inTank Media Baskets

7 gal nano Carpet anemone tank a journey

nobodyhasthisname

TeflonTomDosh

This guy must of gotten most of his aquarium knowledge from KristinCm or Fishgirl. Wow, my IQ just dropped 10 pts from reading this thread.

• Like 3
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People seem to dislike reading or for the most part are too ignorant to see the pics.

The only thing I would do is use less rock and use a shallower/wider tank.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

So do fish, and these lucky ones get too live in a tiny space with their natural host that will trap them once it's 2 feet in diameter.

Lol...........

So you do not happen to know that anemones will not overgrow the tank, therefore being stunted.

It's just like how you add a blue tang in a 24g....it's not going to get any bigger than 4" ever.

I find it fine that way. Whoever owns it gets to do whatever he or she wants. It's not against the law.

This guy must of gotten most of his aquarium knowledge from KristinCm or Fishgirl. Wow, my IQ just dropped 10 pts from reading this thread.

Lol. Good!!! Keep reading this thread when there's more posts.

jedimasterben

Lol...........

So you do not happen to know that anemones will not overgrow the tank, therefore being stunted.

It's just like how you add a blue tang in a 24g....it's not going to get any bigger than 4" ever.

I find it fine that way. Whoever owns it gets to do whatever he or she wants. It's not against the law.

You do know that stunting doesn't have anything to do with size, but water quality first and foremost?

In addition, that wonderful 'stunting' destroys the animal from the inside out.

• Like 3

Just cause the nem is still alive does not mean anything they can take months to show signs they are dying. I owned one for years just like the one in op's pic.

Op. if ur going to keep the nems get some sand as they like to burry their foot. Also breaking its foot loose and taking it out of the tank is a good way to damage it and kill it. U can drain the tank and just leave the nem in its spot. It will not hurt it to be out of the water for a little bit. Most times after u cut them they die. Theses nems are not able to be propagated like others can be. So no more cutting.

Sea_Of_Treachery

So basically everything you've done with this tank goes against everything that has been recommended over many years here on NR. Most of us here are trying to help you not bash you. This is definitely not the road to success for a first nano reef. The op has the choice to take our advice or ignore it. Also to note, you are more than likely putting a ton of stress on the anemone moving it around doing 100% water changes. I would at least upgrade to a much larger system (40g+) capable of housing the inhabitants properly.

yes yes because 5 inch clownfish are great for tiny tanks

Along with an anemone that could get easily 20in in diameter

Looks good though, maybe some anem crabs and shrimp would be better along with minimaxis instead of big carpet nems

Neither are that size at the moment. We don't know his plans. Find a better soap box.

• Like 3
Deleted User 4

You do know that stunting doesn't have anything to do with size, but water quality first and foremost?

In addition, that wonderful 'stunting' destroys the animal from the inside out.

You do know stunting does have to do with size.

In addition, that wonderful stunting does destroy the animal from inside out. I know, and your point is?

TeflonTomDosh

awesome thread.

Hopefully the bashing eases up a bit cause I would like to see how this turns out in the long run.

I'm also interested in seeing how that big fat dead anemone fouls up his clownfish prison cell.

• Like 4
nobodyhasthisname

Amazing response Guys,i am suprised.My thread sure did create a wave out there.

******READ THIS FIRST IMPORTANT******

Now all of you folks out there are surprised and i know the reason,the fact is all of you folks would basically read the stuff over the internet or some great books that talks about how to use certain product that will help you to be successful,now don't get me wrong out there what you read,for most part that is true.But when was the last time you did something different and bend the rules a bit,Imagine living in a third world country where LIVE ROCK and CORALS are completely banned,where it is very hard for you to have quality products.Then is where instincts kicks in.This was just a mere experiment the anemone cost me only $12 Canadian dollar,buy the way i myself am paid in Canadian dollar,though i am in INDIA,And yes i do care for the anemone very much,i mean it.I am going to give some good quality time in this topic and let you guys go through the process.Its been a great learning experience for me.And for you guys i believe its something like this http://www.indiamike.com/india/attachments/17935d1305860230-bargaining-with-autorickshaws-sixonascooter.jpg

Here are a few updates,the anemones seems to be doing well the smaller one seems to have attached.Sorry about the dirty glass,i will clean it i promise

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/20130125104540.jpg/]20130125104540.jpg[/url]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/20130125104531.jpg/]20130125104531.jpg[/url]

• Like 1

You do know stunting does have to do with size.

In addition, that wonderful stunting does destroy the animal from inside out. I know, and your point is?

I'm going to talk too you as if you are a noob from now on. :P
  • Like 2
Deleted User 4

I'm going to talk too you as if you are a noob from now on. :P

And I'm going to talk to you like you're nobody. Like you don't exist on this forum. See if I care lol.

Amazing response Guys,i am suprised.My thread sure did create a wave out there.

******READ THIS FIRST IMPORTANT******

Now all of you folks out there are surprised and i know the reason,the fact is all of you folks would basically read the stuff over the internet or some great books that talks about how to use certain product that will help you to be successful,now don't get me wrong out there what you read,for most part that is true.But when was the last time you did something different and bend the rules a bit,Imagine living in a third world country where LIVE ROCK and CORALS are completely banned,where it is very hard for you to have quality products.Then is where instincts kicks in.This was just a mere experiment the anemone cost me only $12 Canadian dollar,buy the way i myself am paid in Canadian dollar,though i am in INDIA,And yes i do care for the anemone very much,i mean it.I am going to give some good quality time in this topic and let you guys go through the process.Its been a great learning experience for me.And for you guys i believe its something like this http://www.indiamike.com/india/attachments/17935d1305860230-bargaining-with-autorickshaws-sixonascooter.jpg

Here are a few updates,the anemones seems to be doing well the smaller one seems to have attached.Sorry about the dirty glass,i will clean it i promise

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/14/20130125104540.jpg/]20130125104540.jpg[/url]

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/194/20130125104531.jpg/]20130125104531.jpg[/url]

Dude, the anemone looks pretty good. Just keep doing what You feel like. Don't let these guys boss you around.

Deleted User 4

I thought you'e in India? This pic was def taken in Mexico.

Niceee

Lololol I like ai products and encourage people to own them, not own some crappy looking led's. What more do you want from me?

damn this tank is awkward.

In a good way.

• Like 1
nobodyhasthisname

I thought you'e in India? This pic was def taken in Mexico.

Niceee

That pic was something that i googled i am in INDIA

Lololol I like ai products and encourage people to own them, not own some crappy looking led's. What more do you want from me?

In a good way.

I guess you are the only one who is supporting me,i hope if i fall i don't take you in the pit as well :lol:

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

That pic was something that i googled i am in INDIA

I guess you are the only one who is supporting me,i hope if i fall i don't take you in the pit as well :lol:

Lol. No worries.

We're boss, and that's all there is to it.

Very controversial thread I must say, for all the people who bash so be it and for all the people who suggest ideas keep helping

its his tank, nem and his life so let him be!

Honestly no opinion just want to see how this turns out,

• Like 2

And I'm going to talk to you like you're nobody. Like you don't exist on this forum. See if I care lol.

here's the thing. I'm far too awesome to be a "nobody" (shudders)

• Like 1
marine_fanaticz

Haha reading the all the bashing makes me laugh..

Anyways, back to the topic, I think there's enough room for a pair.. If they get bigger, then trade them. They aren't gonna get big overnight. It's not like you're keeping tangs and stuff.

What's the point I having a pico then? Just to keep shrimps, snails? I think as long as you are able to maintain good water quality is ok.

• Like 1

I could really care less about the clowns or the tank or any of it. Even the fact that these can reach 36" across. My whole point is that the anemone is not going to survive propagation. There is no: maybe it will make it, oh it looks good now, maybe you'll get lucky, don't worry about the haters...

If you propagate one of these it will die. These are not BTA's. They cannot be propagated. If you do any research on the hundreds of times that people have tried, including professionals and institutions, they all fail. Like I said he could have conceivably made this thing work until he cut the nem. Now it's just a matter of time.

Archived