Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Once In A Life-time Nano!!!

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah good luck getting one of those, they are real hard to find right now.

and I HIGHLY recommend the 14k phoenix bulb, great color and very high PAR levels, working great on my tank, sps up high, lps down low and zoo's and shrooms all over, and everone is very happy.

as far as flow goes, a close loop system with a manifold retun would work out great for ya. if you make the manifold out of nothing but T's and cap off the ones you dont use and put some lock line on the rest you have a pretty much unlimited array of flow patterns

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

mine should be here by the 23rd... how do u expect me to put a manifold in MY tank...? i really only need one more nozzle pushing like 250-300 gph... or maybe i'll just geta higher output pump, like the new via aqua 1800 and cut out my overflow and cover it w/ some mesh... the overflow is what's limiting my flow...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah, so i've heard... maybe i'll get lucky... if u've seen my tank already you'll notice i don't put any more than nessecary in my display tank... so the problem is a lil more challenging than just buying a power head... i do already have a hole drilled in the top right hand corner of the back wall of my tank... so thak could be a window of oportunity...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i was and still can... it's for sale for as long as it takes the light to ship.. i can cancel until i get an email from ups... so it will be for sale for 4-5 more days..

Hey Barbe

Wondering how you are gonna plan to install that light??

And are you worried at all about MH discoloring the acylic due to High Intensity lighting?? Ive got My finnex cycling right now. Ive looked into light upgrades like the 130 watt Coralife but I dont think the reflector is as nice as the Finnex. Thinking bout taking the Finnex hood apart and uprade it. MH would be nice but Im afraid that my be to intense for the acylic-- Not to mention my tank is in my living room -- so with a MH blareing close to the Plasma TV may be to much light :)

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

both of the lfs up her have all-acrylic tanks w/ mh over every one... so i'm not really worried, plus acrylic transfers light better than regular glass, that leads me to beleive that i won't really have a problem... i'm going to mount the light on the back of the tank...it's clamp on... i also considered upgrading the lights, but after building 4 systems, each time going from NO to PC to MH i think it's worth it to just get the MH... btw the finnex lights suck in my opinion... i theink the EMR from a MH and balast would mess with a plasma tv aswell... not just glare, but mechanically... MH works for me, but i'm keeping sps under a 130 watt corallife over a 20L...

Thks Bro

Your right--for now no MH for living room :rant:

So your are happy with the Coralife 130 ??

I know the Finnex does not have enough lumins -- I just like the hood design. I was thinking of installing another fan in the finnex--rewire Coralife 130 into finnex hood???? The Coralife does not appear to have good reflextion under the bulbs and the lights are (actinic + daylight) placed closer than the finnex. Think thats possable???

Any other options in changing the Finnex lighting besides the coralife and MH that would be worth looking into??

Main limit I ve seen is the width of other 24 inch lighting hoods.

Izzue

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

if you wire in a 2x65watt retro the balast would be remote and you couls use the whole insde of the finnex hood... maybe even add a 3rd light... it's really up to you dude.. whatever you wanna spend... don't go buy a 130watt CL fixture and gut it because the ballasts wont fit in a finnex hood... but a CL retro w/ a remote ballast... then heat won't even be an issue...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

two new additions... same ol generic stuff... yellow clown gobie (one of my personal favorites) and an Oc. Clown... heres the whole fam... the tomato clown hasn't been nearly as aggressive w/ these two as he was with the firefish several months ago... odd indead... if you think about it the tom. clown is basically a cross between a gobie and a clownfish though...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

i also added some sps... i don't have my lights yet, but i'm sure these frags will be fine for a few days... good flow and some food will keep them happy...

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

amazing that just 3 months ago i had only one shroom... there are now 15 including three that are behind the LR.. they are becoming a neusience*..

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

my monti is not yet mounted, but never fear, i will get to it when my lights arive... all of this stuff rad me $80 at the Coral Reef today.... they had a big sale and the East Tennessee Reef Club was there.. i didn't get a chance to join :(...

Here was the deal i got..

2 sps frags @ 24.99

1 sps frag 9.99

1 monti 20.00 (but the guy forgot to ring it up)!!!

1 clown 15.99 -%20= 12.50

1 yellow clown gobie 11.99 -%20= 9.50

I'v never heard of them eating them but I know they perch on the branches and cause the coral to die sometimes from irritating the tissue too much

The_Barbe-Hatten_Project

yeah i've noticed that he sits near a peice, but they don't actually eat it... thats a hell of a bit for a little bitty fish to get into some hard calcerous material... just from what i've seen and i have another tank that has had sps and a yelow clown gobie in it aswell... clown gobie is happy aswell as the sps... 6 mths now..

they dont eat the actual coral, just the polyps.

we have a yellow clown goby in a display tank at work and he eats just about every polyp off the millipora in the tank. there is also a puffer in there that eats the hydenophora(sp?) in there. its a demonstration tank and the colony's are large enought to sustain the fish eating some of them.

just keep an eye on him and keep him well fed

Archived