SaltCritters.com

ADA 60-F Build + Brand new Nano Frag Tank (5g AIO)

qualitycontrol

Deleted User 4

heard bad things on those. Look up some reviews. Heard they are loud. Go eheim. Dead silent and reliable

Show me please.

I've read good reviews on here, amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Fluval-G3-Advanced-Filtration-System/product-reviews/B002WJ8WX4/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

heard bad things on those. Look up some reviews. Heard they are loud. Go eheim. Dead silent and reliable

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol, well I'm getting the fluval g3 for my next ada build.

It's a bit on the pricey end. But that's what this hobby is all about. Show your style and enjoy it by spending a bit more.''

81ngt923jQL_SL1500__zpsac60f58d.jpg

Drill it run a sump and BM NAC 3.5

• Like 1

It came out in 2009 and they still haven't updated anything yet. Just seems a bit more complicated than it should be. Not saying it doesn't work okay, but Eheim is tried and true, just look at the threads here for the reefers that use canisters. It's not just about price, but you could probably put your few dollars saved to better use ;):)

Deleted User 4

This guy said it's SUPER quiet.

Deleted User 4

Yea that guy was paid to do it.

Go eheim and thank me later trust me

Where's the bad review? I don't believe you lol. I need proof.

Deleted User 4

Just buy the damn thing and review it for us! That way you can put the haters to rest.

I can't. Don't have the money at the moment. But regardless, I will get it as my final reward gift for graduating university, less than a yr from now.

Deleted User 4

A canister filter is going to be your reward for graduating college? I went to New York and got...

Nope, not just that. I'm getting an ada 45-c (18x18x18), fitting stand, another new ai nano sol, in-line heater hydor, and mp10 along with the fluval g3.

New york and what?? :)

Nope, not just that. I'm getting an ada 45-c (18x18x18), fitting stand, another new ai nano sol, in-line heater hydor, and mp10 along with the fluval g3.

New york and what?? :)

weird kid shaha :P
Deleted User 4

I got myself a job :D

Lol, I'm getting a full-time job but not right away....

I need to have some fun before full-time of course.

People always telling me, work sucks, enjoy the fun while it lasts in college.

weird kid shaha :P

Weird is a good thing. :)

qualitycontrol

I was looking at the G3 and 6 as well. Problem is the G6 has a 2.4g filtration volume, and the price is CRAZY.

I wanted to just take the canister out, change the water in their and put it back into the system, water change done!

I might look at the rena line.

qualitycontrol

Here are a few pics of the tank minus the styrofoam.

Fits perfectly on this ikea media cabinet/stand.

And to test it out, I sat on the stand and stood on it to make sure it could hold 170 lbs. The 110 lbs of the tank will be no problem. Held me and I was dancing on it to make sure that $90 I spent (cabinet and door) would hold $1000 worth of equipment. I would much rather lose $90 dancing on it to make sure than to have my tank crash, and spoil my floors as well! Salt water does wonders to hardwood flooring.

Hoping to get out today. Trying to pull the plug on some stuff. The guy at gnome glass charges $40 for pipes. At $40 I could buy 4 sets and not worry about breakage when cleaning. He also does skimmers and is working on a glass overflow, hoping to get into testing for this.

post-46904-0-16712800-1359118867_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-72549400-1359118873_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-32622400-1359118881_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

I was looking at the G3 and 6 as well. Problem is the G6 has a 2.4g filtration volume, and the price is CRAZY.

I wanted to just take the canister out, change the water in their and put it back into the system, water change done!

I might look at the rena line.

Lol, what about the g3? G6 is way overpowered for your small shallow ahha.

Gnome glass? Where's that at?

I know ebay has lily inflow and outflow pipes for cheap ahah.

Here are a few pics of the tank minus the styrofoam.

Fits perfectly on this ikea media cabinet/stand.

And to test it out, I sat on the stand and stood on it to make sure it could hold 170 lbs. The 110 lbs of the tank will be no problem. Held me and I was dancing on it to make sure that $90 I spent (cabinet and door) would hold $1000 worth of equipment. I would much rather lose $90 dancing on it to make sure than to have my tank crash, and spoil my floors as well! Salt water does wonders to hardwood flooring.

Hoping to get out today. Trying to pull the plug on some stuff. The guy at gnome glass charges $40 for pipes. At $40 I could buy 4 sets and not worry about breakage when cleaning. He also does skimmers and is working on a glass overflow, hoping to get into testing for this.

thanks man. :)

if youre willing to hit me up with some info on the gnome overflow id love to hear about it, dont post here just pm me.

o and IIX. bro stop flooding peoples threads. getting annoying man

Deleted User 4

if youre willing to hit me up with some info on the gnome overflow id love to hear about it, dont post here just pm me.

Lol, there. Deleted a post.

I don't think it's flooding the thread when you're talking about reefs.

qualitycontrol

Ahhh I don't mind. Makes my post and I feel popular.

Ok so I have an update: My latest project started with a 2.5g tank I had laying around that I decided to turn into an algae scrubber. I have been doing a lot of reading about ATS (algae turf scrubbers) and UAS (upflow algae scrubbers). For all who are unfamiliar the ATS is a gravity system where a piece of plastic mesh is roughed up so that algae will stick to it. Water is pumped through 3/4" pipe with a 1/8" slot in it. The mesh is placed in the slot and the water runs down the mesh and gives the algae a place to grow. An upflow scrubber uses the same screening but uses air bubbles to force the algae up against the screen.

You can either run it like a sump where your return line from your tank is fed into the scrubber and there is a return pump in the tank below returning water to your tank. Or you can run a line into your ATS tank, have two pumps, one to run water through the piping to the mesh, and the second to return water to your tank.

For ease of creation I decided to try an ATS and here are a few pics. Both systems require a light that will promote algae growth, so I am using to CFL 35W bulbs with reflectors. I am hoping it is enough light and it should be based on my requirements and small mesh size. Not sure how I am going to do the plumbing. Depends whether I can get an overflow. Mame overflows are crazy expensive, so I am hoping my test overflow is ready soon. I also have to fasten the screen to the piping with another method other than tape. That is there for pictures, but I intend to buy some plastic shower curtain hangers and use those. Again it doesn't have to be pretty as it will be in the cabinet. This is also a great place to put a top off if you run it as a sump style tank.

Enjoy! And feel free to ask questions. If you are curious about how I came up with the measurements for screen and such, there are requirements and calculations that are specified to adhere to your tank size. Please feel free to ask.

post-46904-0-82041000-1359163039_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-08599000-1359163048_thumb.jpg

post-46904-0-09619200-1359163059_thumb.jpg

qualitycontrol

Well we will see, that might not be needed if this does what I hope it will.

Keep the input coming IIX, all ideas and comments are valuable and help me decide! haha

Deleted User 4

Hmmm I've heard of ats before but never knew it looked like this ahah.

I would like to see how this works. So you going to turn it to a sump or the two-pumps model?

I've never seen this ats made or in action ahah, this would be interesting to see how it really works.

But anyways, if you ever do decide to go canister, g3 wouldn't hurt your tank :)

Also, are you going to drill through the stand? for the sump/ats or canister.

Archived