Innovative Marine Aquariums

Snizzlepop REEF (New Vega hung w/ Pics Pg 5)

LVCaniac

I'm still troubleshooting my cyano outbreak and did a huge 80% wc today and stirred the crap out of my sandbed and almost immediately my zoas opened back up. :happydance: obviously i realized my phosphates were high.

so glad ive got my tank headed back in the right direction. hopefully the cyano will stay down now that i have an additional powerhead, and with better water changes. I'm thinking of upping how much i change a week from 10-15% to 25% i dont think that is too crazy

i'm hoping once i get back in town after a few days the tank will still be cyano free. :scarry:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

since doing the huge water change (that contained tons of phosphates) my zoa frags have been growing several new polyps. It's nice to finally see some noticeable growth! The red slime algae has also gone out the window thank god! omgomgomg

now all i have is some brown algae growth during the days when the lights are on. but at night it gets devoured and every day i awake to a clean tank.

I think my tank is finally starting to stabilize fingerscrossed

Aaaaand i'm pretty sure my clown has chosed to host my mag float.....

:lol::lol::lol: Silly clownfish. When I first got my clown fish for the 15 gallon, he first started hosting on my toadstool mushroom, then I brought home a duncan and he's loving that.

• 3 weeks later...

Everything is coming along nicely. Moved my zoa rock higher in the tank and added a GBTA a few weeks ago and is doing great.

• 2 weeks later...

My zoa frags are growing like crazy!!!! I am getting 1-2 new polyps a week! And my duncan frag has two new heads developing

on the down side....I have discovered some aiptasia growing on my green star polyps. I have ordered some aiptasia x and plan on taking care of that when it arrives. Right now it looks like it is just a little smaller than dime sized.

anyone got any helpful hints on using this product?

joel sandoman

It's green star polyps. I bet if you have a local you can gwt some for free. Just toss those. Aiptasia aint worth th e trouble imo

Meant to say local club.

My zoa frags are growing like crazy!!!! I am getting 1-2 new polyps a week! And my duncan frag has two new heads developing on the down side....I have discovered some aiptasia growing on my green star polyps. I have ordered some aiptasia x and plan on taking care of that when it arrives. Right now it looks like it is just a little smaller than dime sized. anyone got any helpful hints on using this product?
Use it generously.

It's green star polyps. I bet if you have a local you can gwt some for free. Just toss those. Aiptasia aint worth th e trouble imoMeant to say local club.
This is also true.
fretfreak13

Slap that stuff on there. GLOB it on there. lol Kill that sucker before he kills your stuff with his spawns of Hell.

i caught my gbta with its pants down dropping a deuce. idk why but i still think its funny

A recent FTS at 4 months old

And a shot of my new Birdsnest orange/yellow base and green polyps on the tips

• 3 weeks later...

I can cut you 1-2 polyps of tubbs blue zoas. I also have a birdsnest with a lime green base and blue polyps

I can cut you 1-2 polyps of tubbs blue zoas. I also have a birdsnest with a lime green base and blue polyps

I might very well hit u up on that. where in henderson are you? I'm in henderson too.

Like your tank. I was initially thinking of that pairing too but my sister convinced me of getting a tailspot. I'll be watching. Wanna see how your birdsnest does too. Be careful, if I remember correctly yellow gobies like to nibble on sps. They're such cute little boogers though. ;)

Like your tank. I was initially thinking of that pairing too but my sister convinced me of getting a tailspot. I'll be watching. Wanna see how your birdsnest does too. Be careful, if I remember correctly yellow gobies like to nibble on sps. They're such cute little boogers though. ;)

haha unfortunately the goby died during my battle with cyano. hence why im trying to help t8raff with his battle. I have two clowns now. I've only had the birdsnest for a few weeks and i have tons of growth on it roughly 15-20 new branches starting. crazy fast! might have to start fragging a lot sooner than i expected

Sorry to heat abt your goby. Whoa!!! That is crazy fast. Didn't know birdsnest could do that. I heard they were delicate, just didn't know they were such fast growers.

me neither. and my scarlet hermit has taken a liking to it. he constantly climbs inside it and will just hang out there all day.

Awesome tank man!

It's nice to see locals in here.

Thanks!!! Definitely a work in progress.

and agreed about locals! you and reef fever are the few from vegas i have seen on the forum

Archived