SaltCritters.com

hey's custom pic0... small fts update

hey

Setup looks beautiful however the tank looks pretty bare. Are you sure you have enough live rock to support the amount of coral you want? I'm concerned that you don't have enough placement options.

And with how sexy your setup is, do you think you could do something better for mounting your light besides that bracket? How about a wood arch matching your stand?

Not criticizing, just supporting. Can't wait for my PicO to ship too! I haven't decided on the mounting for my AI nano yet.

I'm not sure which mount you saw, somewhere on page 2 or 3 I think is where my current light mount is I really like the look of it over that conduit crap i rigged up originally it is a white wall bracket with a wooden arm that matches my stand. As for stocking, I plan to add some small pieces around the main rock to place coral on aswell I'm going to go check those out today hopefully.

I'm planning to use seachem matrix in on of my chambers for extra biofiltration, We shall see how that goes, in all honesty I am planning on stocking very lightly. Pair of clowns max, maybe just a clown, goby pistol combo.

Looks like a Lemming standing sideways facing left with long flowy hair :P ...aaand I just ruined it.

Seriously looks great. Are you running any sort of filtration right now during the cycle?

I'm not using any of my filter media during cycle, the plans are chemipure, purigen, and matrix. Also going to add my 9002 skimmer as soon as I get some fish in there.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not using any of my filter media during cycle, the plans are chemipure, purigen, and matrix. Also going to add my 9002 skimmer as soon as I get some fish in there.

Okay, the only reason I ask is because I just got my tank wet about the same time as you (yay!) and my water just doesn't seem as clear as it could be. I'm not running any floss or anything ATM, just water circulation, heater, and reduced photo period (maybe bacterial bloom?) It's like 90% visibility... :/

I really love the scape BTW. :wub:

Okay, the only reason I ask is because I just got my tank wet about the same time as you (yay!) and my water just doesn't seem as clear as it could be. I'm not running any floss or anything ATM, just water circulation, heater, and reduced photo period (maybe bacterial bloom?) It's like 90% visibility... :/

I really love the scape BTW. :wub:

I adjusted my scape with a few more tiny rocks around the base just for more coral placement options for the lower light ones just now, I'll update with a pic later. My photo period is zero right now, I am trying to prevent algae as much as possible.

What, if any, are you plans for moonlights on this? My build is a bit similar and I've been looking at the R2 extreme LED lights to just stick on the glass lid.

Used to like zip ties for cable management, but years in server rooms have led me to embrace velcro as an essential part of any wiring strategy. Nothing is more constant that change, and having to snip multiple ties (and risk damaging cables!) when needing something moved is for the birds.

Bundle that up and use the pictured mounting hardware to keep the cabling out of your way!

You could always go the cable lacing route.

What, if any, are you plans for moonlights on this? My build is a bit similar and I've been looking at the R2 extreme LED lights to just stick on the glass lid.

Well the apex has an option for moonlighting setup using their bulbs, I may go that route soon but honestly I could care less about looking at my tank while it cycles lol

You could always go the cable lacing route.

I have them managed somewhat with zip ties right now I just don't like seeing them period, I see a false wall in my future with mounts for my controllers/monitors

I just changed my lighting period to zero as well. Prevention is key right?! :P

Can't wait for the pics.

Yeh, there are apparently 2 schools of thought on it but really I think minimizing nuissance algae is better than letting it run rampant and calling it a food source for your cuc.

sorry I am delayed with the pics ive been doing 10-12 hr days the past few and just too lazy to take any lol.

Yeh, there are apparently 2 schools of thought on it but really I think minimizing nuissance algae is better than letting it run rampant and calling it a food source for your cuc.

sorry I am delayed with the pics ive been doing 10-12 hr days the past few and just too lazy to take any lol.

Soooo how about those pics? :happy:

Very cool. What did you end up doing with the wiring? As I am currently planning my stand build, I'm trying to make accommodations for the wiring.

Very cool. What did you end up doing with the wiring? As I am currently planning my stand build, I'm trying to make accommodations for the wiring.

It's all zip tied up right now but still ugly imo, need to get to lowes and pick up some wood to make a false wall and mount my controllers on it

supermarvin76

I don't have my tank yet and want to see more of it. Can you post a bunch of pics of all around your tank? I want to see the chamber and everything.

Please don't make me beg! Even though I am clocked by the anonmity of the internet, it would still be embarassing!

I don't have my tank yet and want to see more of it. Can you post a bunch of pics of all around your tank? I want to see the chamber and everything.

Please don't make me beg! Even though I am clocked by the anonmity of the internet, it would still be embarassing!

Don't do it. Make him wait!!!!

lol give me til around 8 this evening once my kids asleep, I don't think ill be able to get a very good pic of all the chambers though as its kinda up against a wall and the back isn't clear.

Well, I guess I'll just have to tag along as well. I'm interested in the glass lid mostly.

glass lid? I don't use a cover...

here we go with the ugly sides

DSC_0210_zps56a16ad4.jpg

DSC_0211_zpsb0dafd32.jpg

DSC_0215_zpscc59bca8.jpg

DSC_0213_zps4c373329.jpg

supermarvin76

Thanks! Looking good!

I love the scape. How many pounds of rock is that? I'm planning to get 15-17 pounds of Manado and am worried that may be too much. Yours looks sweet though.

What are you planning to run in the chambers?

Do you have the 1 watt fuge light?

Thanks! Looking good!

I love the scape. How many pounds of rock is that? I'm planning to get 15-17 pounds of Manado and am worried that may be too much. Yours looks sweet though.

What are you planning to run in the chambers?

Do you have the 1 watt fuge light?

My current plan is to run a tunze 9002 in chamber 1, in chamber 2 I plan to run filter floss then small bag of chemipure/small bag purigen, then a larger bag of seachem matrix. I think i have approx 10 lbs lr in my display. With the size of the fuge chamber I don't see a benefit of using chaeto In such a small quanitity i don't see it making an impact on the water quality asides from little green pieces breaking off and floating around the tank.

Last night when i was inspecting the thing apparently I got a hitchhiker aiptasia that went from a lr and attached itself to my main display rock.

so I took that sucker out of the tank and torched it with a bic. let that be a warning to all pests in my tank, i like fire.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

You have a very clean look and I wish to give you one bit of advice. If you want to keep this prestine look, try to keep your live rock off the black back.

By doing so, you will be able to clean the back on a weekly basis eliminating all the coraline and algae that will stick to the black background and give your tank an undesirable look.

I'm watching your thread.... :)

supermarvin76
glass lid? I don't use a cover...

here we go with the ugly sides

DSC_0210_zps56a16ad4.jpg

DSC_0211_zpsb0dafd32.jpg

DSC_0215_zpscc59bca8.jpg

DSC_0213_zps4c373329.jpg

I keep looking at these and then back at tristanschlueter's, which I'm sure you know is the same as ours but shallow. His looks o be wider, from the chamber wall to the front glass. Maybe it's an illusion from the rock work. I don't know.

Someone set me straight please....

Looking good :) Do you plan on lighting the "turf scrubber"?

It should recieve light as the a150 def spills over onto it.

You have a very clean look and I wish to give you one bit of advice. If you want to keep this prestine look, try to keep your live rock off the black back.

By doing so, you will be able to clean the back on a weekly basis eliminating all the coraline and algae that will stick to the black background and give your tank an undesirable look.

I'm watching your thread.... :)

Hey thanks for the advice, as it is right now the rock at its closest is 2 inches from the back, I think the pic was from a bad angle and looks like its touching.

Time will tell if I can keep it looking pristine but hey, if I fail I can always start over and learn from my mishaps.

Archived