inTank Media Baskets

7 gal nano Carpet anemone tank a journey

nobodyhasthisname

This guy must of gotten most of his aquarium knowledge from KristinCm or Fishgirl. Wow, my IQ just dropped 10 pts from reading this thread.

Smh, you have got to be kidding me.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nobodyhasthisname

Maybe the pictures don't show but the carpet looks like its round and healed?

Update time guys its been 8 days since i have propagated the anemone just a quick pic update.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/855/20130126111939.jpg/'>20130126111939.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/20130126111923.jpg/'>20130126111923.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/20130126112612.jpg/'>20130126112612.jpg

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/16/20130126112624.jpg/'>20130126112624.jpg

• Like 1

Actually, I find this tank very interesting. I suspected you were in India from the first post, and I must say, you are doing very well for the supplies there.

I will not comment on the livestock, as everything has already been said, but your approach is very interesting. I am not supporting your approach, but I am surprised that the tank has survived and even thrived.

But at least get a bigger tank. Both for the nem and clowns. And for the excess of powerheads you have a bigger tank would be beneficial.

Good luck.

• Like 1
nobodyhasthisname

Can you get a better picture of the mouth/foot where it was cut?

Very interesting to see.

Its pretty hard to get a close up shot,but i will try...I will keep you posted..

Damn. It looks pretty good actually. If it was dying the sucker would be inside out and killing everything in your tank by now.

Lets keep it to constructive criticisms. Keep the lounge talk where it belongs.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

huh

Tommy!

I got distracted. haha. Meant to say "that is cool how you fragged up the anemone and it healed so quick." haha

Where have you been dude?

TeflonTomDosh

Tommy!

I got distracted. haha. Meant to say "that is cool how you fragged up the anemone and it healed so quick." haha

Where have you been dude?

around & about, lol

Clownin_around29

No idea what alll the fuss about on this thread but everything looks good. Anemones and clowns look very healthy, great job with lack of resources.

• Like 1

What is that saying? "It took Edison a thousand time to get the light bulb right". Maybe this guy just found a new way to propagate this anemone that none of the other 999 have tried.

Maybe he got lucky.

If he keeps propagating these nems with success, maybe someone needs to ask him what he's doing. Maybe there is something in the water there? Looks to be like he was successful splitting a Nem that is normally a huge failure. Lets follow along with the progress instead of criticizing right from the start. Who know, maybe we can learn something.

• Like 2

Very interesting.... Its like the concept of a beta bowl, but with a carpet nem. OP, did you buy the nem or catch it yourself? What do you feed it? How often do you do your water changes ? do you still do the 100% changes?

nobodyhasthisname

Very interesting.... Its like the concept of a beta bowl, but with a carpet nem. OP, did you buy the nem or catch it yourself? What do you feed it? How often do you do your water changes ? do you still do the 100% changes?

Hi there,thanks for showing your interest,I did not catch the anemone,i bought it from a LFS,I don't feed anything,just the lighting is for 12 hours.Water changes are done biweekley,i am using RO water and salt brand is Red Sea Coral Pro,I do not do 100% water changes,i never did 100% water change.

Somehow i feel that the barebottom setup has helped me a lot and specially the lighting.And somehow it might be due to the weather in India,New Delhi,might also be a factor or maybe i just got lucky.

Wow. I seriously did not expect the anemone to heal up.

So how did you do it?

I belive nature kicked its survival mode.Everthing is born to survive.

Nice tank mate...Im also new to saltwater tank.. Ive been keeping freshwater nano tanks for quite a bit now.

When i first started my freshwater tank : 40L size, i aquascaped it and made it a mixed tank. I had an angelm 2 duboisi, neons, tetras, ramirezi.

When i posted my tank a few ppl said that its a disaster, remove duboisi, remove angel, this is too big, that is too small, they will be stressed and what not!! I was worried then that my fishes would die.

But i deciede to let nature work its way. Every tank chooses its occupants ( even the number of livestock).

I decided that these fishes should learn to co-exist.

And guess what its been a year now, and they are perfectly fine, and growing. The angel even laid eggs,

Haha..

Conclusion: Dont go fully by book. None of us are GOD. We cant assume that this is how things are meant to work.

You must learn how to break a few rules now and then and uve gotta learn when to stop!

nobodyhasthisname

I mean, specifically, how did you cut the anemone?

Just used a victorinox swiss army knife,you can see it in one of the pic,i posted

You don't feed it huh? how does that work?

Yes,i don't feed it,only 10 to 12 hours of lighting.It's basically the zooxanthellae thats keeping the nem alive.well thats my opinion.

Archived