Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New maxima clam gaping ?

wink31790

not a good sign. Is it even worse at night?

actually its normal at night, its closed up but the mantle is still out (if that makes sense).

it seems fine to me, aside from constantly moving around in its spot trying to get comfortable I assume. its positioned itself so that the mouth is in-line with the water flow. Ill keep you guys updated on this fella.

• 2 weeks later...
TheKleinReef

Don't get caught up in all the latest BS everyone tells you that you need. The most incredible tanks ive ever seen use NOTHING but the best skimmer you can afford.

Youre welcome !!!!

wayyyyy off topic. but i like this quote. imma steal it.

ive noticed that a part the mantle seems to be rotting away, its getting worse by the day. It dosnt look like the mantle is actually curling back its looks as if its lossing mantle. anyone got any idea of whats happening ?

post-77788-0-74068900-1367001141_thumb.jpg

Where did you get that clam from ? Its either Pinched mantle disease or irritation. scrub the shell really good tonight after lights go out with a toothbrush and get all around the mantle. See if it looks better in the morning.

Here's. pic of my small maxima gaping (you can see inside, the gills) 339spzq.jpg

im wondering if this clam is still alive ??? any updates ??

if it is pinched mantle does it still have a chance to survive. its wierd because only that part of the clam is like that the rest looks healthy

Where did you get that clam from ? Its either Pinched mantle disease or irritation. scrub the shell really good tonight after lights go out with a toothbrush and get all around the mantle. See if it looks better in the morning.

im wondering if this clam is still alive ??? any updates ??

Still alive and happy as a clam! Lol

8684639074_050612bb4c_b.jpg

Remind me to post pics when I get home.

these are the best pics i could get hope it helps. It looks not that open when i compare it to the derasa

That's not gaping. they are fine.

Archived