Pod Your Reef

'picOrdea' by ZROGST [Ricordea florida Species Tank]

BadCrab

Not that I know anything about lighting lol...but for what it's worth I have my ai controller set for sunrise at 12:00pm and sunset at 7:00pm with a 4 hour ramp time. That way I have 12:00 - 4:00 (4 hours ramp up), 4:00 - 7:00 peak intensity (3 hours), then 7:00-11:00 (4 hours ramp down time)... Total lighting time is 11 hours, peak is 3 of the 11. 25-30-30. Hope that helps.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's in your budget, do the mp10 :D I have one on mine as well, and even at 50% Reef Crest I don't feel it too much. ;) You can always turn it down though, which is a great feature, and no hands in the tank! Not to mention how little room it actually takes up in the display.

Are the ricordias on the left receiving enough light? What are the intensities set at?

Florida Keys, 2:00hr Ramp, Max 15w/25b/25rb ; Yes they are getting enough light :)

Deleted User 4

Are you planning on adding more rics to this tank?

You heard him. Add some more!!

Or let them grow some pairs.

Yeah I'm letting the ones I have settle a bit. I'd like to see them grow and separate successfully before adding more. I don't see spectacular ones very often, so I'm hoping I can do some trades with NR members :) Should have 2 more sexies in the tank next week, too!

Yeah I'm letting the ones I have settle a bit. I'd like to see them grow and separate successfully before adding more. I don't see spectacular ones very often, so I'm hoping I can do some trades with NR members :) Should have 2 more sexies in the tank next week, too!

Nice!!

Red_Blenny

Dude, I'm also looking for some hot Ricordea Florida morphs... like these (unless they're photoshopped :furious:):

Rainbow-Ricordia-1.jpg

Actually, in a moment of madness, I was ready to buy another mp10 :blink: Then I was like "I have a 10 gallon tank and one already!" That would be an expensive salt water mixer :P

When are you getting those jebo's?! I am debating to get one or two for added flow :D I'm thinking 'hurricane mode'.

Actually, in a moment of madness, I was ready to buy another mp10 :blink: Then I was like "I have a 10 gallon tank and one already!" That would be an expensive salt water mixer :P

When are you getting those jebo's?! I am debating to get one or two for added flow :D I'm thinking 'hurricane mode'.

I was the second person paid in the Arizona Jabeo Group Buy that just finished. I'll be receiving 3 WP40s and a WP25. The WP25 should be out of the first shipment being sent to us by Jabeo as a "teaser" (I believe this is a good faith 'thank-you' from Jabeo for placing a $12k+ order); I'll be doing a comparison of the MP10 and WP25 in a nano tank. I should be one of the first few dozen people stateside to have one in hand! fingerscrossed In fact, the shipment is already in LA passing customs (Watch the Tracking Number Here)

The lead time for the rest of the WP25s (and all the WP40s) will be a while - I don't expect them to hit shore by ship until late June into the middle of July. The group buy ended on the 15th, it takes a few days to wire the cash, and they require payment before manufacturing.

The WP40 modes are pretty nice, a local reefer from our club posted this video showing it off in his reef: (I love our community here!)

Looks like you may get them today!

My main concern is noise. I realize they are a little bulkier than an mp10, but if it is noisier, I rather pay the ~$250 for the mp10. I expect a full review with lots of Photos :lol:

I hear the wp40's are insanely powerful though. I see a lot of people on RC 'downgrading' even in their large tanks!

1reefluvr2
I was the second person paid in the Arizona Jabeo Group Buy that just finished. I'll be receiving 3 WP40s and a WP25. The WP25 should be out of the first shipment being sent to us by Jabeo as a "teaser" (I believe this is a good faith 'thank-you' from Jabeo for placing a $12k+ order); I'll be doing a comparison of the MP10 and WP25 in a nano tank. I should be one of the first few dozen people stateside to have one in hand! fingerscrossed In fact, the shipment is already in LA passing customs (Watch the http://www.dhl.com/en/express/tracking.shtml?pageToInclude=RESULTS&type=trackindex&brand=DHL&AWB=1853156701'>Tracking Number Here) The lead time for the rest of the WP25s (and all the WP40s) will be a while - I don't expect them to hit shore by ship until late June into the middle of July. The group buy ended on the 15th, it takes a few days to wire the cash, and they require payment before manufacturing. The WP40 modes are pretty nice, a local reefer from our club posted this video showing it off in his reef: (I love our community here!) [url=http://youtu.be/6o8aIigkPV0]http://quote ] uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmm!!!

I was finally able get some reading time :)

WP25s are stateside, in the hands of our organizer. He is finalizing the test list and will notify participants (hopefully me!)

Thread here

WP_000104.jpg

WP_000107.jpg

This is exciting!

Archived