Pod Your Reef

AC70

kristincm

Check this out! Just found this website tonight. http://www.badfishreefsystems.com/aquaclear_media_racks_7.html#

Check these out too for your 20L. http://www.badfishreefsystems.com/all_in_one_kits_5.htmlI think it's awesome. Wish I would have seen this before I started my 12 JBJ

Cool! & I didn't know that was the surface skimmer hen I was looking up the price on amazon it didn't look like that

Bought the ac20 already lol going to use it til I get the ac70 & switch impellers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ac70 tiiiiime

Ordering it tomorrow! So excited lol going to run it as a regular filter until I find a good deal on stuff for the fuge.

So I have a question should I get a power head with this filter, some say u don't have to because the flow with the ac20 propeller will be enough.

One more question, should I get a surface skimmer to connect to it? I know aqua clear makes one or would a different one be better?

Badfish Reef Systems tiiiiiiiiime!

AC70 is going to have plenty of flow. This picture is after I cut two fins off of the impeller. I wish I had bought the BRS mod when I had my pico the AC70 media basket would have been so much easier and nicer looking.

post-78448-0-92194300-1360101998_thumb.jpg

Badfish Reef Systems tiiiiiiiiime!

AC70 is going to have plenty of flow. This picture is after I cut two fins off of the impeller. I wish BRS was around when I had my pico the AC70 media basket would have been so much easier and nicer looking.

Cool! I have a pump just in case but I was thinking of getting an actual powerhead.

Does the actual box do the skimming??

$40 is a good price for the combo kit!

I know it's very reasonable which makes it all the much better. No the box makes changing custom media easier and with less hassle. By "the box" I'm referring to the box that sits inside the AC70. The actual skimmer box in the combo kit yes it does the skimming, but it also looks like it will take up some room inside a pico. It might fit perfect, I've never seen anyone use one inside a pico. You'd be the first. Doooo iiiiiit. :)

For skimming in a pico though I would just drill a hole in the return tube close to the top of the water. Believe me the AC70 is going to suck a lot. In a good way.

Buuuut, if you're worried about something getting sucked in to its death I would definitely try the combo kit.

I know it's very reasonable which makes it all the much better. No the box makes changing custom media easier and with less hassle. By "the box" I'm referring to the box that sits inside the AC70. The actual skimmer box in the combo kit yes it does the skimming, but it also looks like it will take up some room inside a pico. It might fit perfect, I've never seen anyone use one inside a pico. You'd be the first. Doooo iiiiiit. :)

For skimming in a pico I would just drill a hole in the return tube close to the top of the water. Believe me the AC70 is going to suck a lot. In a good way.

Lol yeah the box seems pretty big to stick in my tank. I wonder what the dimensions are. Hmmm what to do

Lol yeah the box seems pretty big to stick in my tank. I wonder what the dimensions are. Hmmm what to do

Easy, make the order. Buy some ice cream and stare at your tank until the mods are delivered. Moose tracks preferably or cookies and creme.

For skimming in a pico though I would just drill a hole in the return tube close to the top of the water. Believe me the AC70 is going to suck a lot. In a good way.

Buuuut, if you're worried about something getting sucked in to its death I would definitely try the combo kit.

Waitttttt lol I just noticed the last part, what do u mean by something eating sucked to its death?? Lol I'm ordering the filter today or tomorrow! :) in so excited

Easy, make the order. Buy some ice cream and stare at your tank until the mods are delivered

Lol ice cream would make staring at my tank much more fun! Especially after I get my new light I ordered today plus the filter!!

I mean, if you drill a hole in the tube without anything restricting the flow it is a non discriminating tank vacuum. While installing the surface skimmer mod would allow some discrimination and be a lot safer for unsuspecting reef inhabitants.

Pros and cons and pros and cons and prooos

The AC70 on a 3 gallon Pico is match in heaven. Plus for water change you just detach filter, remove media, pour out water, replace media, fill with water, and done. Easy peazy lemon squeazy

Yes ice cream is just as important as lights.

Does not take up so much room after all. Not bad.

You have got me talking about it so much I'm ordering one too. And ice cream. And egg rolls.

Does not take up so much room after all. Not bad.

You have got me talking about it so much I'm ordering one too. And ice cream. And egg rolls.

awesome! thats a good size! going to have to order the combo set!!

and ice cream! lmao

and wow thats a nice flow coming from the ac70 cant wait

awesome! thats a good size! going to have to order the combo set!!

and ice cream! lmao

and wow thats a nice flow coming from the ac70 cant wait

I'm ordering mine tonight, whoever posts pictures of it in your tank first gets bragging rights!

• Like 1

I'm ordering mine tonight, whoever posts pictures of it in your tank first gets bragging rights!

lol not fair!! u will probably get yours first since i still have to order my filter too!

can i still put my heater in it with the chaeto & lr??

While you're in the money spending mood. Before you go out and get those new shoes you want take a look at these. http://micro-reefs.com/aquariums.html

Skip down to the 8 gallon. Made to house ...an AC70!! Bckooooo mind blown! I'm so happy I'm crying.

Lol I haven't ordered the stuff yet cuz my husband said he might buy me a biocube as a gift 0.O lol

• 8 months later...

Archived