Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

hey's custom pic0... small fts update

hey

Well, I've been kinda missing lately pretty busy month so far but I figured I would give a small update now that my tank is fully cycled fully stocked as far as fish and cuc and I am now in the process of adding corals and perfecting my reefkeeping skills... yeah that last one may take a while. Now, without further ado.

DSC_0280_zps31fb2f33.jpg

and a little shot of my frogspawn who will be moved shortly I am just lettin him chill for a bit there.

Frogspawn_zpsb88cbf0c.jpg

I continue to answer pm's in a pretty timely manner if anyone has any specific questions they want answered a little bit quicker than I can usually get to the site.

As far as managed wires: yeah I will get around to building that false wall, I swear!... But I did however root my wife's old kindle to get some use out of it as a dedicated controller for my apex instead of that stupid analog button unit they make you buy with the controller. It's pretty nifty I am also currently working on a website to host it aswell as keep all my graph data. I really enjoy having one big continuous project such as this if you can't tell.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, well! Look who showed back up :) Welcome friend! Looking really good. What do you have for CUC now? And I see a pair of clowns, is that the limit on your stocking?

What are you planning for coral :3 I like the frogspawn (I'm sure the clowns do too)

Well, well! Look who showed back up :) Welcome friend! Looking really good. What do you have for CUC now? And I see a pair of clowns, is that the limit on your stocking?

What are you planning for coral :3 I like the frogspawn (I'm sure the clowns do too)

Lol, I I just checked out your tank aswell its looking pretty spectacular. My cuc consists of just just turbo snails and me doing weekly 5g water changes. The diatoms went away pretty quickly and the cuc definitely helps. The pair of clowns will be the only fish in the tank I am pretty against overstocking and while they are small now I can foresee that a third fish and them full grown would just be too much in the tank.

My coral plans will be solely lps and soft corals I really enjoy movement in tanks more than vivid colors. The colt coral on the rock will most likely have zoas placed there in my next coral purchase probably this weekend heh.

Who says softies and lps can't have vivid colors? :D I'm stocking my solana with rainbow yumas and as many neon euphyllia and fungia plate as I can find. You going into the shops this weekend looking for any particular zoa morphs?

Who says softies and lps can't have vivid colors? :D I'm stocking my solana with rainbow yumas and as many neon euphyllia and fungia plate as I can find. You going into the shops this weekend looking for any particular zoa morphs?

I can't say I am looking for any particular morph but I can say I am on the lookout for something in the yellow variety. I am actually trying to keep a simple color palette with the corals I add to make it look less like I just threw a ton of wavy flowing crap in the tank and called it aesthetically pleasing heh.

That frogspawn is actually going to be sidemounted on the back left portion of my big rock and as it grows out become a flowing green backdrop for whatever I put on the rock. I am hoping it looks as nifty as it does in my head haha.

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, just posting some updates of the new corals i got in the past week or so along with a tank shot to show where this is going. the duncan is currently residing in a temporary position btw

image6_zps60d2ad40.jpeg

these are yellow not bleached, iphone pic failures

image3_zps7e62dbbe.jpeg

image_zpsa811b9c8.jpeg

Lunar eclipses i think...

image5_zpsd7ea5279.jpeg

if you look at the acan the right head looks like it is splitting, anyone ever seen an acan do that?

also note both clowns still doing well, one must be behind the rock in that pic

Deleted User 4

Lolol it's not splitting. Acans as well as other lps tend to act like that on their own when they catch on feast on some food.

Lolol it's not splitting. Acans as well as other lps tend to act like that on their own when they catch on feast on some food.

ill keep mah eye on it, saw a thread on RC about splitting acans got me curious lol

• 4 weeks later...
supermarvin76

Tank looks sweet. I am on the verge of talking myself into re scaping mine. I love the way you have yours scaped.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

lol tank is actually going to be taken down shortly and upgraded soon just got a 36x18x18 mr aqua rimless I am quite excited to get going. I'll post a pic this evening of the final look before it comes down probably next weekend.

Nothing against aio's but as it turns out they just aren't for me in the looks department. I pretty much just do water changes on this one quit buying corals months ago and theyve just been slowly but surely growing for the better part of the last few months.

As for a build on the new tank it will probably be a few months before I piece it all together I am working on a stand right now and for some interesting equipment to show up. that ofc will all come up in the new thread I will make.

• 1 month later...

Archived