing in additional box which didn't happen and box was damaged on ends. Box looked like it's been sitting on shelf a long time, not new and fresh. Beginning to question whether I made the right decision to upgrade.