Cultivated Reef

The mad house

Psychosis

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should be fairly awesome. I have to tell you, coating that great stuff tower with silicone, then covering it with coconut fiber...huge PITA. I have to do it two more times.

Have you ever bought something, and then completely forgotten about it? I have.

20131114_112807_zps43112869.jpg

One dosing set up, hold the mayo. Also, answering the door at 11am I'm your PJs is still annoying, even when it's good news.

I know the feels. Had to go out in my boxers to get my shipment this morning while all my neighbors were out. Just strut like you don't care, even if it is 30* outside.

I know the feels. Had to go out in my boxers to get my shipment this morning while all my neighbors were out. Just strut like you don't care, even if it is 30* outside.

That's the problem, I don't do underwear, and the flap on these pjs are far from secure. If i where to strut like Iowned it, I'd probably get an indecentcy charge... or a round of applause, depends on the audience I guess.

That is a very cool dosing setup. Is that one of those MarineMagic/MarineColor dosers? Any thoughts on it?

So far, I haven't had time to really play with it. I got it direct from China, so it was cheap, and it feels solid. It's also bigger than I'd expected. That's about all I can tell you so far.

May I ask how much the dosing kit was and where from?

Uuuuuhhhhmmmm...I think it was about 145 shipped from Fishstreet. It's awesome, aside from the fact that I bought it at the end of September. That includes the dosing chambers. I ordered a DC12000 and a probe holder at the same time, I received those on October 13th after ordering September 28th or so. I'll find an e-receipt to be sure.

So I thought you were using two DC12000, one for a return pump and one for a closed loop?

Naaah, for a return pump, even on the lowest setting, a DC12000 would be a bit much. A DC6000 isn't out of the question though.

jedimasterben

Gotcha. I was thinking of the DC12000 to run my system, and put eductors on both outflows, but I'm not sure even the new DC pumps have enough pressure to make two work properly.

I doubt it. Even with the upgrades, they are a far cry from a good pressure pump. An Iwaki would better suit your needs if you're going double penductors. I'm still trying to decide a way to get a wider angle of flow from my closed loop. If it's done correctly, I should have 54 gallons of saltwater sloshing around like mad. If it's done poorly. ..well, I'll have 4 very potent water jets to slice through the stoutest of SPS flesh. The best I've come up with so far is a 45 degree elbow with a bell curve contraption carved in to it.

jedimasterben

You could put flare nozzles on the end of each output.

And I don't want to plumb in an external pump (as it would require drilling tanks at a precise height, which I'm sure I'd mess up), so the true pressure-rated pumps are out :/

Not quite wide enough. I'm tempted to try bare bulk heads. It won't be truly laminar flow thanks to the controllable pump, so directionality is less of a concern, it's dispersal that's a bitch. I tried reading I'm to fluid dynamics a bit, I think after 8" the jet of water will widen in to something useable. Pita to scape around that, though.

I have 6 total, at least one of which will be the return line. I have two on the bottom near the front, two about half way down and 14" in from the sides in the back pane, and an additional two near the top corners.

So six holes including the drains for the tank and CL?
If we're including the overflow and the 1.5" feed for the closed loop, the count goes up to 10. Beananimal, awh yea. The external overflow helps.

Archived