Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Carter's PicO S III

CarterNichols

I like it a lot, it'd be far too short for my purposes but for a Solona that will look awesome. You could throw some bean bag chairs in front of that thing! :P

That's hilarious, we literally just set it up in front of our LoveSac.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CarterNichols

Placement mat ordered, stand should be here tomorrow and I will pick up filter media and a heater when I get the stand.

CarterNichols

Going to pick up my stand and all the other equipment at the LFS tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be up and running by next weekend. I still need to figure out a mounting option for the Nano. Looking to do some sort of metal pole and just hang it.

CarterNichols

Tank has arrived. Got everything set up and moved over. The water is still a tad cloudy so I will post pictures tomorrow.

CarterNichols

Really excited for you! How did the stand work out and mounting equipment, etc? Any trouble with the bio-baffle or anything?

The stand is pretty awesome, a little on the short side for our loft apartment but we will be moving soon and it is the perfect height to be next to a desk or couch.

I am using the stock AI Nano arm which sucks (too short) but they light is so powerful you can't even tell. I will be making a new light stand once we move, but the arm will do for now.

The bio-baffle was a little confusing at first. I am a little unsure of what the water levels should be in the back but I think I got everythign pretty squared away.

Added 2 electric blue and one scarlet reef hermits. As well as two margarita snails. Going to let everything settle in then add a yellow strip possum wrasse to the mix soon.

CarterNichols

Crazy packaging from Chris at PicO aquariums!

A6eH6RD.jpg

iPhone FTS. Better pictures coming soon!

jNnq93h.jpg

Top/Down photo of the aquascape. The middle rock is a battle arena for the hermit crabs.

AZJFeme.jpg

Scape looks great man, love to see another SIII on here. For the water level in the back I like to keep the last chamber about halfway up the viewing window (ATO keeps it there) for me this has worked the best.

CarterNichols

Scape looks great man, love to see another SIII on here. For the water level in the back I like to keep the last chamber about halfway up the viewing window (ATO keeps it there) for me this has worked the best.

my last chamber doesn't have a viewing window.

Deleted User 4

Crazy packaging from Chris at PicO aquariums!

A6eH6RD.jpg

iPhone FTS. Better pictures coming soon!

This reminds me of the days when I received my picO shallow 18 (manta ray 18) ahah.

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/b3ndaball3r/media/IMG_2588.jpg.html'>IMG_2588.jpg

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/b3ndaball3r/media/IMG_2587.jpg.html'>IMG_2587.jpg

http://s236.photobucket.com/user/b3ndaball3r/media/IMG_2586.jpg.html'>IMG_2586.jpg

my last chamber doesn't have a viewing window.

Ooh, maybe that was a slight design change as I ordered mine before he opened up for business. Basically just halfway up the last chamber.
Deleted User 4

Ooh, maybe that was a slight design change as I ordered mine before he opened up for business. Basically just halfway up the last chamber.

Mmm I think it's better that Chris decided to not have the back window design unless you really want to have a cheato/macro refugium in the back chamber..

I had it running really well but it got bad when the cheato algae was overproducing....I started having cheato algae in the display rocks growing. Etc.

CarterNichols

There is a window in the back for a refugium light. Just not on the side for the water level.

Mmm I think it's better that Chris decided to not have the back window design unless you really want to have a cheato/macro refugium in the back chamber..

I had it running really well but it got bad when the cheato algae was overproducing....I started having cheato algae in the display rocks growing. Etc.

yeah they all have that one, I'm talking about the water level window that apparently they don't all have. If you want chaeto you need to be sure to trim it, otherwise you will have the problems you listed.
Deleted User 4

There is a window in the back for a refugium light. Just not on the side for the water level.

Ohh I see. I thought you guys were informing about the back window ha.

yeah they all have that one, I'm talking about the water level window that apparently they don't all have. If you want chaeto you need to be sure to trim it, otherwise you will have the problems you listed.

I see. It gets real bad though...1st you have a few stalks growing on the rocks, next week you know there's twice the more..

CarterNichols

Anyways, besides the initial water level confusion the only problem I have is the glass top. It fogs up due to humidity between the water and glass. I have a cat who is way too curious for a topless tank and I think he would cave in a mesh cover.

I wonder if it would be possible to drill the glass cover with a patter of lines/holes to help air it out...

You could do that, only thing is you'd gave to get a hold of a tiny diamond coated drill bit. Have you ever drilled glass before?

CarterNichols

You could do that, only thing is you'd gave to get a hold of a tiny diamond coated drill bit. Have you ever drilled glass before?

nope lol

Archived